Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121960 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7860 on: March 10, 2024, 11:28:51 PM »

The Oscars were good tonight, and Oppenheimer won, which is a Universal movie, so it is good to see Universal win. Universal is my favorite studio.

And Jimmy Kimmel made the statement of the night when he said Trump was watching, and instead of saying "Isn't it past your bed time?" he said "Isn't it past your prison time?" The crowd loved it.

Now the stars are all going to party until the sun comes up, and then they will read about themselves in the Newspapers the next morning, at least in the times of Clark Gable.

Maybe next year I will produce an Oscar party at the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, with an outdoor party and outdoor bar there at MacArthur Park, we will see if I can make it happen.

( On the doorway above the entrance to the Park Plaza Hotel it says "Treat others as you wish to be treated" and the hotel has Angels looking out, I took a tour, it is a fantastic hotel, if you are ever in Los Angeles then I highly recommend that you take a tour of the Park Plaza Hotel. )

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 05:54:44 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: March 11, 2024, 08:12:41 PM »

I went across the USA and back on a Greyhound Bus, and we zig zagged all over the USA, and it was great to get out and see the USA, and it was cool to see Memphis, and I saw some great places, and we ate at the McDonald's restaurants all over America, it was great. I saw the Arch in Saint Louis, I saw a lot of cool places. But I saw a lot of poverty in America, and everyone warned me to be careful because of the high crime.

America is beautiful, it was good to see the nation, but we need to build schools, and we need to bring in good Teachers for our communities, and we need to put a fresh coat of paint on America.

I went to the Pantheon in Rome, which is 2,000 years old, and that is the area where we have our United States Embassy in Rome, and they have a McDonald's there, and a Hard Rock Cafe, and the people sit in the parks in Rome and they read books, and there are great coffee shops all over. We can teach America to be more like Rome, and in Rome they want to be more like America, it is funny.

Biden is right that we need a raise for teachers, and we need to give free community college to all Americans.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: March 11, 2024, 09:20:11 PM »

Mayor Bass is awesome, she is representing Los Angeles in Paris right now, and Mayor Bass is meeting with the homeless women in Paris in private to learn how to best help the homeless people in Los Angeles. We are lucky to have Karen Bass representing us in Paris right now, she is doing great Public Relations while advancing humanitarian efforts.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: March 11, 2024, 10:37:59 PM »

The United Nations reported that 1.5 million people are starving right now in Haiti. Biden needs to take action, along with the UN and every nation that is able to help.

The first step is to make the peace so that the aid can be received, they need to have peace so that the food and supplies can be brought in.

And then they need new wise leaders in Haiti. I had a History Professor from Haiti who is brilliant and so I know that Haiti has brilliant people, Haiti just needs for the brilliant people to rise to the top. A lot of people have been trying to help in Haiti for a long time with no success, such as Sean Penn who volunteered in Haiti for years. The secret is to start educating the children when they are young. And for the people who are starving, they can be given school as they are fed food to eat, we can feed their bodies and their minds. ( And Church is great too, if only we could teach all of the children of the world to obey the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule. ) And we can teach them about the book "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, etc. We can also teach them farming and agriculture. And they have seafood, etc.

Maybe the people of Haiti can be like a big Native American Indian Tribe, and the young people work, and the old people are the Chiefs and the elders, they could have a welfare system like the Incas, etc. The children go to school while the young people work and then the Seniors are their leaders and teachers, etc.

Just having free enterprise is not going to work in Haiti, the whole situation needs to change. Maybe they can learn from Costa Rica, Costa Rica is a huge success.

And Colombia is doing great right now, and they are spending a lot of money to invest in the Arts in Bogota, etc, they can invest in the Arts and in Fashion, etc. Shakira and Education have been helping Colombia, and a long line of great Presidents in Colombia, some of whom attended Harvard, etc.

Maybe Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries could offer advice to Haiti, I do not know.

You could give them all cigarettes and get them all addicted, and then raise the price of cigarettes and then make them work growing food in order to pay for their cigarettes. Cigarettes are very addictive and smokers will do almost anything for a cigarette when they are addicted, so you can make them grow food to feed the hungry in exchange for money to buy cigarettes, etc. There are low level economies that operate on cigarettes, like in prison, or in a homeless shelter, people will work for cigarettes when they are addicted.They can use cigarettes as the motivator of their economy if nothing else. If they will not work to help their poor, then maybe they will work for a cigarette if they are addicted. That is a sad economy, but it is better than what Haiti has now. Cuba can grow the tobacco for the cigarettes for Haiti to be used to motivate an improved economy in Haiti. In the homeless shelter the manager gave the homeless people cigarettes to clean the toilets, etc, and to mow the lawn, and to do needed tasks, addicted people will work in exchange for cigarettes.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 05:59:01 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: March 12, 2024, 02:06:30 AM »

In 2019, the Asian population for Kentucky was 71,504. The Asian population of Kentucky increased from 50,789 in 2010 to 71,504 in 2019 growing at an average annual rate of 3.89%. According to U.S. Data.

----------

That is good that the Asians are coming to Kentucky.

For the poor people from Hong Kong then Kentucky is paradise.

And with Tik Tok the Americans are communicating with the Asians and then the Asians are coming to America to meet their new friends from Tik Tok.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:00:52 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: March 12, 2024, 04:40:41 PM »

Tesla's next Gigafactory will be in Mexico.

---------

Mexico is our good neighbor and ally, and we all benefit as the economy improves in Mexico.

My Grandmother opened Gold Mines in Mexico, and she helped to bring running water, electricity, telephones, television, radio, paved roads, etc, to some very poor parts of Mexico, she helped to bring modern civilization to some very poor parts of Mexico. They loved her in Mexico.

We all benefit as the situation improves next door in Mexico.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: March 12, 2024, 05:41:26 PM »

From the President of Colombia...

This Monday, we kicked off the project of the new Faculty of Fine Arts at the National University in Bogota, a project that will benefit more than 3,200 students.

During this event, we talk about the importance of not only expanding educational coverage, but also providing quality knowledge for one and all.

-----------------

As Colombians study the Arts then they can look for friends here in California, USA, where we have Film, Television, Fashion, Music, the Culinary Arts, Literature, etc, etc, etc, California has everything when it comes to the Arts, Colombia and California can be friends on Arts projects.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: March 13, 2024, 12:10:53 AM »

Brightline West's $12-billion, 218-mile route between Las Vegas and Rancho Cucamonga promises even faster travel than the company's Florida train as the first true high-speed rail line in the United States.

-----------

We need to get more workers working on the high speed trains in order to build more trains in a speedier fashion. They are building high speed trains in Mexico too. And those are all good paying jobs. In the USA the jobs building the high speed trains are all good union jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: March 13, 2024, 06:42:01 AM »

Brightline West's $12-billion, 218-mile route between Las Vegas and Rancho Cucamonga promises even faster travel than the company's Florida train as the first true high-speed rail line in the United States.

-----------

We need to get more workers working on the high speed trains in order to build more trains in a speedier fashion. They are building high speed trains in Mexico too. And those are all good paying jobs. In the USA the jobs building the high speed trains are all good union jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hope the said high speed trains they are building will be derail-proof.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: March 13, 2024, 11:44:15 AM »

In case anyone missed it, AOC and Trump agreed on something today.

Though their opposition to the TikTok forced sale/or banned House bill seems to be based on quite different reasons. 

Trump:  my mega donor has a stake in Tiktok.  So I'll concoct some bullshit about not this bill helping naughty Facebook.

AOC:

Im voting NO on the TikTok forced sale bill.

This bill was incredibly rushed, from committee to vote in 4 days, with little explanation.

There are serious antitrust and privacy questions here, and any national security concerns should be laid out to the public prior to a vote.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: March 13, 2024, 03:23:47 PM »

In case anyone missed it, AOC and Trump agreed on something today.

Though their opposition to the TikTok forced sale/or banned House bill seems to be based on quite different reasons. 

Trump:  my mega donor has a stake in Tiktok.  So I'll concoct some bullshit about not this bill helping naughty Facebook.

AOC:

Im voting NO on the TikTok forced sale bill.

This bill was incredibly rushed, from committee to vote in 4 days, with little explanation.

There are serious antitrust and privacy questions here, and any national security concerns should be laid out to the public prior to a vote.

AOC is very wise.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: March 13, 2024, 04:51:24 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/paul-alexander-iron-lung-dies-1c320147b3df93bfd6e59c3f12c66657

Texas man in iron lung since 1952 has died today.

Arthur Digby Sellers sends flowers.

(Larry Sellers father. Wrote 156 episodes of Branded, the bulk of the series. He is not exactly a lightweight...)
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: March 13, 2024, 06:05:14 PM »

Someone mentioned Bo Diddley, and he is cool, I hope he returns to Elba, and it is cool he went to live in China and is exploring. He brings a lot of interesting insight to Elba.

On other issues...

The Governor of Kentucky is worried about food for the poor people in Kentucky.

Because of Dams in the Southwest we are now growing wonderful Winter Vegetables such as fresh Spinach in Arizona, Southern California, and in Nevada, etc, and we can send this wonderful Spinach and other winter vegetables to the poor people of Kentucky, as well as to the poor in Cincinnati, and in Detroit, and in Saint Louis, and in New York City, etc.

In Los Angeles the Farmers are sending food directly to Food Banks and to Kitchens which feed the poor. And new connections can be made in New York, and in Chicago, etc, so that they can send fresh vegetables straight from the Farmers to the people who need the food.

In Lancaster, California, back during the Great Depression the Citizens used to get together and hunt rabbits, and then they would send the rabbit meat to the orphanages in Los Angeles, all of the orphans in Los Angeles were living on rabbit meat, etc. Now fresh trout, and rabbit, are foods that the wealthy eat at fancy hotels in Manhattan.

Also, we need to improve the ports in Mexico, and we need to allow Mexican Truck Drivers to join the Teamsters so that they can deliver goods in the USA, including delivering food to Kentucky, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: March 13, 2024, 06:25:43 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/paul-alexander-iron-lung-dies-1c320147b3df93bfd6e59c3f12c66657

Texas man in iron lung since 1952 has died today.

Arthur Digby Sellers sends flowers.

(Larry Sellers father. Wrote 156 episodes of Branded, the bulk of the series. He is not exactly a lightweight...)
Larry saw what happens when you fight a stranger in the Alps. Or some such.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 577