Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264542 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4395 on: November 27, 2021, 11:29:13 PM »

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!!! The is going away

I think I am missing something.
Bosox only shows when tOSU loses.
Understandable why you rarely see him in the College  football chat.

Not what was missing.

It was the word between "The" and "is" that I thought i was missing.
Some Regulars* here use THE as an acronym for Ohio State.
It is a long story.
Not really an acronym, more a synechdoche. Josh, The Ohio State University insists of the The as part of their name. The shortens their name to one part of it, and picks at the pretentiousness.

* Me.

I was going to say, funniest looking acronym I had ever seen!

Thank you for for the The explanation.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: November 28, 2021, 09:48:20 AM »

By the way I had to DVR the Land Grant Bowl, so I just watched it. Love November games in a driving snowstorm.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: November 28, 2021, 06:08:27 PM »

Looks like Lincoln Riley meant it when he said he would not be coaching LSU next year.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: November 28, 2021, 07:00:21 PM »

Looks like Lincoln Riley meant it when he said he would not be coaching LSU next year.
This morning he said he was staying at Oklahoma not taking the LSU job.

A few hours later he says he is going to Disneyland!

BTW who was the first Super Bowl winner to use the famed  line I am going to Disney World?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: November 29, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »

Cheer, Cheer for Luke Fickell
Wake up the echoes calling his name!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: November 29, 2021, 10:45:15 PM »

Brian Kelly to LSU
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: November 30, 2021, 09:38:50 AM »

I remember the old days, when Oklahoma and Notre Dame were destination jobs, not stepping stones.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: November 30, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »

Well...

Kelly WAS there twelve seasons
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: November 30, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »

Very few things really surprise me about college sports or coach's moving, but this one got a "wow" out of me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: November 30, 2021, 09:58:05 AM »

Corruption and chicanery is what college football has always been about.

Nothing to see here.

Nothing should ever surprise you about college football.

If Joe Paterno could protect a pedophile for years and years, and people still love him, then nothing should surprise you about College football.

Nothing.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: November 30, 2021, 10:09:20 AM »

If he was not interested in LSU or USC. Why would he be interested in OLotPT?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: November 30, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »

If he was not interested in LSU or USC. Why would he be interested in OLotPT?
Been well documented that Fickell is only  interested in two jobs,
Ohio State(Alma Mater, Columbus born, 15 years there as asst.coach) and Notre Dame( Fickell has strong recruiting skills in the Midwest and he is a devout Catholic and Notre Dame is the most famous Catholic institution this side of the Vatican).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:18:09 PM by Espnthree »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: November 30, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »

Very few things really surprise me about college sports or coach's moving, but this one got a "wow" out of me.

Me too.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: November 30, 2021, 08:08:54 PM »

Me too.
Not surprising you are so out of touch.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: December 01, 2021, 06:06:46 PM »

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK!

C-USA

UT San Antonio 42, Western Kentucky 38

Well, WKU put up big numbers through the air against us, but who the hell has not? Put up a lot of points the first time the two teams played, but UTSA put up more.  I have no reason to think this will go any differently.

PAWCP

Utah 35, Oregon 28

The PAWCP is becoming more and more irrelevant to the playoffs. It has been 5 years now with no representative, and their highest ranked team has been 6, Oregon, in 2019. They need Lincoln Riley to take SC back to its glory years, or something like that. Even had Oregon finished with one loss, I doubt they would have remained in the playoffs against a one loss Meat or Oklahoma State, both of which have played much tougher schedules. I tend to think of Utah as a well coached sound team, and while I think the game will be closer than the 38 to 7 tail feather kicking the Ducks endured the last time, and that Utah is a better home team than elsewhere, I still think the end result is the same.

MACTION

Kent State 52, Northern Illinois 47

They have already played, and just two weeks ago. Why should anyone think the result would be any different? I will take Kent State, Crummy passing and all.

PURE PRAIRIE LESAGUE

Oklahoma State 27, Baylor 14

I think it would be fun to have some other OSU in the playoffs, and I think regardless of where the committee put them compared to Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie, the extra data point will get them the jump over OLotPT and into the playoffs with a Bama loss. Last week aside, I like what I have seen from the Poke defense. I actually like Baylors back up over their putative starter, but I think OSU has too much defense.

PAWCP LITE

San Diego State 34, Utah State 21

SDS has wins over two PAWCP schools, granted one was abysmal U of A, but the other is in the PAWCP championship game. And they are coached by Brady Hoke, who beat the just as often as Harbaugh has, and in fewer years. USU overachieved this year.

SUN BELT

Appalachian State 24, Louisiana 10

App State once beat Meatchicken, so I kind of like them, generally.

MEEK

Prairie View 27, Jackson State 14

Not sure I caught the pronunciation of that conference right. Anyway, a quick stat check indicates JSU cannot run the ball, and PVU has a good run defense. So, why not.

GOD APOSTROPHE S CONFERENCE

Georgia 24, Alabama 10

I would hate to be the team that has to face Bama in a quote unquote normal bowl if they miss the championship tournament. They tend to take it out on the team they play. Or at least, us. Anyway, no one has found the answer to the Georgia defense all year, and I doubt Bama is going to find it. A Tournament without Alabama, Clemson and The? Yes please. But, can Alabama still get in the playoffs if it loses? We have never had a two loss team before, but if Oklahoma State or Cincinnati loses, where would the Committee place Alabama in comparison to a one loss Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie? Strength of schedule is a heavy weight in Alabama
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 329