Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 2730

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503394 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2021, 04:36:34 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/22/959848852/usagm-chief-fires-trump-allies-over-radio-free-europe-and-other-networks

Former USAGM general counsel David Kligerman, who resigned in December after having been suspended by Pack months earlier, argues Chao was undoing unlawful actions by Pack.

"The Agency had no choice here. It was a necessary act to immediately [to] reverse the attempt to literally steal these essentially government corporations that the Congress funds to the tune of perhaps a quarter of a billion dollars a year," Kligerman tells NPR. "Think of the outcry if, on his way out the door, Trump attempted to lock the government out of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, or Amtrak — to take control away from the U.S. taxpayers and hand complete, unchecked control to a group of political loyalists."

Soon after taking office Pack launched an assault on the agency, seeking to fire top executives, replacing network chiefs and instigating investigations of reporters and editors for bias. He was rebuked by federal watchdogs and two judges, who ruled his actions illegal and, in one case, unconstitutional. Pack argued the rulings were mistaken.

Through his actions and words, Pack sought to cast aside longstanding policy and law protecting the networks' newsrooms from political interference from above. His actions outraged lawmakers from both major parties. Most recently, the top Democrat and Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee protested after VOA White House reporter Patsy Widakuswara was demoted and her editor reassigned over her questions to then Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about his recent statements of support for Trump.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2021, 04:47:13 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/23/2011398/-Trump-s-impeachment-is-about-more-than-you-think

There seems to be an awful lot that goes to motive in this. It’s clear enough to inform the American people. It will be interesting to see how the individuals who stand against American principles and government put forward their attempts to dispel his clear guilt and resist punishing him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2021, 04:49:31 PM »

Redward's post is essentially replying on one topic by jumping to five other topics.

The petro job losses are due to covid causing global market shrinkage.  They weren't just this week.   

(the other statements are just lies,  not worth reply)

The renewables and transmission/storage industries need those workers’ talents in their rapid expansion, offering in the long run higher paying, safer, more stable jobs that actually grow our economy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2021, 04:55:22 PM »

Redward's post is essentially replying on one topic by jumping to five other topics.

The petro job losses are due to covid causing global market shrinkage.  They weren't just this week.   

(the other statements are just lies,  not worth reply)
LOL!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2021, 05:02:26 PM »

Red loves it when you catch his lies. It’s like poking the Pillsbury Dough Boy in his belly. LOL every time. Red is a little shrunken and crispy dough boy from too much exposure to burning fossil fuels.

This is a hot topic in Palm Beach and South Florida generally this weekend.

http://www.vice.com/en/article/m7axwv/irans-supreme-leader-threatens-to-bomb-trump-while-hes-golfing

Just by continuing to draw breath, trump endangers those around him and he brings it entirely on himself.

Does the secret service now say, sorry chum no golf for you?

He could try Wii golf or work on his short game with a highball glass while he awaits trial.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:04:38 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2021, 05:30:32 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/23/2011398/-Trump-s-impeachment-is-about-more-than-you-think

There seems to be an awful lot that goes to motive in this. It’s clear enough to inform the American people. It will be interesting to see how the individuals who stand against American principles and government put forward their attempts to dispel his clear guilt and resist punishing him.

He's out of office, the Senate trial is now purely political.
A political trial for sure and certain.
Won't surprise me if Republican senators don't vote with the Democrats.
Who knows, Americans could be begging for Trump to return in 2024.
We'll see if Republican senators stick solid or 'desert'.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2021, 05:36:19 PM »

I know someone who is poor and disabled, so she has to live in a bad neighborhood, and she does not have any friends, her neighbors are all mentally ill people and drug addicts and gang members, etc, she does not have any friends and she does not want to be friends with the dirt-bags who live in her neighborhood, so she just sits in her little apartment by herself while life passes her by. She gets her disability check from the government, and she goes to her doctor's appointments and to the pharmacy, and she does her shopping, etc, but she does not have any friends and she does not want to be friends with her neighbors, she does not like her neighbors. And her neighbors get drunk and fight, and all kinds of bad things, her neighbors are scum bags.

It is sad when good Christian people have to be alone because their neighbors are all dirt-bags. And you should not have to be rich in order to have good neighbors.

I am poor, and in my neighborhood we have a lot of immigrants, and I am friends with the immigrants, many of my neighbors are Latin and they do not speak English, but they are good people. They came here for the American Dream. I do have some neighbors who are White meth heads who I do not like, they are poor because they are drug addicts, and those kind of people are not my friends. I like the people who are poor because they just got here from a poor nation, and they are here for a better life, but I do not like the people who were born in the USA and who threw their lives away on meth, they chose drugs and I do not like those kind of people, I want for the drug addicts to stay away from me. Some people are poor because of their life choices, and they chose illegal drugs and crime, and I do not like those kind of people. I love the people who are honest and who work hard and who came to the USA for a better life, but I hate the people who were born in America and who chose drugs and crime.

It is sad when we cannot be friends with our neighbors because of poor morals and bad behavior on their part. And we should not have to be rich in order to have good neighbors. It is also sad that we need to own guns and it is sad that we need to keep loaded guns in our homes to feel safe, our neighbors are such bad people that we need to own guns and dogs. But, there is evil in the world, so that is just the way it is.

I felt safe in Malibu when I lived with the rich people, but you had to go through 2 security gates to get to our home, and we still had guns and dogs.

And I wish the low life drug dealers would get real jobs instead of selling poison to our people. The people who are selling poison to our people are not our friends. And like I said before, they are probably putting rat poison in the cocaine, all of the coke heads from the 1980s died of nose cancer.

Anyhow, it is sad that the people who are poor because of disabilities have to live with the people who are poor because of bad life choices. There needs to be nicer places for the good people who are poor through no fault of their own. The disabled people should not have to live with the drug addicts and criminals. Good people who do not have criminal records should not have to live with the criminals just because they are poor. There needs to be safe places for the good, honest, law-abiding people who are poor through no fault of their own to live without having scum bags for neighbors. The good people should not have to live with the criminals just because they are poor.

It is important for people to have friends, and a sense of community, and we are supposed to love our neighbors, and we know what we learned about the Roseto Effect, people need people.

It is sad when our neighborhoods have become so bad that we have to be alone, and when we have to eat by ourselves. I want to live in a world where I can love my neighbors, and that is what I have tried to do. And I have always thrown parties and stuff and tried to bring people together.

Here is a video that I shot of a band at a party here at my apartment complex, we had free mahi mahi tacos for everyone and free music, it was great, that is how life is supposed to be...

http://youtu.be/x4K7dnixw5I

But, now we have meth heads here, and dirt bags here, and I cannot have a party because someone might pull a knife out and stab me. The owner of my apartment complex died of cancer, and now a corporation owns the complex, and it is just a heartless corporation that only cares about money.

And myself, I am poor because my Father died when I was a child, and before him my Grandfather died young, and I was raised by a poor single mother with 3 children to raise. I have always been honest, I was never a drug addict, I worked hard, and I tried, and I studied hard, and I trained to be an actor and a writer and a filmmaker, and I always worked hard. And I am poor because I do not have a community to support me, I do not have a net-work, I do not have the Italian-American community for support, nor any other group. My family has been in the USA for so long that I do not know where my ancestors came from. I do not have Italy or France for support. I only have the USA, and the USA is full of people who do not care about me, I was homeless for 2 years out there on the streets and no one cared. Our streets are full of homeless people, so I was not alone, many people are homeless here in the USA. They divided Americans all up into support groups, but some of us do not have any group to belong to. So, I just ended up poor out there with the drug addicts and with the criminals.

Of note, when I was out there on the streets I did not see any Christian groups out there helping people, and when I was homeless the Salvation Army would not help me and they would not feed me when I was hungry. Many charities only care about money, and they are not really out there helping the homeless. And guys like Joel Osteen only care about money, you do not see Joel out there helping the homeless.

I loved the Italians when I was in Italy, and I was going to stay there if I could have gotten a job. I felt safe in Rome, and I walked the streets day and night without fear. When I am wealthy I plan to invest in Italy, and I will have a couple of homes in Italy, etc, and a vineyard and winery, and a night club, and a movie production office, etc.

So to sum up this post, I would just like to say that we need to be able to love our neighbors, and the good people should not have to live in the same apartment complexes with the dirt-bags just because they are poor. We also need to do a better job as a society of raising better children so that they grow up to be better adults. Trump talked about how bad the Mexicans were, but the Mexicans are great, the bad ones are the British and the ones selling illegal drugs to our people, the White people who are selling meth are the dirt bags who we need to stop. And the heroin coming from Afghanistan, we need to stop that stuff from coming in. It is sad when people are lonely because their neighbors are all scum bags, that it not the way it should be.

Just a few thoughts.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:44:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2021, 07:26:29 PM »

I know someone who is poor and disabled, so she has to live in a bad neighborhood, and she does not have any friends, her neighbors are all mentally ill people and drug addicts and gang members, etc, she does not have any friends and she does not want to be friends with the dirt-bags who live in her neighborhood, so she just sits in her little apartment by herself while life passes her by.

#####

Now that is sad.

I am poor, and in my neighborhood we have a lot of immigrants, and I am friends with the immigrants, many of my neighbors are Latin and they do not speak English, but they are good people.

#####

There are good immigrants.
There are also some illegal immigrants who are not good, and in fact are very bad.

Any rich widows or divorcees you could be a companion for, sign a prenup before moving in, only wanting "room and board", use of a car, and some new clothes in return for "love and understanding"?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:55:15 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2021, 07:48:39 PM »

Bambu,

After I get my movie made, and after I get my poetry book published, then the women will be more attracted to me, women love money and women love men with power, if I succeed then I will be able to get a young hot wife, a model or an actress, and we can live at my vineyard in Italy, etc, and I can have a movie production office in Rome with a condominium in Rome, and with a night club in Rome, etc. If I succeed then I can get a good wife.

And yes, I lived with the ex-wife of a doctor in Malibu, her ex-husband is a doctor for celebrities, and I had a roommate who is the daughter of a general in China, and I realized that I can just marry the ex-wife of a rich person and I could live the good life, or I could marry the daughter of a general in China, I just need to protect them and make them feel safe. But, I am not that kind of person. I am a good Christian. I could never have sex with a woman for money. And if I am your friend then I am genuine, I do not choose friends because of money, and I do not choose women because of money. 

Here is the house where I lived in Malibu... It is a nice house, and I loved living there.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6315-Gayton-Pl_Malibu_CA_90265_M15737-07387

I will have to succeed by my own hard work, I cannot use a woman for money. And after I succeed, I will get a young hot wife and have children, like Clint Eastwood has done in his life. Women still love Clint, women love money and power. And Sam Elliott, the women still love Sam Elliott. Women love successful men. I need to work hard and succeed, then I can provide for a wife and children.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:50:39 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2021, 08:07:57 PM »

Bambu,

After I get my movie made, and after I get my poetry book published, then the women will be more attracted to me, women love money and women love men with power, if I succeed then I will be able to get a young hot wife, a model or an actress...

Your shallowness is very striking.

You may, in the increasingly unlikely event of your becoming wealthy, be able to get the attentions of a young hot wife, but I doubt it will be much of a relationship - and you had best hope you don't get one smarter than you are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »

Bambu,

After I get my movie made, and after I get my poetry book published, then the women will be more attracted to me, women love money and women love men with power, if I succeed then I will be able to get a young hot wife, a model or an actress, and we can live at my vineyard in Italy, etc, and I can have a movie production office in Rome with a condominium in Rome, and with a night club in Rome, etc. If I succeed then I can get a good wife.

And yes, I lived with the ex-wife of a doctor in Malibu, her ex-husband is a doctor for celebrities, and I had a roommate who is the daughter of a general in China, and I realized that I can just marry the ex-wife of a rich person and I could live the good life, or I could marry the daughter of a general in China, I just need to protect them and make them feel safe. But, I am not that kind of person. I am a good Christian. I could never have sex with a woman for money. And if I am your friend then I am genuine, I do not choose friends because of money, and I do not choose women because of money. 

Here is the house where I lived in Malibu... It is a nice house, and I loved living there.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6315-Gayton-Pl_Malibu_CA_90265_M15737-07387

I will have to succeed by my own hard work, I cannot use a woman for money. And after I succeed, I will get a young hot wife and have children, like Clint Eastwood has done in his life. Women still love Clint, women love money and power. And Sam Elliott, the women still love Sam Elliott. Women love successful men. I need to work hard and succeed, then I can provide for a wife and children.

Salute,

Tony V.

These days it's OK for women to provide the home, money, cars, security. You could be a stay at home dad, drive the kids to and from school, do housework, and write poetry, scripts etc.
Lots of ladies online looking for love, so I gather. Ladies of all ages and styles.
"There are no good men left" they are saying.
Be the "good man".
Go woke, go broke.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2021, 11:14:53 PM »

Bambu,

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony

Best of luck with your movie and book. I've no doubt an accomplished man of your abilites in southern Cal can attract the young hot woman of your dreams. Or several.

But a few observations,

1-if you would never marrry a woman for her money, why would you want a hot young woman who would only marry you for your finacial success?

2-Get a good attorney and have him-her draw up a pre-nupital agreement.

3-how did things work out with Princess Caroline's daughter, as I recall you were quite taken with her?

good luck with your goals and dreams.

PS-is the Chinese general's daughter hot?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 11:17:00 PM by bankshot1 »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »

Did he check with moderate dems and republicans before he closed down the pipeline and opened the doors to mass migration?

Pipeline isn't built.   He didn't close anything.   Also,  there's an oil glut,  so tar sands crud is the last thing we need.   Even moderate conservatives question the need for Canadian oil.   And conservative farmers question toxic liquid bitumen flowing through their number one aquifer.   FFS,  get all the facts and stop politicizing everything.
America had a terrible week under Ole Joe

Tens of thousands of jobs lost in the oil industry
While promising to flood the recovering job market with illegal aliens
A disgusting decision to rejoin the Paris Accord( a reminder of the Obama strategy of leading from behind)
Executive action to destroy female sports
And a new goal for the COVID-19 vaccine that only matches what we are already doing.

Also, the America you love is being confined to central Florida via an inverse Trail of Tears to create an unnatural preserve called Crackerstan where you can continue to slink backwards on your belly toward the seventh century.

That actually makes it a great week, contrary to your feeble assertion.

Actually the pipeline represents modernity along with keeping out hordes of backward alien lawbreakers. If there is a national mandate run it through congress instead of issuing executive orders.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2021, 12:49:59 AM »

Angel mom slams Biden immigration order as 'spitting on the faces of every legal immigrant'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/angel-mom-slams-biden-immigration-order-as-spitting-on-the-faces-of-every-legal-immigrant
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2021, 01:11:40 AM »

I post about China/Shanghai some.

Speaking of, there were 6 confirmed cases of COVID in Shanghai on I think Wednesday.  So things have gone into safety mode here.  Masks required to enter all stores.  Temp checks at some buildings.  Where I play hoops was requiring temp check and leaving your name and phone # for contact tracing.  But they weren't enforcing it strictly and waved me through without putting down my contact info.  Mask usage in public looks back up to maybe 60% or more. 
You may have missed the isolation camp for 4,000 COVID-19 cases.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/covid-china-quarantine-camp-hebei-b1790210.html

Yeah, that's for the outbreak in central China.  A dozen cases, grew into 100 per day, so they have set up serious quarantines on a few towns/cities.
They've also constructed a purpose-built Covid hospital form scratch in a week.

There are also cases trickling in from the far northeast up by Russia and North Korea. 

It seems at this point pretty clear that CV is seasonal.
I've thought all along you had to assume the worst until things were ascertained.  That is, in the first month in Dec 2019/Jan 2020, assume it is transmissible between people.  Then assume that aerosol mist from respiration is contagious and not just larger droplets.  And then that the lower Summer numbers were mainly a result of seasonality, and Winter would see a serious uptick.    Not that all of them had to be true, but you want to be prepared if they are the case.

So this Winter is a crucial time for China.  Don't want all of last Winter's hard work flushed away.  And things to turn into a US-style raging epidemic. 

China has 2 vaccines approved.  But the one was only 50% effective in a large Brazil Phase 3 trial.  Which is the minimum threshold for approval under WHO guidelines.  The other is said to be 76% effective but had widely varying results in trials in Turkey and Indonesia. 
Interim data from late-stage trials in Turkey and Indonesia showed that the vaccine was 91.25% and 65.3% effective respectively.

So nobody is too excited about the Chinese vaccines.  A lot of doubt about Chinese Pharma and it's gov't ties.

Dean says vaccines typically work best at preventing severe disease. That's what the Brazil trial found: 78% of the time, the Sinovac vaccine protected people against moderate or severe disease — and even mild disease that needed some medical assistance. But when the researchers included what they called "very mild" symptoms that needed no medical attention, the vaccine's effectiveness dropped to 50%.

China does have the industrial capacity to crank out huge amounts of vaccine fairly quickly, but the population here is also 1.4B, 4x the US.  There are a couple more Chinese vaccines in the pipeline, just as there are in the US.  i'm a little fuzzy on the numbers, but I think China was working on something like 9 different vaccines and the US had 5 or 6. 

So far the high-tech messenger RNA approach used by Pfizer and Moderna have been the most impressive in terms of speed and reported effectiveness.  China's two vaccines are based on the traditional inactivated virus and seem to stimulate less of an immune system reaction than the mRNA vaccines.

The Chinese vaccines and the UK AstraZeneca both only need normal refrigeration and not the deep freeze the mRNA vaccines require.  This will be important for developing countries.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 2730