Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2292 2293 [2294] 2295 2296 ... 2724

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 501484 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #34395 on: May 13, 2023, 10:05:15 AM »

I gather that the killer was arrested for some reason.  Manslaughter reportedly.

Possibly it is not legal to kill an unarmed man for making verbal threats.

But I await Red's legal expertise on the matter.

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #34396 on: May 13, 2023, 10:09:03 AM »

They are quiet because there has been an arrest.

You would think that was obvious but Red has subtle insights into sudden silences, due to his experience with them when he disrobes in a locker room.  Or expresses opinions.  Or eats in public. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34397 on: May 13, 2023, 10:51:59 AM »

Nice to see the  protests and the yammerings  from AOC  over the Neely episode have faded away.
It often happens when potential  victims of promised violence come forward with their observations.
In contrast Albert Bragg behaved as expected.
A coward to the mob of racist haters.

Refresh our memories here: at what point did Neely actually attack anyone?  Thanks.
You may want to refresh yourself on the facts, if you ever have.
You may want to read the statements of the subway riders who were threatened.
You may want to read the law.
You may want to consider if headline seekers  like AOC are suddenly silent there is more to the story than you recognize.
Just some advice based on common sense.

Refresh our memories here: at what point did Neely actually attack anyone?

Let us read the words of an elderly subway co passenger and what she felt :

(Neely) said, I do not care. Iwill  take a bullet, I will go to jail because he would kill people on the train, the woman said of Neely.  He said, I would kill a motherfucker I do not care. I will take a bullet. I will go to jail.

The retiree said Penny did not initially engage with Neely during the wild rant until things got out of hand and he felt the urge to step in.

This gentleman, Mr. Penny, did not stand up,Did not engage with the gentleman. He said not a word. It was all Mr. Neely that was threatening  the passengers.
If he did not get what he wants.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 10:57:16 AM by Espnthree »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #34398 on: May 13, 2023, 11:10:43 AM »

And yet they brought a manslaughter charge.  Weird, huh?

What a pity, think of the quick resolution of the world's population problem if fatal chokeholds are administered whenever someone threatens to kill someone! 

Another possibility, and this might be why we have, you know, court trials and such like, is that an upset mentally unstable man was dramatically saying he would do about anything to get himself in jail so he could obtain shelter and food.  But yeah, better to choke first and ask questions later, miright?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34399 on: May 13, 2023, 11:27:27 AM »

And yet they brought a manslaughter charge.  Weird, huh?
No. Not if you follow the law. And the charge still can be dropped.
Research the Bodega Owner a few months ago.

What a pity, think of the quick resolution of the world's population problem if fatal chokeholds are administered whenever someone threatens to kill someone! 
Are you suggesting we wait until an innocent person is killed before taking action?
Another possibility, and this might be why we have, you know, court trials and such like, is that an upset mentally unstable man was dramatically saying he would do about anything to get himself in jail so he could obtain shelter and food.  But yeah, better to choke first and ask questions later, miright?
I wonder if you ever read what you write before hitting post.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #34400 on: May 13, 2023, 12:03:02 PM »

You seem oddly unable to discern sarcasm and irony.  Let's try Irony Alert, a new service from BartoSoft, for the irony-impaired...

(irony)
Yes, we should always have a lethal response any time an angry black man says things that make older Karens, and the nervous generally, feel threatened!  After all, he cannot be an innocent person!  He is black, and angry!  And hungry, so triple-threat!  And someone innocent, like a nervous well-fed white person, could be killled!  (/irony)

I hope Irony Alert has been of assistance today. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34401 on: May 13, 2023, 12:09:23 PM »

You seem oddly unable to discern sarcasm and irony.  Let's try Irony Alert, a new service from BartoSoft, for the irony-impaired...

(irony)
Yes, we should always have a lethal response any time an angry black man says things that make older Karens, and the nervous generally, feel threatened!  After all, he cannot be an innocent person!  He is black, and angry!  And hungry, so triple-threat!  And someone innocent, like a nervous well-fed white person, could be killled!  (/irony)

I hope Irony Alert has been of assistance today.
Let us know when you intend to use irony

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34402 on: May 13, 2023, 12:23:33 PM »

I gather that the killer was arrested for some reason.  Manslaughter reportedly.

It is legal to kill an unarmed man for making verbal threats.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #34403 on: May 13, 2023, 12:26:39 PM »

Nice to see the  protests and the yammerings  from AOC  over the Neely episode have faded away.
It often happens when potential  victims of promised violence come forward with their observations.
In contrast Albert Bragg behaved as expected.
A coward to the mob of racist haters.

Refresh our memories here: at what point did Neely actually attack anyone?  Thanks.
You may want to refresh yourself on the facts, if you ever have.
You may want to read the statements of the subway riders who were threatened.
You may want to read the law.
You may want to consider if headline seekers  like AOC are suddenly silent there is more to the story than you recognize.
Just some advice based on common sense.

Refresh our memories here: at what point did Neely actually attack anyone?

Let us read the words of an elderly subway co passenger and what she felt :

(Neely) said, I do not care. Iwill  take a bullet, I will go to jail because he would kill people on the train, the woman said of Neely.  He said, I would kill a motherfucker I do not care. I will take a bullet. I will go to jail.

The retiree said Penny did not initially engage with Neely during the wild rant until things got out of hand and he felt the urge to step in.

This gentleman, Mr. Penny, did not stand up,Did not engage with the gentleman. He said not a word. It was all Mr. Neely that was threatening  the passengers.
If he did not get what he wants.

I understand the need to step in but at some point recognize the death struggle and allow air to flow. He and his accomplices held the guy for several minutes after he shit on himself.

I am sure they never intended to kill they guy but THEY KILLED THE GUY.

And they will get due process.

Where are the folks who countered BLM with ALL LIVES MATTER?

Because the truth is to most folks on the right side of the political aisle Black lives do not matter as long as the hierarchy is maintained.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #34404 on: May 13, 2023, 12:41:30 PM »

True. However, self defense goes out the window when you strangle the guy making the threats to death long after the verbal assailant ceases to pose an immediate threat.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34405 on: May 13, 2023, 12:51:39 PM »

Red is making a very good argument for disarming all republicans today. We should disarm them before any more republicans make their way into malls, churches, schools and other places republicans are also inherently unwelcome.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #34406 on: May 13, 2023, 01:25:21 PM »

No it is not.  A verbal threat can be held to be criminal in certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean a lethal force response is justified or legal.  That is why manslaughter charges have been brought.  Larry's observation is pertinent to this matter. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34407 on: May 13, 2023, 01:46:57 PM »

No it is not.  A verbal threat can be held to be criminal in certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean a lethal force response is justified or legal.  That is why manslaughter charges have been brought.  Larry's observation is pertinent to this matter.
You are really confused.
In New York second degree manslaughter is a Class C Felony.
Under the Constitutions of New York and the U.S. a defendant may not be tried on such a charge  without indictment by a grand jury.
So Bragg acted first as a politician in placating his base.  But he cannot proceed to trial without an indictment by a Grand Jury.
That means witnesses,facts, even testimony from the alleged killer.
If you want speculate on the outcome of that in a city where millions ride the subway go right ahead.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #34408 on: May 13, 2023, 03:09:53 PM »

Charges have been filed through the usual process, hence the delay between the act and arraignment. As usual Red, you are not privy to the goings on in a grand jury room despite your exalted status as a right wing nut job and danger to society.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #34409 on: May 13, 2023, 04:03:53 PM »

Feds raid trump world properties deep in DeSantis Florida again.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2292 2293 [2294] 2295 2296 ... 2724