Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1653555 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20340 on: September 17, 2019, 05:28:07 PM »

He started flunking remedial sociopath once Roy Cohn was no longer around to change his answers. For a number of years editors have tried to clean it up in postproduction, but for this fish the head rot set in a long time ago.

Sorry to hear about Mrs. Nance.

Dump
Creepy
Trump

Republicans
Rape
Together
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #20341 on: September 17, 2019, 06:23:03 PM »

The leaker is probably not Trump, since technically he cannot violate that statute. My money is on Kushner.

Just curious - is there just one statute?  And could not the potus violating it be impeachable?  Or abetting someone else to violate it?
The president has the right to declassify anything. He can be impeached for misusing that power, but not with the current Republican eunuchs in the Senate.

See what you mean.  Impeachment only has to get a spotlight on what 45 has done, not be successful.   I've come around to thinking it's worth doing, to erode his support among the passive middle - I realize it would not penetrate the armor of his True Believers.  He could hand the missile launch codes to Putin in a gala ceremony in Yankee stadium and the TBs would still love him, and his Senate psychophants would stick with him.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: September 17, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »

I think the fault with the current Democratic crowd is in thinking President Trump is not ADDING to his stable of "believers".  Big night last night in New Mexico.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: September 17, 2019, 07:20:35 PM »

I think the fault with the current Democratic crowd is in thinking President Trump is not ADDING to his stable of "believers".  Big night last night in New Mexico.
I think that maybe 1 of the 2 people in the crowd that were not already Trump supporters.was impressed
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20344 on: September 17, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »

heh...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20345 on: September 17, 2019, 07:30:17 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: September 17, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »

Speaking of ages coming to an end.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1886145
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20348 on: September 17, 2019, 09:23:20 PM »

Speaking of ages coming to an end.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1886145

Risk finally outweighing reward for the industry.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20349 on: September 17, 2019, 09:30:13 PM »

“I never met her. She never treated me nicely. But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional, and I respect professionals. I respect you guys a lot, you people a lot. She was a real professional," Trump stated.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-on-cokie-roberts-i-never-met-her-she-never-treated-me-nicely

Cokie Roberts calls Trump on his racist bullshit in March 2016.

https://twitter.com/morning_joe/status/707548109832736768?s=21

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: September 17, 2019, 09:40:05 PM »

“I never met her. She never treated me nicely. But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional, and I respect professionals. I respect you guys a lot, you people a lot. She was a real professional," Trump stated.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-on-cokie-roberts-i-never-met-her-she-never-treated-me-nicely

Cokie Roberts calls Trump on his racist bullshit in March 2016.

https://twitter.com/morning_joe/status/707548109832736768?s=21

I think this one is from his loss of mental capacity rather than his usual casual lying.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: September 17, 2019, 10:07:12 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

oilcan

« Reply #20353 on: September 18, 2019, 09:32:26 AM »

The new report illustrates that abortions are decreasing in all parts of the country, whether in Republican-controlled states seeking to restrict abortion access or in Democratic-run states protecting abortion rights. Between 2011 and 2017, abortion rates increased in only five states and the District of Columbia.

One reason for the decline in abortions is that fewer women are becoming pregnant. The Guttmacher Institute noted that the birth rate, as well as the abortion rate, declined during the years covered by the new report. A likely factor, the report said, is increased accessibility of contraception since 2011, as the Affordable Care Act required most private health insurance plans to cover contraceptives without out-of-pocket costs.   

A touch of irony that a Democratic initiative may have done more to reduce abortions than all the "pro-life" marching and clinic harassing. 

barton

« Reply #20354 on: September 18, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »

Rep. Ilhan Omar on Wednesday accused President Trump of spreading “lies that put my life at risk” after the president retweeted a post falsely claiming that the Minnesota Democrat “partied on the anniversary of 9/11.”

Omar said the video of her dancing was taken not on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks but at a Congressional Black Caucus event. Earlier Wednesday, Trump had retweeted a post by conservative actor and comedian Terrence K. Williams claiming that the video of Omar dancing was taken on the anniversary of the attacks. The original video appears to have been taken Sept. 13.

“This is from a CBC event we hosted this weekend to celebrate black women in Congress,” Omar said in a tweet. “The President of the United States is continuing to spread lies that put my life at risk. What is Twitter doing to combat this misinformation?”
  - WaPo

Is there no lie so vile that the "President" would refrain from tweeting it?  Apparently not.  If the Gen Xers and Millenials start looking back in a few decades and decide to blame us Boomers for the condition of the world, I hope someone reminds all those political geniuses that they decided they were too "busy" to VOTE.  They got exactly the "president" that they deserve for that attitude. 
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 4288