Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121951 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #975 on: August 25, 2022, 01:55:03 PM »

We can make education fun for the children. Right now they have computers, and video games, and they are learning how to do coding, etc, and there is more that the children can do.

The children can learn how to make paper airplanes and they can fly their planes and they can learn the science behind flight. The children can also launch model rockets. For field trips on flight they can go to JPL in Pasadena, and they can go to NASA out at Edwards, etc. The Antelope Valley needs to build a giant space and flight museum. And for me, I went to Florida with the Shuttle program as a kid and I watched them launch rockets at the Cape, we lived in a condominium on the beach and we could watch rockets launch from the beach. That kind of stuff is great for kids.

On the issue of math, Algebra is not fun and especially if you do not have a good teacher. I would start the youth off learning Euclidean Geometry, I had a Professor in community college who was a Magician at the Magic Castle in Hollywood and he taught Euclidean Geometry, it is the fun version of math, on the first day of class we learned then 2+2 does not necessarily equal 4 and 0 only exists because we say it does. He taught us fun stuff, like if we wanted to put a band of steel around the moon we learned how to figure out how much steel we would need. And Euclidean Geometry is like solving problems and then you do QED like a Lawyer wrapping up his case before a jury. My Professor said that all Lawyers should study Euclidean Geometry. So as we present math to the youth, I recommend Euclidean Geometry, and we need to keep it fun. Making a kid do Algebra with a boring teacher is a horrible thing to do to a kid, instead we can introduce the youth to Euclidean Geometry with fun teachers. Professor Thompson was my teacher for Euclidean Geometry and that kind of stuff would be great for the young people.

We can also teach the children how to approach problems from a scientific approach, and other useful stuff.

Those are a few ideas as we work to raise healthier and smarter children.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 25, 2022, 02:13:32 PM »

BTW, is a taser a lethal weapon?  The police keep telling me it's not.

A 2012 study published in the American Heart Association journal Circulation found that Tasers can cause ventricular arrhythmias, sudden cardiac arrest and even death. In 2014, NAACP State Conference President Scot X. Esdaile and the Connecticut NAACP argued that Tasers cause lethal results.[13] Reuters reported that more than 1,000 people shocked with a Taser by police died through the end of 2018 with 153 of those deaths being attributed to or related to the use of Tasers.[14] At least 500 people died in 2018 in the US after being shocked by police with a Taser.[3][4] Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Paul Howard Jr. said in 2020 that under Georgia law, a taser is considered as a deadly weapon.
An empty, uncnarged taser.
Not necessary to the policeman giving chase, even if he could have known for sure.
His partner had already been knocked down by a taser charge and could have been fatally injured.
Might want to study up on the law in Fulton County.  And the evidence. In this case.
Pretty sure cops can count to two.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 25, 2022, 03:41:07 PM »

There are some very good people who I really respect who are sadly against a free education for all Americans. They say that the people who are out there doing hard manual labor should not have to pay taxes to send the wealthy spoiled brats to college to study Philosophy and Gender Identity.

I started by stating that we are training Doctors, Nurses, Scientists, Public School Teachers, etc, and that we all benefit from having a better educated society. And I told him that where I live we have a huge shortage of Doctors, and that we need to train more Doctors.

We cannot be so selfish that we should be jealous of people who receive an education, and we need to make an education available to all who want one and who are capable of attaining one. We cannot say "If I have to dig ditches all day for minimum wage then everyone else needs to as well and I should not have to pay for some rich kid to study Philosophy." We need to value an education, and we need to see that educating our society helps us to become a better society.

We have truck drivers who feel like they are working hard to pay taxes to send some spoiled rich kid to college, and we need to stop that type of thinking, and we need for the truck drivers to know that their children can get an education here too.

We need to value an education, and we need to desire a better educated society, and I support any effort by Biden to better educate our society.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 25, 2022, 04:33:39 PM »

I know how we can provide a free education and job training for our workers here in the USA. Right now the workers do not want to pay for an education for people, they feel like the people can get out and work like they do, driving a truck, or whatever, and they do not feel like a truck driver should have to pay for a rich kid to get an education. So, what we need for people to realize is that many of our jobs have left for China, and we have a shortage of jobs, and so we need to train our workforce for the jobs of the future so that we can have jobs for our people. In order to pay to train our people for the jobs of the future we can put a tax on imports from China and we can use the money to educate and train our workers for the jobs of the future. Then, if we use the tariffs on imports to pay to educate and train our workforce the workers will accept the aid because the aid is coming from tariffs on imports and not from the taxes from the hard working people of America.

The money for education and job training can come from tariffs on imports and not from taxes on the hard working people of America. Then, the people will support the aid, but people are not going to accept the aid in education and job training if they feel like the poor working tax payers are paying for it.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:35:36 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 25, 2022, 04:36:10 PM »

BTW, is a taser a lethal weapon?  The police keep telling me it's not.

A 2012 study published in the American Heart Association journal Circulation found that Tasers can cause ventricular arrhythmias, sudden cardiac arrest and even death. In 2014, NAACP State Conference President Scot X. Esdaile and the Connecticut NAACP argued that Tasers cause lethal results.[13] Reuters reported that more than 1,000 people shocked with a Taser by police died through the end of 2018 with 153 of those deaths being attributed to or related to the use of Tasers.[14] At least 500 people died in 2018 in the US after being shocked by police with a Taser.[3][4] Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Paul Howard Jr. said in 2020 that under Georgia law, a taser is considered as a deadly weapon.
An empty, uncnarged taser.
Not necessary to the policeman giving chase, even if he could have known for sure.
His partner had already been knocked down by a taser charge and could have been fatally injured.
Might want to study up on the law in Fulton County.  And the evidence. In this case.
Pretty sure cops can count to two.
No need to in this case. It was not a Dirty Harry movie scene.
The suspect fired a lethal weapon and struck a policemen. His partner was justified according to Fulton County procedures in using lethal force against that fleeing suspect.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 26, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »

So the Kelly campaign forced the deletion of Masters statement that he is one hundred per cent pro life.

Nice job by them

Heh.

Holly Martins

« Reply #983 on: August 26, 2022, 09:46:11 AM »

Thanks again, Kid!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 26, 2022, 09:54:25 AM »

So the Kelly campaign forced the deletion of Masters statement that he is one hundred per cent pro life.

Nice job by them

Heh.
Well, not all the ads are his. My interpretation is that when the ads hit Masters polling told him the issue is a disaster for him and so he completely changed his stance. But there are clips calling to have a federal law banning abortions nationwide - he apparently did not get the memo from RedDickJimmEspn that this is impossible - prosecuting doctors, supporting a personhood amendment without any qualifications. So the next run of.ads will doubtless juxtapose his new statements with the very real extant footage of Masters saying exactly what the ads claim he has said.

I get 2010 vibes from this election. I still think Repos get the house but it looking more and more like the Dems keep and perhaps even add to their majority in the Senate thanks to some really awful candidates in AZ, PA and GA. And I guess from what I have seen, Wisconsin, but that one was set when Johnson decided to run again.

AZ was probably set when Governor Douchey decided to go back to being the emperor of ice cream rather than run for the Senate. Well, and the one proven candidate opted to do his job properly. I think it says something about the current state of the Repo party when the likes of Doichey and Sununo nope out of running for Senate.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 26, 2022, 01:15:39 PM »

You mean Ducey, in the Wallace Stevens sense, wants to just have a joke position, be merely the emperor of ice cream - a figurehead in the GOP governor's association or whatever it is?  You said "go back to being," as in...OK, sorry, I had forgotten he was CEO of Cold Stone Creamery.  Ha!  I really can't afford to overthink things. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 26, 2022, 01:23:26 PM »

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22267179-govuscourtsflsd6178541021

I have not seen so many black bars since the last time I watched a Girls Gone Wild video.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 26, 2022, 01:32:37 PM »

You mean Ducey, in the Wallace Stevens sense, wants to just have a joke position, be merely the emperor of ice cream - a figurehead in the GOP governor's association or whatever it is?  You said "go back to being," as in...OK, sorry, I had forgotten he was CEO of Cold Stone Creamery.  Ha!  I really can't afford to overthink things.
The Emperor of Ice Cream is why I cannot think of certain issues in Northern Iraq and Southern Turkey without thinking of the word "concupiscent".

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 26, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »

The worst thing in the world is starving and not knowing how to grow food, and being homeless and not knowing how to build housing, and being poor and not knowing how to do Business to make money, we need to teach all of these things to our people.

For Farming we need to support the Future Farmers of America, and we need to support 4-H, etc, we need for our children to learn how to grow food and how to raise animals.

And for housing, I learned Building Construction in High School, we need to have Building Construction classes in all High Schools. There is also Habitat for Humanity, etc, where people can volunteer to work building housing and they can learn as they volunteer. Then of course we have labor unions and people can start out as an apprentice, etc.

So highrise apartment buildings, we can make the steel right here in the USA, and we can build housing in areas such as the Platinum Triangle in Anaheim, we can build wonderful towers, the rich people can live in penthouses at the top, and the poor people can live on the bottom floors.

Here is a link for a company in my neighborhood that helps to build highrise towers.

https://www.ocerectors.com/about-us/

And we need to teach our children how to do business and how to make money. I learned as a kid by mowing lawns for my neighbors to earn money as a kid. And I washed dogs for my Grandmother who was a Dog Groomer. I worked many jobs as a kid to earn money. We need to teach the kids that companies like McDonald's are great companies and that there is no shame in working at a Fast Food restaurant, and we need to teach our youth that any honest job is a good job. We also need to support unions. And when the youth come out of school and go to work they need to learn how to be able to make money. I am not saying that we all need to be money motivated, but the fact of life is that we need money to survive, and so we need to learn how to make money.

There are many things that we need to teach our youth, including how to grow food, how to build housing, and how to do Business and how to make money. We also need Doctors, Nurses, and Public School Teachers.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 26, 2022, 04:31:13 PM »

We need to invest in solving water issues in the West, we need to bring the scientists and the engineers together to solve the problems.

Battle Mountain, Nevada, has a high water level, there is plenty of ground water. The people of Battle Mountain simply have wells with water pumps. Reno also has plenty of water, and so does Lake Tahoe.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 577