Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 2726

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 501990 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19665 on: November 03, 2021, 07:22:33 PM »

"High gas prices are due to COVID"

- Joe
Is that a direct quote?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19666 on: November 03, 2021, 07:23:04 PM »

Yes.  Basically

Find the transcript.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19668 on: November 03, 2021, 07:25:49 PM »

Best vehicle to buy is one you could live in fulltime in future if misfortune enters you life.
...or at least sleep in comfortably.
People with jobs are sleeping in their vehicles...not enough income to buy food and pay rent.

That is why it is important for someone in the family to rise to the top to help future generations. I can rise, then my children can always have food and shelter at my vineyard and winery, they will always have a room at the winery, and they will always have an income from selling wine. If I rise, and invest wisely, then my future generations will always have food and shelter.

Here is a vineyard and winery for sale in Tuscany, making Chianti wine, with the option of buying more land to make more wine. I want to own a vineyard and winery in Tuscany, and this is the type of thing I would be interested in doing.

https://youtu.be/rFrfAV_F2es

It would take a lot of workers to run and maintain such a venture, but I can get workers from the Philippines. The Filipinos love Italy. I could hire Filipinos to help me.

And then future generations will always have a place to live and an income.

And on the issue of the people sleeping in their cars, the USA needs to have hostels like in Rome, Italy, where people can take a nice hot shower and where they can sleep in a nice comfortable bed for $15 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19669 on: November 03, 2021, 07:29:38 PM »

Well, look, first of all, the significant reason why prices are up is because of COVID affecting the supply chain.   

Number two, if you take a look at, you know, gas prices and you take a look at oil prices, that is a consequence of, thus far, the refusal of Russia or the OPEC nations to pump more oil.  And...

Not exactly what kid said he said, and  as you read further Biden explains how the economy is also moving in the right direction, and we are much better off than LAST Thanksgiving, which is true.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/11/02/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-conference-5/

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 07:35:44 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19670 on: November 03, 2021, 07:32:14 PM »

Yes.  Basically

Find the transcript.
A quote is either a quote or it is not a quote. I cannot find it.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19671 on: November 03, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »

Murphy wins NJ Governor:
https://www.nj.com/politics/2021/11/murphy-wins-bruising-nj-governors-race-narrowly-beating-ciattarelli-for-2nd-term.html

Its just amazing how those in charge continue to count all the Republican votes first, finding out how many Dem votes they need to come up with to overtake..

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19672 on: November 03, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »

Not exactly what kid said he said, and  as you read further Biden explains how the economy is also moving in the right direction, and we are much better off than LAST Thanksgiving, which is true.

How could we not be?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19673 on: November 03, 2021, 07:37:38 PM »

Here's a good explanation as to why blaming Biden for rising gas prices is pretty much purely political, as we have come to expect from the right: https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story/news/2021/10/30/gary-cosby-jr-gas-prices-up-but-president-biden-blame/6154623001/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19674 on: November 03, 2021, 07:39:40 PM »

How could we not be?

Well, kid, the fact that the economy is moving upward is also a reason why there is inflation. Pent up demand and supply chain issues do create inflation. That's pretty basic stuff.

But I agree. How could we not be better off this Thanksgiving having no Trump in the White House?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19675 on: November 03, 2021, 07:42:35 PM »

Murphy wins NJ Governor:
https://www.nj.com/politics/2021/11/murphy-wins-bruising-nj-governors-race-narrowly-beating-ciattarelli-for-2nd-term.html

Its just amazing how those in charge continue to count all the Republican votes first, finding out how many Dem votes they need to come up with to overtake..

heh

Stop The Steal!

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19676 on: November 03, 2021, 07:42:46 PM »

Murphy wins NJ Governor:

heh

In NJ, they count by county. Some counties are more diverse than others. Essex and Hudson and Union are not the same as Morris or Burlington or Ocean.

It's not a plot, it's where New Jerseyans have chose to segregate themselves.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19677 on: November 03, 2021, 07:43:56 PM »

Last summer I was getting two weeks per gallon... seriously!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19678 on: November 03, 2021, 07:45:44 PM »

Last summer I was getting two weeks per gallon... seriously!

Totally believable! I think I only changed the oil twice in the last 2 years.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19679 on: November 03, 2021, 08:07:08 PM »

Yes.  Basically

In other words, "No."

YOU find the fucking transcript if you are claiming he "basically" said it.

And do you disagree?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 2726