Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 921036 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Strumming On His Old Banjo
« Reply #21990 on: December 27, 2021, 05:43:01 PM »

Wake up Thibs, it's Miller time!

Okay, um, you're not Mike Miller, are you?

Because this is one of the strangest fetishes I've ever witnessed.

I'm not sure that the skeletal remains of Simon Bolivar would be less likely or less desirable than the resurrection of Mike Miller.

I'd be ok with Fac too, provided he has NO INPUT on trades or personnel decisions 😁

But Mike Miller was a very good coach for this team, and he proved it in the short time he was given an opportunity.

2016-2017: Jeff Hornacek [31-51]
2017-2018: Jeff Hornacek [29-53]
2018-2019: David Fizdale [17-65]
2019-2020: David Fizdale [4-18]
2019-2020: Mike Miller [17-27]
2020-2021: Tom Thibodeau [41-31]
2021-2022: Tom Thibodeau [15-18...]

Marc Berman with a High Five to Carlos from 2019. 

https://nypost.com/2019/12/16/the-mike-miller-trait-that-makes-him-right-guy-for-these-knicks/

« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:48:09 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Point Of Order
« Reply #21991 on: December 27, 2021, 05:46:20 PM »

Well, the year's not done. I can't explain why they're so much weaker on defense and am not ready to string up the coach.

But Thib's approach on offense with the starting unit has irritated me for two months. So little flow and so much confusion.

chipstern

• View Profile
Thibs & Fibs
« Reply #21992 on: December 27, 2021, 05:53:26 PM »

Just to be clear.

Thibs has plenty of issues, he may be called out on.  Kam made a good case on things which need to evolve offensively.  So did BoD, vis a vis lineup juggling to get more D around JR and Kemba. 

PLENTY

But blowing things up in midseason is just goofy. 

Who exactly are we going to attract as a coach, besides Saint Miller, if the mob can precipitate public floggings and Red Queen off with his head executions in mid-season.  Steve Kerr read his tea leaves and saw himself fired in under two years.  How many years has he been at GS now? 

Likewise, signing free agents and shitcanning them in under two months. 

And of course, that old standby, Kiid Endorsed, to set fire to our youth, and offload our puppies.  Funny, Kiid still beomans trading Jordan Hill after 24 games, but is ALL IN for dumping RJ on only the third year of his learning curve.   Me, I still regret dumping Trevor Ariza, speaking of 3&Ds. 

« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:59:01 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Point Of Order
« Reply #21993 on: December 27, 2021, 07:06:01 PM »

Well, the year's not done. I can't explain why they're so much weaker on defense and am not ready to string up the coach.

But Thib's approach on offense with the starting unit has irritated me for two months. So little flow and so much confusion.

So, dear Chisptern, you accept that Thibs offense is bad, and his defense is bad too.

But you wanna keep him, no matter what?

I already said that his replacement can wait until next season. Thibs usually starts well, and then things go downhill from there. It just seems the downhill trend is accelerating.

And I proposed two candidates to replace him: Miller and Fac.

How to IMPROVE in the middle of a season
2019-2020: David Fizdale [4-18]
2019-2020: Mike Miller [17-27]

Again, provided that Fac has no input on trades or personnel decisions.

Who do you propose, this clown?

MILLER TIME BABY! 😊
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 07:43:32 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21994 on: December 27, 2021, 07:50:05 PM »

Good one tonight - Clippers-Nets
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
PuhLeese
« Reply #21995 on: December 27, 2021, 10:50:53 PM »

So, dear Chisptern, you accept that Thibs offense is bad, and his defense is bad too. But you wanna keep him, no matter what?

DUH.  You a friend, so I am happy for you to revel in absurdist hallucinations mingled from time to time with trenchant almost analysis. 

HOWFUCKINGEVER, That IS NOT WHAT I SAID.

Numb Nutz

How about...

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO ADJUST, TO THIBS, EACH OTHER, COVID, INJURIES, PERSONNEL. 

They are auditioning for Thibs. 

And Thibs is auditioning for them [AND Carlos and Dawg and Kiid and Miras]. 

The advantage Thibs has over you, is seeing everyone every day in practice. 

Than we ALL see it on the floor. 

And a lot of it ain't pretty.

So motherfucker, I don't hold to a death penalty. 

Thibs is methodical.  Thibs is stubborn.  He is trying to make things work, but Randle and RJ are human, and they are not playing with Bullock & Payton.  And they have been tasked with making it all cohere with Fournier & Walker.  The players AIN'T ROBOTS.  A lot of confusion, cats don't know whether to shit or go blind. 

AND WE HAVEN'T Sucked For 48 A Night. 

It's an adjustment, and they've been up and down. 

THIBS TOO. 

You think Thibs deserves the death penalty because he's 15-18. 

Nate McMillian is 15-18.  Wanna fire him too, Trader Vic? 

MY BIGGEST ISSUES are ones we share....motion and ball movement, defense.  Did you watch GS + Phoenix.  They were both breathtaking on both sides of the ball.  GS deployment of cutters, shouldn't just be sent to Thibs, but to everyone.   

You are going to see some changes in the first and second unit.  Thibs has already signalled for Burks back to the bench.  Score one for the Garden Chanting KemBaWalKer, clapclapclap. 

I DID NOT LIKE HOW THIBS TREATED KEMBA, and I thought Burks as a PG was absurd. 

But Kemba responded like a man and a professional, then fate intervened, COVID-Rose = unlikely happenstance of KEMBA.  His triple double at the Garden sealed the deal.  And he may just have figured out how to click with Julius and vicea versa. 

Robinson-Randle-RJ-Grimes-Walker

Three defenders to protect two scorer facilitators. Three youngsters whose game is based on movement.  Kemba looks to be figuring out Julius.  RJ is next. 

Me and you would probably prefer Grimes in that first unit instead of Burks of Fournier. 

Noel/Sims-Toppin/Gibson-Burks/Fournier/Deuce-IQ

Pick AND Choose.  Lot of pieces to juggle.  Burks and Fournier are willing passers who like to go to the hoop, be a nice  match with Obi back cuts. 

Rose going out, vis a vis chemistry & Kemba, might be as significant, ironically, as Rose coming in last season.  

Opens up 25 minutes to divvy up between Walker-IQ-McBride. 

I think Thibs is impressed enough with Grimes to annoint him to shadow Kemba as his bodyguard.  Quentin is a better defender than Evan, and they are pretty close in shooting; Fournier from afar and on the bounce; Grimes from afar on the catch and shoot, more like Bullock than Fournier.  Grimes more...bounce, more of an attack mode than Evan. 

Feel free to keep clowning me and Thibs.  We need it. 

We're 33 games in. Chapter ONE.

Chapter TWO.

Let's see what the next 22-33 look like until Rose gets back. Now that Thibs is getting a drip of players back from PROTOCOLS.  DUH. 

Like Sam Cooke sang, CHANGE IS GOING TO COME
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 11:05:28 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21996 on: December 28, 2021, 06:02:42 AM »

As opposed to getting comfortable on the court, Kemba got pulled, got comfortable, and then got back on the court. His knees got some downtime after camp and the start of season. I have fewer problems with the way he is playing now than I do with how he was playing then. I am not sure what or how big his role ultimately should be on this team, should we ever be all healthy and complete again. He has adjusted and now proven he can help the team. He may need another monthish layoff due to the combination of degeneration and big minutes, say in March or April, or in Late February if Thibs gets ahead of it.

McBride still might log more minutes than Kemba going forward.

Fournier and RJ subbed by Burks and Grimes or Grimes and RJ subbed by Burks and Fournier? Or a different set of pairings among them?

If Kemba is starting I am for putting the talented athletic kids between him and Julius in our starting lineup. That is Mitch, RJ, and Grimes. Evan and Alec make sense as secondary ball handlers with experience who theoretically can shoot it partnered with IQ or Deuce at point.

Obi then Sims and Taj as reserve bigs. Of IQ and McBride, whichever locks down the backup PG role the other should be third SG and PG and still see time. Knox is the break glass SF.

I have no minutes for Noel and Seldon unless we are very shorthanded. Would like more Dot and some Long Luca before all is said and done.

Not sure I need Moony or Hall at all. Practice bodies are a good thing I guess.

Fun road trip coming up starting with a back-to-back Minny Detroit to end the calander year.

I love me some Thibs and loved me some Mike Miller. I hope he somehow makes it back on the staff. I think Thibs would enjoy him. I miss Woody. I hope he surpasses Bobby Knight in every measurable way at IU.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:06:19 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21997 on: December 28, 2021, 09:52:48 AM »

He will need to coach there til he is 95
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21998 on: December 28, 2021, 10:19:30 AM »

Beware of taxi drivers promising change is gonna come ...

I read somewhere that Sam Cooke wrote that song in response to Bob Dylan.  Someone told Cooke that a skinny white boy was capturing the national mood, and black folks needed an anthem to rally behind.  So Cooke wrote A Change is Gonna Come.  Not certain that's an authentic account, but makes for a good story ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Double The Meter
« Reply #21999 on: December 28, 2021, 01:48:54 PM »

Beware of taxi drivers promising change is gonna come ...

I read somewhere that Sam Cooke wrote that song in response to Bob Dylan.  Someone told Cooke that a skinny white boy was capturing the national mood, and black folks needed an anthem to rally behind.  So Cooke wrote A Change is Gonna Come.  Not certain that's an authentic account, but makes for a good story ...

The actual turn of events went something like this...

Sam Cooke adored "Blowin' In The Wind," and soon after hearing it, added it to his performance repertoire and subsequently recorded it. 

But he was taken aback, literally embarassed that it had been written by a white boy, and not a person of color.  Sam felt he had been derelict in his spiritual, social and creative duty

Later in 1963, Cooke was turned away from a hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana, and took a rap for disturbing the peace...this was still the era of legal apartheid in this country [sorry if this makes the Uncritical Erase Weary crowd uncomfortable, but Jim Crow was the Law of the Land from the end of Reconstruction 1876 and Plessy V. Ferguson [separate but equal declared the law of the land] in 1896, all the way through 1964-1965, so GO FUCK YOURSELVES, nosebleeds].

So inspired, Sam wrote "Change Is Gonna Come" which became the centerpiece of his final studio album, AIN'T THAT GOOD NEWS. 

"How many games will it take for Coach Thibs to accept The Cold Truth
 That Quentin Grimes might just be his main man
 The answer my friends
 Is hovering in analytics
 The answer is blowing proximate to Carlos' puffy ass." 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 02:58:17 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Beware of taxi drivers promising change is gonna come...
« Reply #22000 on: December 28, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »

Last shift I drove was on February 29, 2020. 

Finally sensed that customers had enough of Uber and were coming back to yellows.  Made money commensurate with a Friday-Saturday night, and had enjoyable interactions with many lovely people. 

Between driving to and from Queens, shape up, and working the full shift from end to end, a 19 hour day.  Got ill off of it, and couldn't shake it.  Not COVID, least ways, don't think it was, diagnosed as an upper respiratory infection. 

When 7-10 days later I still couldn't shake it, and I mentioned in passing to my daughter how when I felt better I would pull some shifts, she got very angry with me: "Daddy, I don't want you in that fucking cab," and dispatched my son in law from North Carolina to come pick me up and shelter with them and my granddaughter for three months.

When I last drove, yellow cabs were picking up on the order of 220,000 fares a day, down signifcantly from on the order of 600,000 or therearbouts ten years before. 

By the time James pulled up at my door on March 17 in his car, to complete a 19 hour round trip back to Mint Hill outside of Charlotte, fares had plummetted from like 220,000 a day to under 20,000 a week.

In May, my fleet put its medallions on ice, and shuttered its doors.

Today, out of 13,587 licensed medallions, maybe 3500-4000 or so are actually out on the streets. 

Between the motherfuckers in the Taxi & Limousine Commission, speed traps and red light cameras, traffic and gas prices, 2.50 + .80 + .50 State/MTA/TLC fees on top of the first drop of just for a passenger to sit down, cops handing out gotcha tickets like the Knicks giving up open threes, the coming of congestion pricing, the absence of a night life, and the likelihood of getting infected with COVID, not really a tenable option for an elderly fellow such as myself. 

I truly miss the people.  It was an honor and a privilege to interact with them, New Yorkers and tourists alike. 

But the dues for driving went from daunting to ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?  From mere peon to being peed on. 

Oh well.  Another aspect of NYC life bites the dust. 

Still have hoops.  Although if Taxi & Limousine Commissioner Carlos Cast-a-NAY-Y'all had his way, driver Tom Thibodeau would be heavily fined and have his license to cruise the streets suspended. 

« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 03:03:26 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Miller Time Never More
« Reply #22001 on: December 28, 2021, 03:33:22 PM »

COACH Mark Daigneault has entered health and safety protocols, per the Thunder.

Mike Wilks will serve as the acting head coach tonight in Sacramento.

OH MY GOD.  They passed over Mike Miller. 

Alert the media. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22002 on: December 28, 2021, 05:20:03 PM »

So Dev Book is the new Kobe; Spider Mitchell the new Wade and Ja Morant the new Derrick Rose.  Trae the new Scurry.  Giannis the new LeBJ.  Tatum the new Paul George. FVV the new Lowry.  Brogdan the new Andre Miller.  KZ the new KZ.  Julius Randle the old Julius Randle.

I need comparisons for Tyler Herro, John Collins, LaMelo, and Des Bane.  Ayton.  Bridges.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
The Last Euro-vacation ...
« Reply #22003 on: December 28, 2021, 05:44:10 PM »

Last shift I drove was on February 29, 2020. 
I probably mentioned it before, but somehow I slipped in a Euro-vacation from Feb 20 - March 3 2020.  Ducked out of China while the Wuhan explosion was in progress.  Hit Athens for a day and then was in Malta when the No. Italy (and Iran) outbreaks took hold.  By the time we were leaving Cyprus things were getting a bit serious, as it was clear humans were excellent disease vectors.  The Cypriots were a bit nervous about my China residence, but quickly decided the best thing was to let me leave.  China at that time was bemoaning travel bans imposed by other countries, so returning to the PRC wasn't a problem.

China did essentially a 2 month lockdown from Jan 20-March 20, with a gradual reopening over the next 3 months.  I've been playing basketball indoors since March 22 2020.  I haven't been vaccinated as I'm holding out for a chance at an mRNA vaccine.  I don't wear a mask except when required -- gov't buildings, subway, bank, random shops.  Since July 1 2020, it's been very normal here, with the virus not spreading, people not getting infected or sick from CV, no one dying of CV. 

A strict 2 month lockdown and the virus had no where to go and petered out.  Life normal for the past year and a half.  Imagine that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22004 on: December 28, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »

well...that really depends on one's definition of normal!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 ... 1848