Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 [2726] 2727 2728 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1627680 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40875 on: July 01, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »

Needs

As pointed out a few minutes ago, kid routinely flunks stress tests to back-up his posts

its sort of his MO for close to 25 years.

His come back for lack of facts is, that he's not going to defend his actions, why are you debating in this forum?, he changes the argument, or posts in the Knicks forum

heh

SSDD

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40876 on: July 01, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »

New York was the center of the virus, for various reasons.

Leadership of the State took it seriously (when they were finally forced to) led by example and residents followed their lead.  Businesses endured the shutdown as best they could, and were not given the ok to open until benchmarks were met.  The result has been that they got it under control.  The danger to NY now is infected people coming in from states that did not take those measures.

Obviously, the shrugging the shoulders argument that we didn't need to do anything to control the spread because we couldn't control it anyway is false.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40877 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »

Or maybe this virus is just a PITA and will get around despite any restrictions, masks, what have you....

It's a respiratory virus.  We know quite well how to limit transmission.
700 cases and 30+ deaths in Shanghai.  4 deaths in Hong Kong.

We live on.  Hopefully with schools fully open and reasonably restricted.
You mean those who didn't die.  A couple hundred thousand Americans won't live on.

Schools and restaurants and businesses can reopen once transmissions are stopped/greatly reduced.  The US really hasn't really tried to do that.  It's been more trying to buy time until there's a vaccine.

A total lack of leadership.
A total lack of preparation and planning.
A total lack of unity.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40878 on: July 01, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »

Needs

As pointed out a few minutes ago, kid routinely flunks stress tests to back-up his posts

its sort of his MO for close to 25 years.

His come back for lack of facts is, that he's not going to defend his actions, why are you debating in this forum?, he changes the argument, or posts in the Knicks forum

heh

SSDD

Its a completely foreign mindset to me.  How do you make a statement without having an example in mind that backs it, then when called on it, think the onus is on others to come up with examples that support your own argument?

I find a mind that thinks that way as perplexing as a mind that thinks Trump has done a good job.  Not a surprise that both come packaged in the same person here.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40879 on: July 01, 2020, 11:23:40 AM »

Overall I'd say it was another great week for Trump!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40880 on: July 01, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »

How did I get this virus?  I was so careful

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/health/peyton-chesser-coronavirus-texas/index.html

But the chick doesnt say whether or not she was masked up when returning to stores/gym.  So what are we to learn - other than a whiny ass 20-something got sick like millions of her fellow US citizens.

Thanks for nothing, CNN
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:30:39 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40881 on: July 01, 2020, 11:30:14 AM »

Overall I'd say it was another great week for Trump!

At issue is whether or not Trump can bounce back

Appears the odds not in his favor - but there are certain aspects that still keep the race alive.

The biggest misnomer during all this is when a talking head says "Trump is doing _______ to appeal to his base"

Trump does NOTHING that is not genuine.  Nothing just to get elected.  He speaks his mind, is confident he is the best man to see the US through this spell.  If he is not elected again, it is what it is - and we move on.

Trump refusing to leave the WH is another zany thought.

What you should be thinking is - would he run for elected office again?

barton

« Reply #40882 on: July 01, 2020, 11:30:43 AM »

I hope you have other sites where you can scratch your debate itch.  I am not going to keep repeating myself/defending my actions to you.

I plan to use this quote from you in all my future responses to your posts.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40883 on: July 01, 2020, 11:33:23 AM »

Its a completely foreign mindset to me.  How do you make a statement without having an example in mind that backs it, then when called on it, think the onus is on others to come up with examples that support your own argument?

Doesnt matter

The statement is true.

I have no idea why you wouldnt take it and fold it into the conversation, preferring to debate it because I said it.

Not everything put forth here needs your 180 degree feedback.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40884 on: July 01, 2020, 11:36:20 AM »

700 cases and 30+ deaths in Shanghai.  4 deaths in Hong Kon

Are you factoring in different strains of the virus?  Was Shanghai and Hong Kong hit the same as the US in that respect?  Dont get upset, just respond if you like. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40885 on: July 01, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »

Time to melt down all the guns.

Keep marching.

No guns?   the bad people would still have them,  and like me, would be sitting ducks in and out of their own  homes.
Go woke, go broke.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40886 on: July 01, 2020, 11:38:23 AM »

Doesnt matter

The statement is true.

How do we know that is true?  I certainly don't.  Your failing to provide an example that shows its true sure doesn't indicate it is.

And wouldn't seeing where it is true be instructive on the other part of your argument, that the guidelines may not have been strict enough?  It would be interesting to see if, for example, there are mitigating circumstances that make it more the exception than the rule.  That might be worth looking into.

But you can't participate in this kind of discussion, because you talk out of your ass and make fact-free arguments. 

Its simple, kiidcarter8.  You make a statement because you thinks it sounds good with no facts to back it, its worthless to the participants on this board.  We don't need to know you are a Trumpist.  That has been proven.  What might be interesting to know is if Trumpists have valid arguments.

On that you are a failure.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40887 on: July 01, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »

Trump does NOTHING that is not genuine.  Nothing just to get elected.

Ahem.

See my previous post.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40888 on: July 01, 2020, 11:39:55 AM »

700 cases and 30+ deaths in Shanghai.  4 deaths in Hong Kon

Are you factoring in different strains of the virus?  Was Shanghai and Hong Kong hit the same as the US in that respect?  Dont get upset, just respond if you like.

how about them Knicks?

heh

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40889 on: July 01, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »

Doesnt matter

The statement is true.

I have no idea why you wouldnt take it and fold it into the conversation, preferring to debate it because I said it.

Not everything put forth here needs your 180 degree feedback.
It is a debate you could end with a single word.  Well, two at most unless the state is Rhode Island and you insist on it's full name. But go ahead and pretend that your inability to support your claim is you standing on "principle".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 [2726] 2727 2728 ... 4288