Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 927134 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2160 on: November 21, 2018, 09:56:20 PM »

BIG BLUE dagger!

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 21, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »

burke is our point.

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 21, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »

Boston is one of the biggest disappointments (so far) in the NBA.

i thought hey would be leading the East not a 9-8 team and maybe just a .500 team if they lose to the Knicks.

Haywood?  clearly not recovered.  Horford?  way under his career numbers.  brown?  shooting % way down.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 21, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »

Do the Celts have a Duke-like run in them?

Apparently they do.

Don't you mean an NBA like run (good team vs bad team with a big lead, especially)

Sorry.  Duke/Gonzaga still fresh in my mind

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 21, 2018, 09:58:48 PM »

Yet, I remember beating the Cavs in Cleveland last season early on and getting hyped.

Not the same thing, but both teams in some disarray it seems.

Still, good performance. Won't count on it, but good for the team development.

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: f'in C's
« Reply #2165 on: November 21, 2018, 10:03:17 PM »

Bank, nothing personal, but I'd really like to win this game.

Tanking is overrated if we play the f'in C's!

All good Carlos, good win for you guys.

Happy Thanksgiving

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »

Celt fans expected the usual feast against the Knix. Learned  how to hit from beyond the arc.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 21, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »

We needed the positive vibes.

We still got to figure out how to close games, but building a huge lead prior to the 4th Q seems to be one way to do it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:46 PM »

Celt fan myth:  Knicks are not talented.

Celtic fan fact: When good NBA teams play like shit they can be beaten by anyone.

And the Celts have played like shit for the past 3 weeks and for most of tonight and got beat.

And to Nagel's point, Celts have been very disappointing so far. Gordo is maybe 90% but Jaylen Brown has been really disappointing, he seems distracted.

This is the 4th game over the past 3 weeks they got down by 20+ points only to battle back to 3 down.

Too little too late.

Too often.

Too many guys believed the pre-season hype. 

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:15:24 PM by bankshot1 »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: f'in C's
« Reply #2169 on: November 21, 2018, 10:36:06 PM »

Bank, nothing personal, but I'd really like to win this game.

Tanking is overrated if we play the f'in C's!

All good Carlos, good win for you guys.

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks Bank.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too

And Haspy Thanksgiving to everyone
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 21, 2018, 11:10:07 PM »

Celticcs announcer:

"No disrespect to the Knicks but the Celtics are playing the CELTICS tonight."

What does that mean?  How is that not disrespect?
I turned the game on about mid-way through the 2nd qtr and the Knicks were up by 15 and stretched it to 22, so I did not hear the above statement, but I think it meant the Celts have done a pretty good job of beating themselves over the past 2 weeks with mostly terrible offense and terrible (3 pt)  shooting.

Tonight it seems they've tried to overlay no D atop of terrible shooting.

Getting close to the time for a team shrink (Dr and lost minutes for some guys).

NO.

I strongly disagree. 

I remember thinking during the first half: "What the Knicks are doing and how they are playing AS A TEAM, more closely resembles CLASSIC CELTICS BALL than what the Celtics themselves are doing."

Oh, and the notion that the Celtics defeated themselves. 

Like all of those missed threes occurred in a vacuum? 

I BEG TO

Differ

The Knicks played with a focused defensive tenacity throughout. 

Fizz's current deployment of the starting lineup and the second unit...WORKED. 

Everyone made a contribution and felt involved. 

Mudiay [PG] Hardaway [SG], Hezonja [SF], Vonleh [PF], Kanter [C]

I like this unit coming off the bench. 

Burke [PG], Trier/Hardaway [SG] Ntilikina [SF], Knox [PF], Robinson/Vonleh [C]. 

And I mean...I like the idea of Mudiay starting and Trey coming in off the pine.  Gives us a lift. 

Take a bow, KEMBA BURKE

Would 

Not

Let

Us

LOSE

Okay.  That felt good.  Because the Celtics are a damn good team, going through changes, much as the Warriors are, much as Houston did.  Hey, the CELTICS MADE ONE HELL OF A LATE RUN.  And we bent but did not buckle, as we did against the Pelicans and Blazers, both of whom we played tough, but couldn't close out. 

Enjoy the holiday, Knicks, and let's see what we can bring against the Pelicans, who have a more dominating bell-cow/big in Davis, and a better set of three point shooters. 

PS: Anyone notice at game's end, who were the two Knicks with the biggest smiles and the most nachas for Trey Burke...Emmanual Mudiay and Frank Ntilikina, that's who.  Go FIZZ.  Go KNICKS. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:21:26 PM by chipstern »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 22, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

Chip

The Celts have beaten 1 good team in the past 2+ weeks, Toronto, and it took Kyrie playing one of the best games of his career to win that game in OT.

But the Celts haven't played well really all season, and their 3-point shooting has been brutal against everyone. And its become an issue.

This isn't a just tonight thing. Their offense isn't working.

But they had been playing good D, so they were getting by, barely, and until a few nights ago was the stingiest in the league in ppg.

But they've slacked off there too, the last few games.

there is nothing Celtic-like about the Celts right now.

Brad and Danny have lots to be thankful for, mostly they got a talented team and a lot of time to try and fix some problems.

And yes the Knicks played well and shot well and it was a good win.

So congrats.

and have a Happy Thnaksgiving

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 22, 2018, 04:26:44 AM »

Only saw the 1st half, when the Knix looked terrific and the Celts were sluggish and not cohesive.

Not sure we can count on Noah V to score 8 every 1Q, but it sure helps the games when he does.  And Mud has been a decent scorer, not afraid to shoot.  Knix looked like a team.
That full 48 of play v. POR helped, methinks.

Celts?
Now I'm trying to remember who I traded Hayward for last season . . .

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 22, 2018, 09:57:58 AM »

Hahahaha. Kam wants us to get Beal for basically Mudiay and Chip says "No thanks, we have Allonzo Trier". Self parody. Ridiculous.

(If you get Beal for that price, it actually helps you get Durant, although it would cost you first rounders to get rid of THJr plus Courtly. Still, worth it if it means you've got a core of KD/KP/Beal plus Knox/Ntilikina/2019 1st rounder and the ability to keep some combination of Dotson, Trier and Vonleh).

Tim Hardaway has shown actual improvement to the point that his $17mil contract is a non-factor or even a slight positive.

What a difference a year makes.

He has genuinely improved from a Bad defender (his first few years) to a still not good but trying level that coaches love.

His drawing charging fouls sacrificing the body and his increased effort to rebound and share the ball has him as a Top 100 player for a reason.

I think the premium paid to sign him from ATL as a RFA was worth it.

He has actual trade value, and value to us if we keep him. His contract is no longer a negative.

I've been as loud as anyone suggesting that the path to cap freedom is moving Timmy. He's made me a believer, and I think Kam has done a good job articulating why. He wasn't this player last year. I suppose what was apparent was his fire and competitive spirit. He put a lot of work in. He doesn't put his head down when he misses (he's still a streaky player, but he just shoots his way out of his bad runs a lot more quickly than he used to). He's shown some leadership skills. He puts his body on the line. He brings much needed intensity. Credit due to management for seeing this. My bad for not.

I'd be willing to attach assets to rid ourselves of Courtly, either second rounders and cash now or, if we need to in the summer, first rounders or Dotson or Trier or all of the above if that's what it takes to clear the space for KD. But Timmy looks like part of the solution if you answer yes to this question: Can he be this valuable as the third option (behind KP and another player) on a great team as opposed to just the first option on a bad team?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 22, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »

Chip

The Celts have beaten 1 good team in the past 2+ weeks, Toronto, and it took Kyrie playing one of the best games of his career to win that game in OT.

But the Celts haven't played well really all season, and their 3-point shooting has been brutal against everyone. And its become an issue.

This isn't a just tonight thing. Their offense isn't working.

But they had been playing good D, so they were getting by, barely, and until a few nights ago was the stingiest in the league in ppg.

But they've slacked off there too, the last few games.

there is nothing Celtic-like about the Celts right now.

Brad and Danny have lots to be thankful for, mostly they got a talented team and a lot of time to try and fix some problems.

And yes the Knicks played well and shot well and it was a good win.

So congrats.

and have a Happy Thnaksgiving

Better days a comin'

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1849