Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 564

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 118872 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8280 on: April 21, 2024, 10:38:37 AM »

Quote of the Week

Bill Maher noting the turmoil at NPR and that all of its 87 news people are democrats.

NPR is to them what this country would be if it was a permanent Democratic governorship

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: April 21, 2024, 11:19:37 AM »

Australians cannot build anything bigger than a shed and expect it to stay up. They probably need new blood to dilute their congenital stupidity.

Got some great builders, and great engineers.

The problems were/are..."freedom".....self-regulation, self-inspection, and private certifiers.
Govts were warned it would all end badly, which it has. They didn't listen, and tears are being shed...tears of buyers.

Hardline govt regulation, hardline govt inspection, and hardline govt certifiers should be the system.

Everything the conservatives (aka Republicans) in the USS resist.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: April 21, 2024, 12:20:03 PM »

Quote of the Week

Bill Maher noting the turmoil at NPR and that all of its 87 news people are democrats.

NPR is to them what this country would be if it was a permanent Democratic governorship

Fuck Bill Maher.

NPR is not Fox nor Newsmax so why would it hire Republican election deniers and criminal apologists?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: April 21, 2024, 12:24:09 PM »

A small step toward a brighter transportation future!

https://wapo.st/3W6KE0g

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: April 21, 2024, 07:14:00 PM »

I just sent this request to Vice President Harris on Facebook, I hope she reads it...

Please send some advisers and diplomats to Colombia to aid Gustavo Petro, and send some people from Harvard to help in Colombia, etc, and we also have the United Nations, we need to promote peace and prosperity and good human rights in Colombia. And also Colombia can use the Ports in New Orleans, Louisiana, to import coffee and Gold, and the coffee can be roasted in New Orleans, etc, and then shipped all over. ( Also, New Orleans can be expanded as a Port City with the problems with the port in Baltimore, New Orleans can expand their Ports. )

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: April 21, 2024, 08:34:03 PM »

Bambu, remember that we have 50,000 Australians here in Los Angeles right now. And the Out Back Steak House Restaurants are fantastic. And Huntington Beach is the original Surf City. My personal favorite beach is Malibu, and I would be living there right now, in my same house, or at Latigo Beach ( Latigo Beach has the stars, and the college students from Pepperdine, and 24 hour armed security guards at the gate. ) And the Sunset Restaurant on Westward Beach would be a good spot to eat and drink margaritas at and watch the Sunset. That is my advice for the Australians is that Malibu is the best spot, and the Studios are good jobs, and Hollywood is great. Mel Gibson lives in Malibu with a large family. Olivia Newton John lived in Malibu. Then if they need to go hide some place cheap and get away then I recommend Battle Mountain, Nevada, where you can buy an acre of land for $1,000 still to this day, that is the best price on land in the USA, and it is good land where they can raise families, and they can do trade with San Francisco. So that is the advice for the Aussies here, Malibu is the best, and if you even need to just live cheap and be grateful on a lower budget then there is Battle Mountain.

50,000 Aussies is a good sized group. That is great, they are welcome here. People from all over the world come here, and the Aussies are just as welcome as everyone else. I see Aussies on the buses and trains, and they do "Walk Abouts" around Hollywood, they explore Hollywood on foot out walking. And Universal receives a lot of tourists from Australia and the Aussies love the City Walk.

And for Defense, Edwards can help you, and NASA, and Northrop, and Lockeed, etc, and the submarine builders in Newport News, Virginia. Also be sure to get the equipment to jam and crash the enemy drones, etc, and get missile defense items from the USA, the Navy can help you, and the Air Force, etc. And the Aussies who live here can get jobs helping to build the Defense items here, I am sure China Lake hires the Aussies, and Edwards, and NASA, etc, and Lockheed, and Northrop, etc.

And Newsom is going to give tax breaks for movies and for television shows.

The future is bright for the Aussies in Los Angeles.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: April 21, 2024, 10:25:25 PM »

Tony,
do you live anywhere near the beach where the other day a speedboat full of people raced from the ocean thru the waves and onto the beach...the occupants all jumping out, running up the beach and onto the street, then jumping into waiting SUVs and disappearing into the sunset?

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: April 21, 2024, 11:37:15 PM »

Tony,
do you live anywhere near the beach where the other day a speedboat full of people raced from the ocean thru the waves and onto the beach...the occupants all jumping out, running up the beach and onto the street, then jumping into waiting SUVs and disappearing into the sunset?

I have not heard about it.

I am 15 miles away from Huntington Beach, and about 5 miles away from Disneyland here in Anaheim. Hollywood is about 45 miles away, and Malibu is 53 miles away according to Siri. Mexico is 100 miles away from where I am at. John Wayne lived in Newport Beach which is 20 miles away from where I am at here in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 11:46:54 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: April 21, 2024, 11:47:02 PM »

Tony,

There were two future congress people and a Supreme Court justice in that lot. They have the initiative it takes to get ahead.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: April 22, 2024, 12:31:38 AM »

It was in Carlsbad...

https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/us-news/speedboat-carrying-dozens-of-migrants-seen-coming-ashore-california-beach/

Carlsbad is beautiful, it is a beautiful and safe area for the Aussies. San Diego County is the 2nd safest county in California, following Ventura County. Orange County is 3rd.

My Mother's cousin owned an Avocado Grove in Carlsbad, he made enough from the avocados to live for free while he coached teen basketball, and he opened a BMW automobile dealership for his son in Carlsbad as a family business.

Carlsbad is very nice, it is a nice safe area with good people.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: April 22, 2024, 01:49:36 AM »

I was just there today. Went to Poinsettia dog park and had lunch at the airport. Just a hop, skip and a jump from my home.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: April 22, 2024, 04:08:21 AM »

I was just there today. Went to Poinsettia dog park and had lunch at the airport. Just a hop, skip and a jump from my home.

You could apply to become a border patrol agent..a short walk to work.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: April 22, 2024, 05:03:10 AM »

I just went to Carlsbad...bet Legoland is an interesting place.

Look at all those houses on the sandy clifftop in San Diego county, a whisker from the edge.

Who on earth allowed them to be built there, that close to the edge?
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: April 22, 2024, 05:09:54 AM »

Thought there were supposed to be permanent Coast Guard patrols stopping boats [including speed boats] launching from Mexico and sneaking 'around' the border line and landing on US soil.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: April 22, 2024, 05:15:14 AM »

bambuworld...

A man returned to a small central west town and allegedly murdered his former girlfriend just 15 days after being granted bail on charges he violently and sexually attacked her multiple times.

#####

Another perfect reason why all the good people need to carry guns.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 564