Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1619399 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5745 on: November 07, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »

Cut it out already

Let the guy lead the nation, for God's sake.
Why?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: November 07, 2018, 05:18:23 PM »

He's the 'Christian' West's only hope.
Not any version of Christian I ascribe to.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: November 07, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »

Cut it out already

Why?

I'm pretty sure kid meant, " Let the guy loot the nation. for God's sake."

I mean with cheating the IRS of $500 million in back taxes, running up a trillon dollar deficit with his recent tax scam, and twisting and exploiting the emoluments clause into his personal Santa Claus, what else could kid mean?   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: November 07, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »

Cut it out already

Why?

This is where kiidcarter8 and those like him give away the game.  There is simply no objective argument for letting Trump roam without oversight.  Just the facts:  Refusing to release his tax returns, past business dealings with known criminal Russian oligarchs, known history in money laundering, Tax evasion, Trump University, his now known involvement in campaign finance fraud, numerous high level campaign and cabinet officials indicted…

Not to mention the constant and provable lies and his general belief, admitted to often by him, that the wheels of government are there to serve him and his interests.  Catch the news on how just today the Pentagon is renaming their “operation” at the southern border?  How is that Caravan looking right now, anyway?  And clear that his principle concern with the Democratic takeover of the House is how it will effect investigations of him and his.  Sessions fired only because he refused to (illegally) shield Trump from a legitimate investigation.

A Trump Supporter might argue that all the criminal behavior is in the past.  They can express confidence that he is all above board,  and being straight, and appearance to the contrary (as in, his behaving like he is fucking guilty as hell) is coincidental.  We could disagree on that, but it’s a point of view. 

But to argue that we should just let the guy be?  What possible justification is there for that position?  You give it away…you either don’t care if Trump engages in corrupt/criminal behavior while President, or you think oversight of the Executive is illegitimate.  I’m quite sure (thinking back to all of three years ago)  that it isn’t the later.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: November 07, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »

Gridlock is good.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: November 07, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »

Cut it out already

Why?

This is where kiidcarter8 and those like him give away the game.  There is simply no objective argument for letting Trump roam without oversight.  Just the facts:  Refusing to release his tax returns, past business dealings with known criminal Russian oligarchs, known history in money laundering, Tax evasion, Trump University, his now known involvement in campaign finance fraud, numerous high level campaign and cabinet officials indicted…

Not to mention the constant and provable lies and his general belief, admitted to often by him, that the wheels of government are there to serve him and his interests.  Catch the news on how just today the Pentagon is renaming their “operation” at the southern border?  How is that Caravan looking right now, anyway?  And clear that his principle concern with the Democratic takeover of the House is how it will effect investigations of him and his.  Sessions fired only because he refused to (illegally) shield Trump from a legitimate investigation.

A Trump Supporter might argue that all the criminal behavior is in the past.  They can express confidence that he is all above board,  and being straight, and appearance to the contrary (as in, his behaving like he is fucking guilty as hell) is coincidental.  We could disagree on that, but it’s a point of view. 

But to argue that we should just let the guy be?  What possible justification is there for that position?  You give it away…you either don’t care if Trump engages in corrupt/criminal behavior while President, or you think oversight of the Executive is illegitimate.  I’m quite sure (thinking back to all of three years ago)  that it isn’t the later.
I was thinking the more important oversight subject for the democrats is the embarassing job Trump’s makeup technicians do. Can’t they cover the obvious light shades around his eyes from the sun lamp?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: November 07, 2018, 06:18:14 PM »

On election day 2016 we as a nation accepted that for the first time in our nation’s history we would allow our President to maintain financial ties to his global business despite the numerous opportunities for grift and corruption that this arrangement would present.  Forget that the President associates with criminals and has engaged in illegal activity himself to a degree that is absolutely unprecedented for a POTUS.  Forget that the President has not followed through on promises he made before the election to create some separation (blind trust?  Is he giving away foreign profits to the hotel in DC?) Forget that his sons continue to lobby foreign governments for Trump projects…

…for anyone Its common sense that if we allow that arrangement to move forward, it would need to be done with some oversight.  Kiidcarter8 and REDSTATEWARD would have zero trouble seeing the sense in that if Trump was a (D).  This is clear after we endured months of “SOLYNDRA!” But Republicans have not only allowed Trump to proceed with zero oversight, they trumpeted their intention to continue to do so as a selling point going in to the midterms.

This is bonkers.  And sorry, if you really can’t see that you are a pure party-over-country partisan of the very worst type.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »

Nothing to see here:

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1060284515992641544

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: November 07, 2018, 07:10:29 PM »

Congress can pass gun control, private prison ban, drinking water safety, solar freedom (preventing utilities from squashing solar), and public option bills. They can pass a bill authorizing the post office to operate personal banking services.

While waiting for the corrupt immoral and incompetent Senate to pick any of these bills up, they can investigate the shit out of the trump klan, the dirty dirty GOP, NRA, KKK, GRU, Fox axis, and the petroleum industry as well as all the rapey new GOP judges.

The new American Majority can pass these bills and have the subpoenas flying by Valentines Day.

To what end, pass such bills? To be like the GOP's endless "repeal Obamacare" efforts?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: November 07, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »

On election day 2016 we as a nation accepted that for the first time in our nation’s history we would allow our President to maintain financial ties to his global business despite the numerous opportunities for grift and corruption that this arrangement would present.  Forget that the President associates with criminals and has engaged in illegal activity himself to a degree that is absolutely unprecedented for a POTUS.  Forget that the President has not followed through on promises he made before the election to create some separation (blind trust?  Is he giving away foreign profits to the hotel in DC?) Forget that his sons continue to lobby foreign governments for Trump projects…

…for anyone Its common sense that if we allow that arrangement to move forward, it would need to be done with some oversight.  Kiidcarter8 and REDSTATEWARD would have zero trouble seeing the sense in that if Trump was a (D).  This is clear after we endured months of “SOLYNDRA!” But Republicans have not only allowed Trump to proceed with zero oversight, they trumpeted their intention to continue to do so as a selling point going in to the midterms.

This is bonkers.  And sorry, if you really can’t see that you are a pure party-over-country partisan of the very worst type.
I guess you avoid mirrors.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: November 07, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »

Congress can pass gun control, private prison ban, drinking water safety, solar freedom (preventing utilities from squashing solar), and public option bills. They can pass a bill authorizing the post office to operate personal banking services.

While waiting for the corrupt immoral and incompetent Senate to pick any of these bills up, they can investigate the shit out of the trump klan, the dirty dirty GOP, NRA, KKK, GRU, Fox axis, and the petroleum industry as well as all the rapey new GOP judges.

The new American Majority can pass these bills and have the subpoenas flying by Valentines Day.

To what end, pass such bills? To be like the GOP's endless "repeal Obamacare" efforts?
I don’t think you really thought that one through.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: November 07, 2018, 07:15:46 PM »

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article114963103.html

That would be fantastic!

I mean, if he won't appoint somebody thoughtful and competent, which he won't, an incompetent ideologue seems about perfect!

Plus, to the best of my knowledge, Kobach doesn't have this thing about pot that Sessions did.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: November 07, 2018, 07:16:32 PM »

Cut it out already

Why?

And I was being so nice......
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 4288