Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 167622 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 09:36:49 AM »

Hard Knocks E3 was like a Sunday brunch, there was a lotta good stuff to pick from.

But stay away from butterflies as they have little nutrional value (trust me on this one)

I'm giving 5-forks to Brown O-line coach Bob Wylie, from the looks of it he's a veteran of lots of all you can eat buffets and a man of many talents and proud owner of a gleaming white Maserati. Wylie stole E3.

We got a history lesson about the D-Day, soldiers hitting the beaches and football preparedness (Belichick would love this guy) and a film session where Wylie's ideal O-line would be made up of pigs, hippos and gorillas.

The conclusion this guy is from somewhere within an easy drive of Boston

and the Browns coaching staff will give the players a run for the money in wackiness.

How can you not root for the Browns and Moose? 

Given that there are no standards, a case could be made for Moyer, as has been posted here already. Is it a solid case? Is it a convincing case? Well, at least as convincing as Bill Mazeroski had or Scooter Rizzuto

Disagree

Kid As Utley can not judge Moyer on the standards that we are used to judging pitchers, like multiple 20-win seasons, over-powering mound presence, ERA, ERA+ CY votes, AS team appearances  Ko to BB, you know real baseball stats that people use to compare performance, you are clearly not appreciating Utley's nuanced, balanced and sophisticated case he presented for Moyer.

As Utley states,

The case for Moyer is about the artistry.

And he did it with aplomb, without the egocentric nature that is attached to so many starting pitchers.

This is overpowering. But there is more

If he were a wine, he'd be the unappreciated petite syrah, an exceptionally rare grape with less than 10,000 planted acres worldwide. In an era in a world that only thinks of cabernet, the petite syrah, like Moyer, has been seriously overlooked.

Not yet convinced, Utley comes in with the closing argument for Moyer's HoF candidacy.

"Moyer has received numerous awards for philanthropy and community service, including the 2003 Roberto Clemente Award, the 2003 Lou Gehrig Memorial Award, the 2003 Hutch Award, and the 2004 Branch Rickey Award.

Artistry-aplomb-a nice guy but overlooked, all with the bouquet of an aborigine's armpit.

As has been said before. about Chateau Moyer, it is an unobtrusive wine yet works with both sides of the plate and "carries a message and the message is BEWARE. This is not a wine for drinking -- this is a wine for laying down and avoiding."

Which 98% of HoF voters have wisely done.

---------------------
wankspot!!!

what brilliance!

that certainly disarms me and negates his years of stupidity and hypocrisy!

LMAO

What the troll hopes is an escape from the well of hypocrisy he has dug for himself for years.

He has no answers for the contradictory conclusions of his silly arguments.

To repeat the troll wants 

1) a standard for entry to the exclusive HoF

but the troll who desperately wants Moyer in the HoF

2) can not articulate a standard which even the mediocre Moyer can meet  (ie there is no standard)

the hypocrisy is so apparent except to our inarticulate troll

And when pressed the troll denies the false narrative that he has pushed.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:26:58 PM by bankshot1 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Washington Football Team
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 02:57:38 PM »

If it's not offensive then change the name to Washington Pinkskins.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Football Team
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2018, 06:13:38 PM »

If it's not offensive then change the name to Washington Pinkskins.

That might confuse people. They might think you were talking about the Republican Congress.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »

Indians shut out the Phillies, 5 - 0. I assume Kluber got the W.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »

split -squad game "A" team got whupped in Beantown.

I watched off/on between Anderson Cooper/Rachel

Foles was the pumpkin he usually is but Browns D looked real.

the one thing that irked me was the Browns 1st and goal from the one and they passed 4 times

Wasn't it Pete Carroll who said,

RUN THE FUCKING BALL!

never mind.

battle of the Meadowlands tonight with associated NYC-Jersey bragging rights

Pats-Panthers

I'm not getting a good vibe this year

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2018, 11:07:56 AM »

split -squad game "A" team got whupped in Beantown.

I watched off/on between Anderson Cooper/Rachel

Foles was the pumpkin he usually is but Browns D looked real.
i did not see it, but from the highlights Myles Garrett is the beast we thought he was.

the one thing that irked me was the Browns 1st and goal from the one and they passed 4 times
that is one thing I am glad I did not see.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:55 PM »

As I feared Pats sucked tonight.

This team looks unathletic/slow/work in progress.

BB the coach has his work cut out to coach up the drek BB the GM has given him.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2018, 08:40:07 AM »

As I feared Pats sucked tonight.

This team looks unathletic/slow/work in progress.

BB the coach has his work cut out to coach up the drek BB the GM has given him.

Maybe he will walk away mid-season the way Brady walks away mid-interview, when anyone asks about his fairy godfather, the "trainer" with the magic beans.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »

BB may be considering retiring and spend more time babysitting. And Brady probably would rather talk football than whether his trainer can now give him team sanctioned rub-downs.

But as I don't spend much time thinking about Brady's training regiment, and would rather talk about football, I can't help you with your Brady obssession.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »

G-Men OBJ make it official

5/95 $60M guaranteed over first 3 years.

Good behavior pays off.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »

BB may be considering retiring and spend more time babysitting. And Brady probably would rather talk football than whether his trainer can now give him team sanctioned rub-downs.

But as I don't spend much time thinking about Brady's training regiment, and would rather talk about football, I can't help you with your Brady obssession.

Brady gets paid to do that interview, and had to know he would get that question. As Chris Russo said of it, bad job by Brady.

Sorry you can't understand that IS ABOUT football, but then, you aren't too bright.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2018, 06:06:30 PM »

Brady gets paid to do that interview, and had to know he would get that question. As Chris Russo said of it, bad job by Brady.

Sorry you can't understand that IS ABOUT football, but then, you aren't too bright.

This is about your obsession with Brady and Boston.

FTR Brady was asked a variant of the question 4 (FOUR) times by the "EEI guy, and Brady told the host he wasn't discussing Guerrero.

4th time was a charm and Brady punted and hung-up on the guy.

If you think Brady gets paid anything close to the value he brings to WEEI you're dumber than I imagine, which is close to impossible.

I look forward to your posts during the season about Brady and Giselle's impending divorce and asset distribution.

I however will be posting about football.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:15:56 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »

This is about your obsession with Brady and Boston.

FTR Brady was asked a variant of the question 4 (FOUR) times by the "EEI guy, and Brady told the host he wasn't discussing Guerrero.

4th time was a charm and Brady punted and hung-up on the guy.

If you think Brady gets paid anything close to the value he brings to WEEI you're dumber than I imagine, which is close to impossible.

I look forward to your posts during the season about Brady and Giselle's impending divorce and asset distribution.

I however will be posting about football.

MY obsession? Then why was national news, dimwit? Never made the argument he gets paid in terms of its value, just showing he gets paid, and reneged on his deal.

In the meantime, even someone as dim as you (although I'm not sure whom that would be), would understand that the questions asked were legitimate, related to the team and its function, and worthy of a response, and it was a question which Baby Tommy should have anticipated and been ready to answer. Kind of like you expected from Grady Little or your other personal punching bags.

Good luck "talking football", because to date we've seen nothing noteworthy coming from you.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2018, 02:11:05 PM »

national news story?

it must have been a slow news day between Manafort, Cohen and McCain passing, and you think a trainer rubbing Brady's ass is a national story.

To each their own.

heh

you're an idiot.

Aaron Rodgers signs 4/134 extension over $100 million guaranteed.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2018, 02:49:19 PM »

Jets trade Teddy Bridgewater to Saints

guessing for a decent draft pick

settles starter question for the Jersey B-team
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 329