Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3334 3335 [3336] 3337 3338 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1662171 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Trump Administration
« Reply #50025 on: September 10, 2020, 10:06:24 PM »

Pelosi, through her presence in Chinatown in late February, was playing down a serious threat. 

I agree.  Pelosi was wrong and I thought so at the time with what I knew about COVID.  Anyone paying attention to the outbreak in China would have plenty of reason to worry with what was known at the time.  No special information was needed.

However.
That was not her only motivation.
While she was trying to tamp down public fear she was also slamming Trump for xenophobia.

And rightly so. She just needed a better method for doing it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #50026 on: September 10, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »

WTF do I waste my time with you? You cannot admit an error and you don't accept evidence.

If the forum had a way to downvote comments (like reddit) and after so many downvotes the post got removed this would be a better place.  Opinions need to have consequences or else there is no social pressure to conform to the mores of the culture.   This "say anything without consequences" attitude leads to more and more extreme and vile opinions. Kid and others feel emboldened to express more vile opinions from behind the safety of their keyboard without censure in a way they would never say in a public setting.
LOL!
The catch 22 in the “ anti-Trump” room debate.
Anyone challenging the argument of an anti-Trumper is subject to the removal of his post.
Sort of like a legal system run by ANTIFA.
Or the Queen of Hearts.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #50027 on: September 10, 2020, 10:27:08 PM »

WTF do I waste my time with you? You cannot admit an error and you don't accept evidence.

If the forum had a way to downvote comments (like reddit) and after so many downvotes the post got removed this would be a better place.  Opinions need to have consequences or else there is no social pressure to conform to the mores of the culture.   This "say anything without consequences" attitude leads to more and more extreme and vile opinions. Kid and others feel emboldened to express more vile opinions from behind the safety of their keyboard without censure in a way they would never say in a public setting.
LOL!
Anyone challenging the argument of an anti-Trumper is subject to the removal of his post.
Or the Queen of Hearts.

So Reddit is antifa?  C'mon you're losing it.

You can be pro Trump without getting downvoted.  I just suggested that this forum would be (and I have no idea if it's possible) better if posts could have downvotes as an option.  That way if you want to avoid seeing your post downvoted and possibly hidden after reaching a certain threshold of votes you would be a lot more fair and reasonable in what you post.  You wouldn't be able to get away with a 'Lol' or a 'Heh' as those posts would be downvoted and disappear.

I know you will just reply "Lol" so go ahead.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #50028 on: September 10, 2020, 10:36:01 PM »

LOL!
Or the Queen of Hearts.

You can be pro Trump without getting downvoted.  I just suggested that this forum would be (and I have no idea if it's possible) better if posts could have downvotes as an option.  That way if you want to avoid seeing your post downvoted and possibly hidden after reaching a certain threshold of votes you would be a lot more fair and reasonable in what you post.  You wouldn't be able to get away with a 'Lol' or a 'Heh' as those posts would be downvoted and disappear.

“ Off with their heads!”

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50029 on: September 10, 2020, 10:47:51 PM »

LOL!
Or the Queen of Hearts.

“ Off with their heads!”

Taking to heart Jared's recommendations for understanding his father-in-law, are you?!

Or have you changed your identity, again, and are now the Red Queen?!

Seems apt.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50030 on: September 10, 2020, 10:48:25 PM »

Pelosi, through her presence in Chinatown in late February, was playing down a serious threat. 

I agree.  Pelosi was wrong and I thought so at the time with what I knew about COVID.  Anyone paying attention to the outbreak in China would have plenty of reason to worry with what was known at the time.  No special information was needed.

However.
That was not her only motivation.
While she was trying to tamp down public fear she was also slamming Trump for xenophobia.

And rightly so. She just needed a better method for doing it.

Exactly, Ward!

Good point.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50031 on: September 10, 2020, 11:53:49 PM »

Such a farce!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/trump-woodward-tapes-michigan/index.html

Trump explains how he did not lie to the American people.

Sort of.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50032 on: September 11, 2020, 12:43:38 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50033 on: September 11, 2020, 12:48:28 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/10/new-york-times-reporter-removed-trump-michigan-rally/3465260001/

I am sure that Ward is perfectly okay with this censorship by Trump.

How dare she do her job at his rally, showing the huge percentage without masks!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50034 on: September 11, 2020, 12:59:41 AM »

Hey, it looks like the Trump administration lied again - and pressured a retraction from a reporter on the basis of that lie.

Raise your hands if this is something you are surprised by.

Stomp your feet petulantly if you think this is fake news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/dhs-spokeswoman-pushed-nbc-news-retract-accurate-story-about-terrorists-n1239702

How many terrorists have been caught at the southern border?! 4,000 "only six immigrants who were known or suspected terrorists had been encountered at the southern border in the first half of fiscal year 2018."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50035 on: September 11, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #50036 on: September 11, 2020, 04:22:22 AM »

As many have pointed out, Trump's basic appeal is FEAR and he's always drumming up stuff for Americans to panic about -- from migrant caravans to anarchists taking over cities, to riots coming to your suburbs or Biden going to crash the economy that Trump needs to rebuild from his own crash.

Trump wanted to prevent the stock market -- the investor class and financial players -- from panicking.  So he swapped a couple hundred thousand dead Americans and millions of illnesses in order to keep the stock market up and the rich rich.

The funny thing about all this is it's been well-known that Trump downplayed the virus.  Saying that there were 15 cases and it would be down to zero soon, or that it would go away on its own in April, etc.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50037 on: September 11, 2020, 05:02:16 AM »

They found something else that wasn’t nailed down.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/10/white-house-corporate-behavior-412007

Trump is the walrus. Pence is the carpenter.

Kiid is a clam past his expiration date.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #50038 on: September 11, 2020, 05:33:10 AM »

The Woodward book -- not even out yet -- has consumed a week of press attention, refocusing the political convo on the virus and forcing Trump on the defensive and boosting Biden.

Another great week for Trump!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #50039 on: September 11, 2020, 07:48:04 AM »

SF was three weeks away from going into lock-down.  She wasn't telling people to party out in the streets, she was telling people to not avoid Chinatown because there were idiots out there calling it the China Virus.  If you think "Pelosi was wrong" then you think every elected official in the US was wrong, because there wasn't a municipality in the country that had shut down at that point.  And you wouldn't be wrong, but the focus on Pelosi is just playing off of REDSTATEWARD's stupidity.

Shit, two weeks after Pelosi's Chinatown visit DeBlasio was telling New Yorkers to keep going to bars and taking the subways.  And that was fucking New York.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 3334 3335 [3336] 3337 3338 ... 4288