Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 930041 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19455 on: July 13, 2021, 02:27:13 AM »

Offer Frank 4 years at 3-4 million, the last two being team options with maximal performance incentives. Get it done in day one and you don’t sweat his cap hold cause he won’t have one anymore. Gives the team another year to mold him before deciding how far to ride with him or how to cash him in.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19456 on: July 13, 2021, 02:46:48 AM »

Or alternatively offer him as part of a trade or series of trades to get vet help and accelerate our push.

Obi + S&T Frank + draft capital and/or just drafted players for Brogdon & Warren

Mitch Pelle
Randle
Warren Knox
RJ Quickley
Brogdon Viladosa

Before adding rookies, free agents, or exploring other potential trades, if healthy this initial starting group is tough, heady, and could potentially hold 4 twenty point scorers.

It also cleans up Indy’s books.

Add back Rose, Burks, and Taj we’d also have a bench.

Mitch Pelle
Randle Taj
Warren Burks Knox
RJ Quickley
Brogdon Rose Viladosa

That gives us significantly more firepower than we had last year without really eating into the defensive potential of the group or shifting its window, all with 3 spots to spare. Bring back
Bullock as well if he’ll come back. He’d fit in just fine. Noel also, if he recognizes his limitations and signs cheap.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: PGs On Ice
« Reply #19457 on: July 13, 2021, 10:43:23 AM »

Meanwhile, French Frank has looked good, shooting and facilitating. 

I have a sinking feeling that we are going to cut him loose and we are going to get to see him blossom for a team that gives him an honest chance and regular minutes.

This site put together a list of teams where Frank can blossom
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19458 on: July 13, 2021, 10:53:24 AM »

Apparently Steve Novak was tapped to do the dunk contest during linsanity but he couldn’t participate because he can’t dunk.

Steve Novak wasn't sure what to do when he got the call. It was early 2012, near the height of Linsanity in New York City, and his agent got word that the NBA wanted him to participate in the dunk contest. Jeremy Lin was sleeping on teammate Landry Fields’s couch at the time, and, as Novak remembers it, the plan was for Fields to dunk over a futon-bound Lin. When Fields had to withdraw because of injury, JR Smith was tapped to take over. When Smith pulled out because of a bum ankle, the offer went to the next player on the list.

The NBA was eager to capitalize on the excitement surrounding Linsanity, and adding Novak, who had never dunked in five seasons as a professional, was just another wrinkle to the theatrics. For a role player with a few million in career earnings, the cash incentive ($20,000 just for participating) wasn’t insignificant, and the potential spotlight could have done wonders for the Knicks forward. He had been lobbying the league to let him join the three-point shootout, but they preferred Kevin Durant. At 6' 10", no player as tall as Novak has appeared in as many games without dunking. And he wasn’t about to risk becoming a meme at All-Star weekend.

Novak is quick to set the record straight: He can dunk. Or at least he could at one point. There’s proof somewhere on the internet if you know where to look: snippets of flashier jams from college and routine slams from practice and in pregame. He even remembers his first in-game dunk. He was in the eighth grade, towering over his fellow tweens at a whopping 6' 5". After seeing Novak throw it down in practice, a coach approached him with an incentive. If the big friendly giant could dunk in a game, he’d be rewarded with a $20 gift card to a local ice cream shop. “If I didn’t have motivation before,” Novak remembers, “I’m like, ‘This has got to happen.’ "

The dunk was a one-handed affair off a steal on the fast break. In his words, it was vicious. What he couldn’t have known then was that it’d be one of his last.

Novak recalls two real chances to log his first NBA dunk. The first came early in his career with the Clippers, when he “came up with a flat tire” and resorted to a finger roll. The other occurred when he played for the Knicks against the Bucks and was alone on the fast break. He steeled himself and decided this was his moment.

“I just took a little too much time getting down to the rim, and Larry Sanders, who was on the Bucks at the time, was trailing me like a bat out of hell,” Novak says. “And it kind of spooked me, so I rushed it, and, instead of getting my steps right, I just sort of finger-rolled that one, too.”

At first, coaches couldn’t unlock him. He was a towering forward who wasn’t much for banging in the paint and wasn’t likely to ever become a glass eater. It wasn’t until Rick Adelman was hired to lead the Rockets before Novak’s second season that things started to click. Later, when he played for Mike D’Antoni in New York, his skills as a shooter became a feature of the Knicks’ offense.

“He would say to me, ‘Hey, Steve, I know the guy you’re guarding might be able to score on you. I’m fine with that. I’m not O.K. if he scores more than you,’ ” Novak says. “And it’s like, Whoa. That makes so much sense to me. If I make three, and he makes two, we’re good out here.”

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/02/22/nba-non-dunkers-patty-mills-tj-mcconnell-steve-novak-daily-cover

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Colin Sexton
« Reply #19459 on: July 13, 2021, 11:12:55 AM »

Cavs need draft capital and the Knicks need a scoring guard.

chipstern

• View Profile
Really? PASS
« Reply #19460 on: July 13, 2021, 12:32:18 PM »

The 6'1" Collin Sexton?

Really? 

18.8 FGA per game. 

4.4 assists per 35 minutes. 

He won't pass, so I will. 

If we are going to cash in assets, pay big money, then 6'6" Lonzo Ball is more my speed.  Plays D, better court vision, boards, looks to get everyone involved. 

Like, I don't know. 

A FUCKING POINT GUARD. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19461 on: July 13, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »

Luca is a playa.  Nice pickup.  Summer  League will tell the tale.  So far, encouraging.

A total wild card

Nobody else bid - says plenty.

But certainly we will watch and see
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: PGs On Ice
« Reply #19462 on: July 13, 2021, 01:56:13 PM »

Meanwhile, French Frank has looked good, shooting and facilitating. 

I have a sinking feeling that we are going to cut him loose and we are going to get to see him blossom for a team that gives him an honest chance and regular minutes.

This site put together a list of teams where Frank can blossom

If "blossom" means being rostered.......

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19463 on: July 13, 2021, 02:01:20 PM »

“He would say to me, ‘Hey, Steve, I know the guy you’re guarding might be able to score on you. I’m fine with that. I’m not O.K. if he scores more than you,’ ” Novak says. “And it’s like, Whoa. That makes so much sense to me. If I make three, and he makes two, we’re good out here.”

Simple math

The genius of Mike.

And even in these lok down D Knick days of Thibs - we need to SCORE - period.  Bad (and not enough) offense loses games, simply stated.  Which is why we have (and will look to keep) D Rose.  Why we signed Julius - and yes, why we are interested in Sexton.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19464 on: July 13, 2021, 02:16:42 PM »

Not saying I agree.....

The deal

Cavaliers get: Nos. 19 and 21 overall picks in 2021 NBA Draft, 2023 first-round pick and Immanuel Quickley
Knicks get: Collin Sexton

Why Sexton is perfect for Knicks

New York head coach Tom Thibodeau loves high-effort, intense players with serious work ethics. For whatever perceived faults Sexton has, you can’t deny he works hard and has a high motor.

Although his defense has been inconsistent at times on the Cavs, Sexton is an absolutely tenacious on-ball defender when he wants to be. His outstanding lateral quickness and 6-foot-6 wingspan more than make up for his 6-foot-1 height.

Conclusion

There’s no question New York is an elite defensive team under Thibodeau’s watch, and Sexton would be a willing contributor in that area. Where he’d really help the Knicks is giving them a legitimate perimeter scoring threat they sorely lacked and got exposed for in the NBA playoffs, as they bowed out in five games to the Trae Young-led Atlanta Hawks.

https://sportsnaut.com/new-york-knicks-aggressive-collin-sexton-trade/

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19465 on: July 13, 2021, 02:25:01 PM »

http://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/report-collin-sexton-will-cost-knicks-obi-toppin-kevin-knox-and-2021-1st-rd-pick/

I would do this. It leaves us with decent picks in the draft and enough talent base and money to go after big fish or just sign a guy like Norm Powell or get into a bidding war for guys like Ball if that’s the way we want to go.

Mitch Pelle
Randle

RJ Quickley
Sexton Viladosa

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
VILDOZA
« Reply #19466 on: July 13, 2021, 03:01:20 PM »

Fac, I like you and what you post.

Would you please try to spell Vildoza right if only just once.

PLEASE

Repeat with me: V-I-L-D-O-Z-A.

See? You can do it 💪

Good boy!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19467 on: July 13, 2021, 03:11:10 PM »

I would offer:

Obi and Knox and 19th pick

for Sexton.

Cavs don't have too much leverage IMO

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19468 on: July 13, 2021, 03:17:16 PM »

Keep Obi.  Quickly minutes likely go down so if Cavs like him he seems the more likely guy to offer.

Garland/Quickley a pretty good combo, Immanuel getting the opportunity at the 2.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19469 on: July 13, 2021, 03:33:58 PM »

Tatum 4-12 vs Australia - got beat back door as many times as he made a FG.

Cant get Middleton back soon enough
Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 1849