Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295725 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #5625 on: October 12, 2021, 09:10:47 AM »

I'll only talk baseball with people who know something about it.  Sorry.

Have fun though!

I do appreciate the toughness you bring; the fight through the muck and the mire; the hard-nosed take no-prisoners, speaking truth to power approach you take on an Internet message Board, tough guy.  You're certainly no one to be trifled with.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:13:20 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: October 12, 2021, 09:15:17 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot the stark realism and lack of sentimentality you bring to all that you post.  It's appreciated!!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: October 12, 2021, 09:20:01 AM »

I'll only talk baseball with people who know something about it.  Sorry.

Have fun though!

I do appreciate the toughness you bring; the fight through the muck and the mire; the hard-nosed take no-prisoners, speaking truth to power approach you take on an Internet message Board, tough guy.  You're certainly no one to be trifled with.

How would you know that someone knew something about it, being that you are so ignorant on the subject?

Given your massive personal courage and great skill at running your mouth while providing nothing here but snark, if you would like to trifle with me in person, I am sure we can make the arrangement. Just use that little Messages section of the menu up above, roughneck.

And be sure to sign the waivers that will be provided. I know you need the money, so we don't want to be providing for you the rest of your life, in the aftermath.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: October 12, 2021, 09:26:23 AM »

I've been challenged to a duel!! Pass.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: October 12, 2021, 09:39:41 AM »

I've been challenged to a duel!! Pass.

Good move.

But you brought the challenge.

Not me.

Have a good day, Yank.

Thanks for playing.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: October 12, 2021, 09:41:02 AM »

But you brought the challenge.  Sure I did.

You've claimed to know where I live.  Come visit!!!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:44:06 AM by Yankguy1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: October 12, 2021, 09:45:20 AM »

Hammy is an idiot troll-that will not change.

Imagine if no baseball team took advantage or was victimized by an error or bad pitching, or poor managing or luck?

We can't as it seldom happens where two perfect teams play perfect baseball.

But our resident troll, blames the Sox for taking advantage of what they could against a very good team.

Oh and the Sox beat a very good team 3  out of 4 games.

The Rays are a very good team, but the Sox were the better team in that series.

and most baseball fans understood that.

And most would understand the trolling of a poor-sport troll. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: October 12, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »

Banks represents a fan base that refuses to acknowledge how it was just given a series in much the same way that Bill Buckner and his teammates gave it away to the Mets in '86.

Guess that was different, though, right?

Heh

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: October 12, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »

I only represent myself in these matters, though I suspect many Sox fans hold a similar belief that the Sox are a resilient team as proven by the inordinate # of CFBW they pulled off this year.  In the Rays series the Sox got pounded in the first game, 5-0, and were down 5-2 after their 2nd game hope Chris Sale was abused in the 1st inning for 5 runs. They were in a huge hole, but for various reasons, including some awesome bullpen work, and a savage offensive attack, they won the game. The last 2 games were nail-biters and very good games for baseball fans to watch. But yes the Red Sox got lucky with a bouncing ball.

Imagine that a game where the bounce of a ball comes into play hundreds of time, the Sox got lucky on a bounce?

And as to your non sequitor example, which was stupid and was irrelevant, the '86 Sox lost and the '86 Mets won for a variety of reasons, far too many to discuss in a post to a idiot troll.

btw you should probably shit your pants in private, your embarassing yourself and you're starting to smell like shit.   
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:11:25 AM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: October 12, 2021, 10:17:58 AM »

I only represent myself in these matters, though I suspect many Sox fans hold a similar belief that the Sox are a resilient team as proven by the inordinate # of CFBW they pulled off this year.  In the Rays series the Sox got pounded in the first game, 5-0, and were down 5-2 after their 2nd game hope Chris Sale was abused in the 1st inning for 5 runs. They were in a huge hole, but for various reasons, including some awesome bullpen work, and a savage offensive attack, they won the game. The last 2 games were nail-biters and very good games for baseball fans to watch. But yes the Red Sox got lucky with a bouncing ball.

Imagine that a game where the bounce of a ball comes into play hundreds of time, the Sox got lucky on a bounce?

And as to your non sequitor example, which was stupid and was irellevant, the '86 Sox lost and the '86 Mets won for a variety of reasons, far too many to discuss in a post to a idiot troll.

btw you should probably shit your pants in private, your embarassing yourself and your starting to smell like shit.

No, you're pretty much representative of the base. The last two games you blew leads and got bailed out by luck and mismanagement. You probably can't see that, though, since you're too busy trying to retrofit reality into your personal distortion box.

And "gets by Buckner" is no different than the misplay be Diaz at third to bring Kiki to the plate, and we don't have to remind you of Grady Little to critique Cash for pitching to Kiki with first base open, and needing a force play at home or a potential inning ending DP in the 9th, last night.

But you go ahead and strut like Foghorn Leghorn, today, because Boston ain't going to win the World Series. It will be blaming others for the loss, though, when it inevitably comes.

And, btw, you should GFY, instead of the neighbor's dog.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: October 12, 2021, 10:28:09 AM »

Hamilton Samuels would like to remind everybody that he HATES the Red Sox and their fans!!  Just in case we aren't paying attention.

Nailed it in one, Yank.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: October 12, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »

I get a chuckle from the "Choi had to block that ball or the game could have been over"

Tough play - put PICK IT!  Put yourself out there, be a hero.

Does Cash have a better defender to put there?  Debatable for sure.

Yeah - tough tos ee Sox didnt just rake and win it.  But great AB by Kee-kay to do the job - I thought they might have walked him.

Congrats to manager ALEX and the gang.  That 16-1 looks OK right now as Astros and White Sox I see as beatable entities and Giants just have to crash sooner or later.  Dont they?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: October 12, 2021, 10:30:15 AM »

Oh yeah - one more thing -

WHITLOCK!!!!!!

(not having Robles try to save it was a Godsend)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: October 12, 2021, 10:36:40 AM »

HamilSam -

who do you have winning it all?

Dodgers certainly not looking like their best self.

I am pulling for Chicago, then Milwaukee.  Each could end today.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: October 12, 2021, 10:44:45 AM »

Alcohol!

https://www.njonlinegambling.com/mlb-fans-who-drink-the-most/

It's funny listening to Ham tell us how the Boston fans will blame others when we ultimately fail to win the World Series, while he is blaming everybody and their neighbors for our winning.

And if players are distracted or unnerved by our fans, that's not the players' fault. Nope. Nor the fans' enthusiasm. Must be some combination of drink and racism.

The master of fingerpointing has accused us of fingerpointing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 469