Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 2729

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503115 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2021, 10:28:18 AM »

Not sure you know many actual Americans, Luee. Doesn’t seem to me like you do.

As for mandates,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/21/2011030/-Jen-Psaki-explains-new-normal-in-D-C-Biden-is-president-He-s-a-Democrat

Republicans need to grow up.
Did he check with moderate dems and republicans before he closed down the pipeline and opened the doors to mass migration? Sounds more like Trump than Trump. Just catering to his most ardent fringe supporters with executive orders.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2021, 10:34:44 AM »

I like to keep up with how the dingos are progressing in keeping the baby population in check.   More updates and analysis on that would help.   

This article addresses the dingo program,  though very indirectly and using veiled language so as not to upset sensitive readers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-16/will-other-countries-replace-china-buying-australian-coal/12985956

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2021, 11:31:26 AM »

Did he check with moderate dems and republicans before he closed down the pipeline and opened the doors to mass migration?

Pipeline isn't built.   He didn't close anything.   Also,  there's an oil glut,  so tar sands crud is the last thing we need.   Even moderate conservatives question the need for Canadian oil.   And conservative farmers question toxic liquid bitumen flowing through their number one aquifer.   FFS,  get all the facts and stop politicizing everything. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2021, 12:30:37 PM »

I post about China/Shanghai some.

Speaking of, there were 6 confirmed cases of COVID in Shanghai on I think Wednesday.  So things have gone into safety mode here.  Masks required to enter all stores.  Temp checks at some buildings.  Where I play hoops was requiring temp check and leaving your name and phone # for contact tracing.  But they weren't enforcing it strictly and waved me through without putting down my contact info.  Mask usage in public looks back up to maybe 60% or more. 

You may have missed the isolation camp for 4,000 COVID-19 cases.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/covid-china-quarantine-camp-hebei-b1790210.html

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »

I like to keep up with how the dingos are progressing in keeping the baby population in check.   More updates and analysis on that would help.   

This article addresses the dingo program,  though very indirectly and using veiled language so as not to upset sensitive readers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-16/will-other-countries-replace-china-buying-australian-coal/12985956

Interesting to note that the US is the second biggest exporter of metallurgical coal.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:48:20 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »

Apparently, when on Mars, a man with a high-pitched voice then has a deep, sexy, voice...things are reversed.

Not worth all the cost of space ships to find that out, though.

Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2021, 02:44:57 PM »

Interesting to note that the US is the second biggest exporter of metallurgical coal.

It is.   I had a summer job at a foundry that made manhole covers and street gratings,  and occasionally assisted with loading metallurgical coal into the furnace.   I also used a forklift to carry freshly poured castings to a shaker table which removed the mold material.  I can therefore speak with some credibility when I say that the switch to gas-injection furnaces is progress.   Coal is not necessary for iron work.   

We all took salt tablets on am coffee break.   If you didn't hydrate,  you could easily lose five pounds in water weight on one shift.     

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »

I shared a bit of this information in the fall, but thought I would repost this version of it, since some here continue to be in denial:

https://www.princeton.edu/news/2020/09/30/largest-covid-19-contact-tracing-study-date-finds-children-key-spread-evidence?linkId=104921705

Largest COVID-19 contact tracing study to date finds children key to spread, evidence of superspreaders

A study of more than a half-million people in India who were exposed to the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 suggests that the virus’ continued spread is driven by only a small percentage of those who become infected.

Furthermore, children and young adults were found to be potentially much more important to transmitting the virus — especially within households — than previous studies have identified, according to a paper by researchers from the United States and India published Sept. 30 in the journal Science.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2021, 03:11:55 PM »

Someone has given some thought to walking and chewing gum at the same time,

http://www.emptywheel.net/2021/01/23/productive-ways-to-hold-trump-accountable/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2021, 03:24:57 PM »

It is.   I had a summer job at a foundry that made manhole covers and street gratings,  and occasionally assisted with loading metallurgical coal into the furnace.   I also used a forklift to carry freshly poured castings to a shaker table which removed the mold material.  I can therefore speak with some credibility when I say that the switch to gas-injection furnaces is progress.   Coal is not necessary for iron work.   

We all took salt tablets on am coffee break.   If you didn't hydrate,  you could easily lose five pounds in water weight on one shift.   

Australia also exports gas, 70% of the available gas for export going to China. 12 million tonnes to China in Jan to Oct 2020.
13.2 million tonnes to China in the corresponding 2019 period.

Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2021, 04:06:58 PM »

Did he check with moderate dems and republicans before he closed down the pipeline and opened the doors to mass migration?

Pipeline isn't built.   He didn't close anything.   Also,  there's an oil glut,  so tar sands crud is the last thing we need.   Even moderate conservatives question the need for Canadian oil.   And conservative farmers question toxic liquid bitumen flowing through their number one aquifer.   FFS,  get all the facts and stop politicizing everything.
America had a terrible week under Ole Joe

Tens of thousands of jobs lost in the oil industry
While promising to flood the recovering job market with illegal aliens
A disgusting decision to rejoin the Paris Accord( a reminder of the Obama strategy of leading from behind)
Executive action to destroy female sports
And a new goal for the COVID-19 vaccine that only matches what we are already doing.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2021, 04:17:13 PM »

That’s called following through on a huge mandate.

Here’s another vital project being teed up for a major nation saving change,

http://www.dcreport.org/2021/01/23/the-pentagon-could-use-a-course-in-basic-citizenship/

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »

America had a terrible week under Ole Joe

Tens of thousands of jobs lost in the oil industry
While promising to flood the recovering job market with illegal aliens
A disgusting decision to rejoin the Paris Accord( a reminder of the Obama strategy of leading from behind)
Executive action to destroy female sports
And a new goal for the COVID-19 vaccine that only matches what we are already doing.

Also, the America you love is being confined to central Florida via an inverse Trail of Tears to create an unnatural preserve called Crackerstan where you can continue to slink backwards on your belly toward the seventh century.

That actually makes it a great week, contrary to your feeble assertion.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2021, 04:25:18 PM »

Redward's post is essentially replying on one topic by jumping to five other topics.

The petro job losses are due to covid causing global market shrinkage.  They weren't just this week.   

(the other statements are just lies,  not worth reply)
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 2729