Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121939 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1410 on: September 28, 2022, 03:43:41 PM »

Still no quote that Ryan or Hirono actually advocated any violence.  The crisis center vandalism was done by extremists, no one here disputes that.  Local law enforcement is investigating, with federal assistance.  And not relevant to my point which is that Jarrett makes a false imputation about Sens Ryan and Hirono.  Again, put up or STFU. 
Discard all the uncomfortable evidence if it makes you feel better
The rest of us pay attention to the actions( or inactions) of the Biden Team and democrat Senators.
And we certainly know the meanings of the words they choose to use.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 03:47:23 PM by Espnthree »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 28, 2022, 04:28:50 PM »

My thoughts are with the people of Florida.

That is a bad thing about Florida is the storms. When I was there we had a tornado, and then I had to evacuate when Hurricane David hit Florida. I went to Florida with the Space Shuttle program, I had a step dad who was one of the main  guys on the Shuttle program. I lived right on the beach in Cape Canaveral, it was great. But, then Hurricane David hit and I had to go back to the desert. Then when the first Space Shuttle flew they landed it in the desert and I got to be there to watch it land, and President Reagan was there and he gave a speech. The Cape is a cool place, and the people there are great people, everyone lives everyday like it is a vacation. And I saw Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin play at a blues club on the beach with a band named The Groove Monsters, in Cocoa Beach, it was right on the sand, great club, that was a great night.

Florida is great, but the storms are a bad part of living there. Just like here in California we have to worry about earthquakes. The buildings can be built with the facts in mind, we know about the earthquakes so we build buildings to withstand earthquakes, and in Florida they can build to try to withstand hurricanes.

Of note, the Philippines just had a hurricane too, but they are used to it, they get hurricanes all of the time.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:30:45 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 28, 2022, 04:33:20 PM »

I have a friend who is from the Philippines, from Catanduanes, and he said that they build up the dirt in front of their house like a giant ramp and the storm follows the ramp up and over the house. All of the people would go to their house and they would feed them all. In the Philippines they all work together as a team to help each other. The people from the Philippines are great people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 28, 2022, 04:45:20 PM »

My friends from the Philippines were used to helping each other, and they were used to helping the people in the Philippines, and when they came to America then they brought that same community spirit, and they feed and house the homeless, and they help the people who need help. My friends from the Philippines used to take roasted pigs to the public park and feed all of the people at the park, they would have friends and family there and they would feed the strangers at the park, they fed everyone. So, they were used to helping people in the Philippines, then when they came to the USA they brought that same community spirit and they helped the poor in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 28, 2022, 07:17:12 PM »

The reason why the people from the Philippines serve roasted pigs at their parties is because King Philip of Spain loved the people of the Philippines and he sent them many ships full of pigs so that the people of the Philippines would have lots of pork to eat. To this very day the people from the Philippines serve roasted pigs at parties, and they serve it as a gift of being blessed.

To be able to party and eat roasted pigs and being surrounded by friends and family and other people, is a blessing for the people from the Philippines.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 28, 2022, 07:59:10 PM »

Here is an acting scene on You Tube of me doing the Second Chorus from Anouilh's Antigone. My Uncle Dennis was my cameraman (He died in January of 2012, I miss him). I did a few takes that I liked better, but this was one of the few that I made it all of the way through without any mistakes, all in 1 shot with zero editing and without a teleprompter, my Uncle Dennis got tired of shooting it, and so we had to settle on this take. I hope that you enjoy it. I will make more You Tube videos eventually.

"Antigone, an adaptation of Sophocles's classic produced in the context of the anti-fascist French resistance, is Jean Anouilh's (1910 to 1987) most often-produced work today. Antigone premiered in Paris in 1944, but Anouilh had written his tale of lone rebellion against the state two years earlier, inspired by an act of resistance during Paris's occupation by the Nazis. In August 1942, a young man named Paul Collette fired at and wounded a group of directors during a meeting of the collaborationist Legion des volontaires france. Collette did not belong to a Resistance network or organized political group, but acted entirely alone and in full knowledge of his certain death. For Anouilh, Collette's solitary act at once heroic, gratuitous, and futile, captured the essence of tragedy and demanded an immediate revival of Antigone. Aware of Anouilh's thinly veiled attack on the Vichy government, the Nazis censored Antigone immediately upon its release. It premiered two years later at the Theatre de l'Atelier in Paris under the direction of Andrea Barsacq, a few months before Paris' liberation. The play starred (his wife) Monelle Valentin as the doomed princess."

Here is a link for my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NnXQpikxyk&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully you enjoy it.

Tout les meilleur,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 28, 2022, 09:13:31 PM »

That is a bad thing about Florida is the storms. When I was there we had a tornado, and then I had to evacuate when Hurricane David hit Florida. I went to Florida with the Space Shuttle program, I had a step dad who was one of the main  guys on the Shuttle program. I lived right on the beach in Cape Canaveral, it was great. But, then Hurricane David hit and I had to go back to the desert. Then when the first Space Shuttle flew they landed it in the desert and I got to be there to watch it land, and President Reagan was there and he gave a speech. The Cape is a cool place, and the people there are great people, everyone lives everyday like it is a vacation. And I saw Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin play at a blues club on the beach with a band named The Groove Monsters, in Cocoa Beach, it was right on the sand, great club, that was a great night.

Florida is great, but the storms are a bad part of living there. Just like here in California we have to worry about earthquakes. The buildings can be built with the facts in mind, we know about the earthquakes so we build buildings to withstand earthquakes, and in Florida they can build to try to withstand hurricanes.

Of note, the Philippines just had a hurricane too, but they are used to it, they get hurricanes all of the time.

Salute,

Tony V.

My thoughts too are with the people of Florida.
When in Florida in 2019 mrs bambu stayed with a lady in Fort Myers, and with her visited people in north and east Florida.
This Hurricane is reportedly the worst ever.
Horrible.

Not many, if any, places in America seem safe from horrific natural disasters.
'Twister alley', 'hurricane central', etc...how do people even cope with living there.
One minute you're happy and comfortable, next minute your home is blown away and some of your friends and family are dead or maimed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:59:36 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 28, 2022, 09:20:23 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

My thoughts too are with the people of Florida.
When in Florida in 2019 mrs bambu stayed with a lady in Fort Myers, and visited with her visited people in north and east Florida.
This Hurricane is reportedly the worst ever.
Horrible.

Not many, if any, places in America seem safe from horrific natural disasters.
'Twister alley', 'hurricane central', etc...how do people even cope with living there.
One minute you're happy and comfortable, next minute your home is blown away and some of your friends and family are dead or maimed.

Battle Mountain, Nevada, is a safe spot with no natural disasters, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no earthquakes, Battle Mountain is safe...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Mountain,_Nevada

We need to send the new people to Battle Mountain, Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 28, 2022, 09:38:48 PM »

For the refugees from Russia and from Ukraine, etc, we have Acapulco as a good safe location for the migrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acapulco

Acapulco, Mexico, is a good safe spot for the refugees.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 29, 2022, 04:57:05 AM »

1million residents in Florida are now without power.
Looks like they'll have to become fans of log fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, coke(coal) fireplaces  under cover camp fires etc to provide light, cooking, and heating.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 29, 2022, 07:42:40 AM »

Nothing confirms Bambu's world view that "the world is a terrible place and everybody should be scared about everything all the time" better than a natural disaster.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 29, 2022, 08:37:09 AM »

1million residents in Florida are now without power.
Looks like they'll have to become fans of log fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, coke(coal) fireplaces  under cover camp fires etc to provide light, cooking, and heating.
To say nothing ofgas generators

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 29, 2022, 09:07:25 AM »

If America

Holly Martins

« Reply #1423 on: September 29, 2022, 09:32:41 AM »

Still no quote that Ryan or Hirono actually advocated any violence.  The crisis center vandalism was done by extremists, no one here disputes that.  Local law enforcement is investigating, with federal assistance.  And not relevant to my point which is that Jarrett makes a false imputation about Sens Ryan and Hirono.  Again, put up or STFU. 

How would I discard evidence you never produced? 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 29, 2022, 09:50:47 AM »

LOL!
You are similar to an attorney asking a jury to disregard testimony it just heard.

How would I discard evidence you never produced?
You must not
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 577