Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264516 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4335 on: November 06, 2021, 06:26:40 PM »

13 minutes left - up ten

Purdue should have gone for it on 4th and goal from the 7.  (actually could have run the ball on third - knowing they were going on 4th)

They have just set themselves up to lose 35-34.  Nicely done.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: November 06, 2021, 07:11:57 PM »

Sheesh.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: November 06, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »

Jeff the Giantkiller.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: November 06, 2021, 07:19:23 PM »

We remain highly vulnerable to the air,
This, it turns out, was accurate.
but that is not the shot and beer team strength.
This, it turns out, was not.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: November 09, 2021, 11:45:35 AM »

EVENTUAL 2021 2022 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 34, Maryland 17

Sure, we gave up 500 yards in the ir and 40 points to a team with a middling passing attack that had scored 13 points in half its 8 games. Sure that would worry a lesser man, and might give cause when going up against a Maryland team with a decent quarterback, or at least decently familied quarterback. But I am not a lesser man, and MD is giving up about 150 a game on the ground. We run Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner III around, through and over them all day. Anyway, one silver lining in the Purducken loss is fewer people are assuming the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning and Military Academy, or as it is more commonly known LSSLMMA, is going to throw unlimited money at Tucker.

The 45, Purducken 13

Can PU crush the dreams of three top 5ish teams in one year? No. The has an elite offense with multiple big play options and an improving defense. It will come down to the PU offense and, last week notwithstanding, I just do not see enough offense there,

the Pennsylvania State University 27, Meatchicken 21

They are really, really really going to regret that Illinois loss. I think they are a good team, and with Clifford being back and healthy, I think they have enough offense to support their strong defense. I still think being stout against the run can thwart the Meatchicken offense, provided you have a decent pass defense which we apparently do not.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 33, Virginia 28

OLotPT is on the skirts of the playoffs, and there is enough chance of chaos for them to get in, so they better lose soon. Well, it would be grimly amusing to watch them go up against that Georgia defense, but I would rather take a pass on that. Anyway, they keep winning without being great, but there are a lot of teams you can say that about this year, and a couple of them are likely to be in the playoffs.

Georgia 31, Tennessee 14

I am calling it. Someone is getting a garbage time second touchdown against Georgia before the end of the year, and it might as well be the Vols.

Oklahoma 35, Baylor 17

Baylor has been a fast turn around, but I have gone from thinking the Rattler lead Sooners are going to lose twice and miss the playoffs to thinking the Williams lead Sooners will go unbeaten and make the playoffs.

ClemSIN 42, Yukon 3

If your offense cannot get right against UConn, your offense cannot get right period.

Oregon 35, Washington State 17

Wazzou will take their shot, but this is not the week the lucky Ducks suck enough to lose their second game.

Wisconsin 23, Northwestern 13

Wisconsin is winning the Big However Many West, just as everyone predicted at the start of the year. What a long strange trip it has been, though. But they are back where they belong, back truckin on with a good defense and a bad offense. That bad offense will not matter this week.

Auburn 31, Ole Mississippi State 24

I have said this before, but the Mississippi schools get a lot of love simply for being in God apostrophe s Conference. Picking Auburn is a crap shoot, since the odds are fairly strong that their quarterback will have a flatly awful game. But the Home Bo Nix is the Good Bo Nix. Generally.

Texas A and M 42, Old Mississippi 30

I have said this before, and I think fairly recently, the but Mississippi schools get a lot of love simply for being in God apostrophe s Conference. I think the TAMU defense can corral the Old Mississippi offense.

Minnesota 24, Iowa 17

I am not sure how you remain ranked after losing to Bowling Green and Illinois in the same year, but Minnesota is not only ranked, it is ranked above a two loss Iowa that beat PSU. Still, Iowa has no offense to speak of, so Minnesota just needs to hold on to the ball and tough it out.

Pittsburgh 49, North Carolina 42

Again, I am done with picking UNC to do anything.

University of Soutb]hern California 31, California 13

Boy the Trojans season is broken beyond measure, but then Cal lost to Tucson Prep so this one is within USC s reach.

Woke Forrest 42, North Carolina State 38

Losing to that other Carolina school probably takes Woke out of the playoffs anyway. They still have the South Atlantic League title to play for since losing to in conference UNC was actually losing OOC. I like the Woke offense, although they could be better at running back.

Colby 31, Bowdoin 17

The Fighting Chamberlains* came within a point of Mastering Bates last week, but the Mules are a different matter.

Alabama 45, New Mexico State 3

I thought this sort of game in God apostrophe s Conference was reserved for the penultimate week of the season. Anyway, here for the sake of completion, I might as well get to the other playoff possibilities.

Cincinnati 27, University of South Florida 13

Cinci needs to run up the score on some of these teams, because they are not going to be beating anyone of note, especially with the Ponies spitting the bit the last two weeks. And by the way I have been to Tampa and it is not SOUTH Florida. I am calling Bull on this.

* Searching on Google informs me the Bowdoin team name is actually the Polar Bears but I never believe anything I find in a Google search that does not coincide with my pre existing belief system.

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: November 09, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »

Let's send congrats to Rutgers for the B1G win. Many had picked Michigan to win it all, but there is pandemonium in Piscataway, today!

https://www.onthebanks.com/2021/11/7/22768757/rutgers-field-hockey-wins-big-ten-championship-michigan-tayla-parkes-meredith-civico-kerrie-burns
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: November 09, 2021, 03:50:53 PM »

Let's send congrats to Rutgers for the B1G win. Many had picked Michigan to win it all, but there is pandemonium in Piscataway, today!

https://www.onthebanks.com/2021/11/7/22768757/rutgers-field-hockey-wins-big-ten-championship-michigan-tayla-parkes-meredith-civico-kerrie-burns
Any loss in any sport by Meatchicken warms the cockles of my heart.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 10, 2021, 05:30:11 PM »

Well, Meatchicken ranks ahead of Meatchicken State:

The Michigan-Michigan State discussion really started last week, CFP selection committee chair Gary Barta told reporters Tuesday night.  I would just summarize that the committee went back and forth and, really, the consensus was that Michigan was probably a more complete team.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2021/11/why-the-college-football-playoff-committee-ranked-michigan-ahead-of-michigan-state.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: November 10, 2021, 06:34:15 PM »

If we win out it will not matter.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 10, 2021, 07:21:48 PM »

If we win out it will not matter.

I think that whole committee thing is a scam

But that's because there's so much money involved.

And the sport is so corrupt

But do try winning out.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: November 11, 2021, 08:31:48 AM »

Why are we not surprised?

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-football-star-adam-anderson-arrested-on-rape-charge-033151378.html

But. of course most CFB fans will only be concerned with how this may effect the betting odds.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: November 11, 2021, 09:19:40 PM »

Georgia 31, Tennessee 14

I am calling it. Someone is getting a garbage time second touchdown against Georgia before the end of the year, and it might as well be the Vols.

I would not be surprised to see the Vols score 14 points before halftime.

And yes, I know.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: November 14, 2021, 11:09:42 AM »

You were spot on in your evaluation Stevo. Nice job.

The Vols could have had 2 or even 3 more TDs if Hooker was a little more accurate. As I suspected the Georgia defense was a little raw in pass coverage. On the surface that would seem to be encouraging to other teams as apossible weakness they might exploit in future games. But I suspect all this game has done is make the Dawg defense a better unit. As there is nothing like like fire to season a young player.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: November 14, 2021, 12:16:28 PM »

You were spot on in your evaluation Stevo. Nice job.

The Vols could have had 2 or even 3 more TDs if Hooker was a little more accurate. As I suspected the Georgia defense was a little raw in pass coverage. On the surface that would seem to be encouraging to other teams as apossible weakness they might exploit in future games. But I suspect all this game has done is make the Dawg defense a better unit. As there is nothing like like fire to season a young player.
Well, Georgia has Charleston Southern and the Wreck left before the God apostrophe s Conference playoffs. They do not really need a fire.

I am pissed at your boys, though when they came out of the first quarter with 3 points and one embarrassingly bad fake field goal I figured they were fucked. But I had hope.

We need to get really healthy and much better in the secondary within the next week. We could barely stop Meatchicken and Maryland and did not stop Purducken at all. The has three eventual first round receivers - and I will bet at least one more on the bench - and I have no clue how we can cover them. Get in Strouds face, and pray I guess. And outscore them.

Hard to see a way out.of the Playoffs for Georgia, given their remaining schedule - they are in with one loss. Alabama, Oregon and the win out and they are in. (For the record, us too). But that last spot is interesting. Unbeaten Cinci? One loss Pure Prairie League champ? Two loss Alabama? The committee has never considered a two loss team the equal of a one loss team despite ample opportunity to do so (cf., The over PSU).

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: November 15, 2021, 12:35:06 PM »

EVENTUAL 2021 2022 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 34, Maryland 17

Sure, we gave up 500 yards in the ir and 40 points to a team with a middling passing attack that had scored 13 points in half its 8 games. Sure that would worry a lesser man, and might give cause when going up against a Maryland team with a decent quarterback, or at least decently familied quarterback. But I am not a lesser man, and MD is giving up about 150 a game on the ground. We run Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner III around, through and over them all day. Anyway, one silver lining in the Purducken loss is fewer people are assuming the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning and Military Academy, or as it is more commonly known LSSLMMA, is going to throw unlimited money at Tucker.

The 45, Purducken 13

Can PU crush the dreams of three top 5ish teams in one year? No. The has an elite offense with multiple big play options and an improving defense. It will come down to the PU offense and, last week notwithstanding, I just do not see enough offense there,

the Pennsylvania State University 27, Meatchicken 21

They are really, really really going to regret that Illinois loss. I think they are a good team, and with Clifford being back and healthy, I think they have enough offense to support their strong defense. I still think being stout against the run can thwart the Meatchicken offense, provided you have a decent pass defense which we apparently do not.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 33, Virginia 28

OLotPT is on the skirts of the playoffs, and there is enough chance of chaos for them to get in, so they better lose soon. Well, it would be grimly amusing to watch them go up against that Georgia defense, but I would rather take a pass on that. Anyway, they keep winning without being great, but there are a lot of teams you can say that about this year, and a couple of them are likely to be in the playoffs.

Georgia 31, Tennessee 14

Oklahoma 35, Baylor 17

Baylor has been a fast turn around, but I have gone from thinking the Rattler lead Sooners are going to lose twice and miss the playoffs to thinking the Williams lead Sooners will go unbeaten and make the playoffs.

ClemSIN 42, Yukon 3

If your offense cannot get right against UConn, your offense cannot get right period.

Oregon 35, Washington State 17

Wazzou will take their shot, but this is not the week the lucky Ducks suck enough to lose their second game.

Wisconsin 23, Northwestern 13

Wisconsin is winning the Big However Many West, just as everyone predicted at the start of the year. What a long strange trip it has been, though. But they are back where they belong, back truckin on with a good defense and a bad offense. That bad offense will not matter this week.

Auburn 31, Ole Mississippi State 24

I have said this before, but the Mississippi schools get a lot of love simply for being in God apostrophe s Conference. Picking Auburn is a crap shoot, since the odds are fairly strong that their quarterback will have a flatly awful game. But the Home Bo Nix is the Good Bo Nix. Generally.

Texas A and M 42, Old Mississippi 30

I have said this before, and I think fairly recently, the but Mississippi schools get a lot of love simply for being in God apostrophe s Conference. I think the TAMU defense can corral the Old Mississippi offense.

Minnesota 24, Iowa 17

I am not sure how you remain ranked after losing to Bowling Green and Illinois in the same year, but Minnesota is not only ranked, it is ranked above a two loss Iowa that beat PSU. Still, Iowa has no offense to speak of, so Minnesota just needs to hold on to the ball and tough it out.

Pittsburgh 49, North Carolina 42

Again, I am done with picking UNC to do anything.

University of Soutb]hern California 31, California 13

Boy the Trojans season is broken beyond measure, but then Cal lost to Tucson Prep so this one is within USC s reach.

Woke Forrest 42, North Carolina State 38

Losing to that other Carolina school probably takes Woke out of the playoffs anyway. They still have the South Atlantic League title to play for since losing to in conference UNC was actually losing OOC. I like the Woke offense, although they could be better at running back.

Colby 31, Bowdoin 17

The Fighting Chamberlains* came within a point of Mastering Bates last week, but the Mules are a different matter.

Alabama 45, New Mexico State 3

I thought this sort of game in God apostrophe s Conference was reserved for the penultimate week of the season. Anyway, here for the sake of completion, I might as well get to the other playoff possibilities.

Cincinnati 27, University of South Florida 13

Cinci needs to run up the score on some of these teams, because they are not going to be beating anyone of note, especially with the Ponies spitting the bit the last two weeks. And by the way I have been to Tampa and it is not SOUTH Florida. I am calling Bull on this.

* Searching on Google informs me the Bowdoin team name is actually the Polar Bears but I never believe anything I find in a Google search that does not coincide with my pre existing belief system.

Colby's win over the Polar Bears was a bit cheesey
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 329