Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121961 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3495 on: April 08, 2023, 06:47:13 PM »

And then, having met someone, for the young couple it's "meet the parents"...basically for approval..
In my case, I wasn't quite what the girl's mother had in mind as a boyfriend for her daughter. :)
No, too easy, even for me.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 08, 2023, 09:17:40 PM »

We will see what happens.

Some thoughts  --

Long-winded self-pitying postings, relentlessly zooming in on past experiences (dog washing, Suzanne Pleshette, ancestors of note, childhood poverty, etc) should not be what is happening. 

Your writing is mediocre and tedious to read.  The reason you are well into middle age and haven't published or sold a script is your natural talents lie elsewhere.  (my guess is that you are a people person who would make a good social worker, counselor, paramedic, or a range of other helping occupations)

You aren't going to be present and live fully in the present until you stop spinning endless vineyard dreams in your brain or imagining some unattainable level of wealth and glamorous company.  Those are shallow goals anyway, and you can do better living simply and connecting with the struggling people you seem to really care about.  You have kindness and compassion and empathy, which are a thousand times more valuable than a fat wallet or making a splash in showbiz.

Salute,

Caliban

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: April 08, 2023, 10:35:17 PM »

I had a roommate in one of Lisa's houses who was a Franciscan Monk, his name was Skip, he lived in a house over by Dick Van Dyke in Malibu, and Skip was living with the homeless people so that he could go back to Malibu and teach the other Monks how to help the homeless. He wanted to live with the homeless in order to teach the other Monks how to help the homeless.

I can help other people to benefit from experiences that I have had.

Right now we need for Church buses to take the homeless people to Church on Sundays, to the Calvary Chapel Open Door and to other Churches. The rich companies need to donate Church buses to the Churches in order to foster better communities.

And I write better with a team of writers, when it comes to movies and television shows I need to write with a team. And for making movies, and for anything in the Entertainment Industry, then I need a team, I need to surround myself with smart and talented people.

I also need to find a good smart wife, I will never make it on my own, and I want a family.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: April 08, 2023, 10:48:38 PM »

Salute,

Caliban

At least you can say you tried.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 08, 2023, 11:11:26 PM »

And then, having met someone, for the young couple it's "meet the parents"...basically for approval..
In my case, I wasn't quite what the girl's mother had in mind as a boyfriend for her daughter. :)
No, too easy, even for me.

Indeed

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 09, 2023, 12:10:13 AM »

There have been murders all over Los Angeles, and San Francisco, and San Bernardino has the worst crime in California, and it is only getting worse.

The answer is to get the homeless people into Church and to teach them how God wants for them to live. God wants to bless all of us, and he wants for us to have great communities of Christians. If we want for the crime to go down, then we need to get the homeless people into Church on Sundays. And we need to teach the homeless people how to be a part of a good community where people help each other, and then we can transform society.

We need schools, libraries, and Churches, in order to help the homeless, and in order to improve society, and there is a lot more to having a community than just having housing. There needs to be housing, but there also needs to be schools, libraries, and Churches. And Wellness Centers, and Mental Health Centers, etc, are needed, etc.

We can make society better but people have to care. And also there is Kiwanis International.

But right now, I do not want to ride the trains and walk the streets. I have my own little neighborhood where they all know me, and I stay mostly in this neighborhood.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 09, 2023, 03:59:16 AM »

Re-runs of As Tony World Turns now streaming non-stop on Elba 2.

😴😴😴😴

I like Tony's stories...and it's not like the forum is 'rush hour central'.

Easy for women to find love, just dress in not much and hit the clubs.
Very, very, difficult for a poor man..."hi, would you like to catch the bus to Maccas (McDonalds) for a small fries and a drink"?
Very difficult for a middle class man too, if he's not a 9 or 10.
Family?  Good for about 12 years, until the kids hit high school and the marriage ends.
Then the misery and financial horror start.
One minute the man has a home, then he comes home from work one day to an empty house, the wife gone with the kids and all the furniture...divorce papers on the kitchen bench.
Then the man has to pay alimony and child support, tossed in prison if he doesn't.
Who'd be a young man in the West today, especially in America?

Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 09, 2023, 11:26:50 AM »

What's cute and fluffy and passed out on the lawn?

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 09, 2023, 02:54:26 PM »

What's cute and fluffy and passed out on the lawn?
The Ether Bunny!
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 09, 2023, 03:14:37 PM »

When I was a teen back in the 1980s I had a friend who had a poster on his wall of a beautiful red Lamborghini with a beautiful woman in a swimsuit sitting on the hood of the car, and at the bottom of the poster it said "The Benefits of a Higher Education." He was motivated to do well in school and to go to college and to get rich and to get the hot babe and the car.

And for the wonderful Doctors, the Doctors need to be rewarded and they deserve to be rich and they deserve the beautiful women and the nice cars.

When I lived in Malibu I rented a room from the ex-wife of Sammy Hagar's family Doctor, Jeff, Jeff was rich and he was a Doctor to the stars, and he owned a bunch of nice houses in Malibu, he liked to invest in Malibu real estate. Jeff is a wonderful guy, and he deserves to be rich. And his ex-wife Peggy was very nice to me, and she welcomed me into her family and into her family home. I worked as a limousine driver for Gemstar Limousine at that time, we were the official Limousine Service for the Jay Leno Show, mostly I took people to the airport, and I picked people up from the airport and I brought them back to Malibu, while I tried to get work as an actor. Anyhow, I was able to see how the wealthy Doctors live in Malibu, and they are well rewarded.

In the 1980s everyone wanted to make money, and for my group we associated getting an education with being able to earn more money.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 09, 2023, 03:21:25 PM »

Happy Easter everyone.

He has risen.

Spread the word that we need for Church buses to drive around picking up the homeless people and taking them to Church on Sundays, we need for the rich people, like the guy from "My Pillow" to donate buses to the Churches.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 03:38:02 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 09, 2023, 03:23:35 PM »

May all you fields be fertile, Tony, according to the do respect we pay our ancestors and the spirits of the land.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 09, 2023, 03:39:31 PM »

May all you fields be fertile, Tony, according to the do respect we pay our ancestors and the spirits of the land.

Thanks!

I wish you the best as well.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 577