Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 [2632] 2633 2634 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1616559 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39465 on: June 22, 2020, 09:17:08 PM »

Well none of them were traitors.
Ah. YankGuy prefers to change the subject.

Maxine Waters...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39466 on: June 22, 2020, 09:17:28 PM »

Yank found something wholesome that accidentally made its way in to Red’s usual stream of weak bile. Red quickly backtracks, not wanting to be associated with decency in any form lest he lose status among his Satanic nazi sowing circle.

It’s a bit like trump inc. not wanting to admit it just got a huge chocolate swirly from a bunch of tech savvy kids into Korean pop music.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39467 on: June 22, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »

LOL!

The master of changing the subject has spoken, after he already changed the subject twice.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #39468 on: June 22, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »

The discussion was the wisdom of pulling down the statues of traitors.  Nice try, though.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39469 on: June 22, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »

OMG!
Jimmy Kimmel( he of blackface ignominy) now is discovered using the N-Word
in a song in 1996.
( according to the Cancel  Culture rules of 2020 there is no statue of limitations on that offense). See Jimmy Fallon Faces Backlash For Wearing Blackface in Resurfaced ‘SNL’ Clip-variety.com

Is Kimmel’s scheduled Emmy hosting in Jeopardy?
Should it be?
Discuss.

Nigga please...

What's the problem anyway...Dave  Chappelle says it all the time.
Blacks in America walk around with it written in caps on their shirts.
'Cracker' ..in common usage.

You can say it all you like.

Someone slaps the taste out your mouth can’t say it wasn’t earned.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39470 on: June 22, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »

The discussion was the wisdom of pulling down the statues of traitors.  Nice try, though.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #39471 on: June 22, 2020, 09:21:21 PM »

I play jazz,  blues,  ragtime,  on the piano so the contributions of black Americans in the arts means the world to me.   There'd better be a Thomas Wright Waller statue somewhere,  or I will be burning down a Target store asap.   It ain't misbehavin to make room for such greats - there are only so many plinths.

So awesome that Ward wants to erect a statue of Maxine Waters.  Let that one sink in....

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39472 on: June 22, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/iibr-coronavirus-vaccine-found-to-work-in-hamsters-632179?fbclid=IwAR2ca7DO_4Hm9qxtXmlWaHfbvJpJolI-x0fHCXIto7_AN5gPcifzxB9meCk

They say if they get to start human trials in a couple weeks, we might have a vaccine at the end of the winter ready for distribution.

Might.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39473 on: June 22, 2020, 09:23:11 PM »

I play jazz,  blues,  ragtime,  on the piano so the contributions of black Americans in the arts means the world to me.   There'd better be a Thomas Wright Waller statue somewhere,  or I will be burning down a Target store asap.   It ain't misbehavin to make room for such greats - there are only so many plinths.

His feets too big.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39474 on: June 22, 2020, 09:24:13 PM »

I can imagine him resigning before the election.  That seems like a page out of his playbook. Claim he can't win because the game is rigged.  Thus he avoids "losing" to Biden and can spin it as he "no longer wanted the job/finished the job in the first three years pre china virus" can blame china and antifa etc. etc.

Dead wrong

Trump genuinely feels the USA is best served in a Trump presidency.  Thus its in til the end - and God help us if he loses

God help us if he wins. How much worse can we get than this monomaniacal self-serving conman has been so far?

But, while I am certain that he believes we would be best off with him for another couple terms (as he has suggested, he's "owed" a make-up term!), his beliefs are not everybody's. Further., he could withdraw from the race despite that bogus sentiment if he becomes convinced that he would lose.

It would not be a "real" withdrawal, but something akin to bonespurs. With sadness and regret, he must withdraw from the playing field, for the good of the country.

Trump would rather clump his closest followers for the optics than save their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

How well off anyone besides himself would be never enters into his thinking on any issue.

That’s why his wives are always blackmailing him to renegotiate pre-nups. That and, because he’s such a fucking loser, he makes it so easy to do.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #39475 on: June 22, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »

So awesome that Ward wants to erect a statue of Maxine Waters.  Let that one sink in....
Might want to learn to read.
Albeit kind of late in your life.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #39476 on: June 22, 2020, 09:30:52 PM »

Albeit!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39477 on: June 22, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »

Might want to learn to read.
Albeit kind of late in your life.

Ever the vague insult with nothing to back up the suggestion that another has erred.

So much easier than stating what you think are facts and having them disproven.

barton

« Reply #39478 on: June 22, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »

His feets too big.

Heh!   Love that song (Your Feets Too Big),  which Fats didn't write or score.  But his cover was noted for the lyrics of his own that he ad libbed into it.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #39479 on: June 22, 2020, 09:31:51 PM »

The discussion was the wisdom of pulling down the statues of traitors.
No. It wasn’t.
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 [2632] 2633 2634 ... 4288