Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 922003 times)

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Sacramento
« Reply #9210 on: December 08, 2019, 01:13:50 AM »

DSJ and Randle for Harrison Barnes who is shooting 48.5 39.4 83.3 the last 10 games.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6578/harrison-barnes

Works for me.  Better than that Kevin Love, et al crap somebody is slinging.

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9211 on: December 08, 2019, 01:19:47 AM »

Julius Randle trades...

No

Thank you.

Why not?

Excellent question. Meanwhile, I didn't see the game so I have nothing to say except that judging by the starting lineup, the new coach probably has cojones the size of pigeon peas. Meanwhile, the Mavs point differential is now best in the west leading me to believe that shortly, since that stat rarely lies, those draft picks will be worth less than doo doo, much like the player who accompanied them.

Hold on there.  Getting rid of Darko and whats his name was a trade made in heaven.

DSJ was obvious crap thrown in. Fool's (or should I say Fizz's) gold.

Dallas ain't going anywhere.  KP will go drama queen any day now - may even get moved at the deadline.

Draft picks are never doo doo.

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear some
« Reply #9212 on: December 08, 2019, 01:21:49 AM »

Julius Randle trades...

No

Please. Set him free.  He doesn't belong here.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: December 08, 2019, 01:22:30 AM »

I was going to try Randle trades a few weeks back.
But which playoff level team wants an inside bull who doesn't defend the rim, isos a lot, ain't doing 3's this year?  You need to find a team with shooters and a rim protector who need inside scoring, and willing to take on 2 more years of a not cheap contract.  Randle something of an anachronism.  In a better structured environment, he'd likely pass better and lose the ball less.  But right now Low Value is another issue with him.

I'd expect any team the Knix call offering Randle the other team would counter with What about Morris.  Morris like the anti-Randle, a guy who is playing well, would fit nicely on almost any team, with no longterm cap hit.

And when the Knix call, wouldn't teams know that our front office is somewhat desperate, trying to retain their jobs by making trades since nothing else worked?  Aren't we looking to make deals from a position of (organizational) weakness?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: December 08, 2019, 01:23:44 AM »

Nothing to say.  Good effort.  Anyone taking a cheap shot at Julius can go fuck themselves.

Real nice sub adjustments by Miller.  You either have a proper feel for things or you don't.

In the need to know category - did Keith Smart get fired for defending Fizdale?  For being pissed about not getting Miller's spot?  Seems random otherwise.

Toward the end of the game Randall was out there trying to get a technical and Payton had to rope him in.  The man is dumber than a bag of nails.  Move him.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: December 08, 2019, 01:27:02 AM »

Smith showing glimmers

Looks like he glimmered into a 1 Pt 0-fer shooting night with 2 Turnovers.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: December 08, 2019, 01:50:20 AM »

I was going to try Randle trades a few weeks back.
But which playoff level team wants an inside bull who doesn't defend the rim, isos a lot, ain't doing 3's this year?  You need to find a team with shooters and a rim protector who need inside scoring, and willing to take on 2 more years of a not cheap contract.  Randle something of an anachronism.  In a better structured environment, he'd likely pass better and lose the ball less.  But right now Low Value is another issue with him.

I'd expect any team the Knix call offering Randle the other team would counter with What about Morris.  Morris like the anti-Randle, a guy who is playing well, would fit nicely on almost any team, with no longterm cap hit.

And when the Knix call, wouldn't teams know that our front office is somewhat desperate, trying to retain their jobs by making trades since nothing else worked?  Aren't we looking to make deals from a position of (organizational) weakness?

You have to set a context for a Randall trade.

With Miller, the FO still believes in the rebuild.  We don't know for how long but with Miller it stands a chance.

That chance is dependent on wins - virtually nothing else will matter.There's nobody in Free Agency worth holding our breath about in the near future.  So cap space means little without depending on a lot of luck.  The Knicks aren't leprechauns.

So, a good hard pruning with an eye on useful talent despite unpalatable contracts will be the order of the day.

Randall is such a misfit here that taking a hit is inevitable.  He does have value to certain contending teams or teams wanting to move their own versions of Randall.

SA trying to move Aldridge.  Randall, DSJ, and Knox work.  He would at least give MR a mentor.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: December 08, 2019, 01:52:38 AM »

Smith showing glimmers

DSJ actually had a couple of heads up, hustle plays.  Hopefully that makes him tradeable.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: December 08, 2019, 02:20:54 AM »

There's nobody in Free Agency worth holding our breath about in the near future.  So cap space means little without depending on a lot of luck. 

So, a good hard pruning with an eye on useful talent despite unpalatable contracts will be the order of the day.

Randall is such a misfit here that taking a hit is inevitable.  He does have value to certain contending teams or teams wanting to move their own versions of Randall.

SA trying to move Aldridge.  Randall, DSJ, and Knox work.  He would at least give MR a mentor.

Doesn't SA want to move LMA because he's aging, doesn't protect the rim and is Mr. Mid-range on a team without outside shooters?
So they would trade him for Randle, a guy with a similarly flawed profile?

Really Rudy Gay is doing just fine in a Randle role already.  So Randle would just downgrade from LMA and take Rudy's spot.  I'd take Rudy's contributions over Randle.

Can't believe Pop would want Jr. Smith.
Then again why would the Knix want LMA?
Maybe we could knickname him The Big Melo.
While LMA is a slow-footed defender, not sure how he mentors Mitch, unless he teaches him feathery 16 foot turnaround J's. (beyond unlikely).

You're right that SA needs a shake-up.
But DeJounte-Randle-Poetl would be horrible spacing.
But they need to acquire shooters.  A guy like KZ.  Or Kawhi.

You know where's a good fit for LMA ... in Portland ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: December 08, 2019, 02:26:37 AM »

DSJ is neither tradeable or playable. Miller had zero practices. I’m not surprised he kept the starting unit and same general rotation. There was much less switching, and when switches happened, our guys hustled back to their original man. It wasn’t great consistently, but it made sense and can be improved. Our offensive spacing would be the next thing to work on. More changes to come.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: December 08, 2019, 02:32:51 AM »

IND was on the 2nd game of a Road B2B at the tail end of a 5 game road trip.  And without Brogdon.  So the schedule helped the Knix a good deal.

I would have waited for the INDy loss and maybe the road trip as well before firing Fizz.  But it seems teams like to fire a coach just before long road trips.  The theory is that teams can bond more on the Road where they have little to do.  But I think the main purpose is the front office gets the team out of the city, minimizing media scrutiny and taking the heat off themselves.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: December 08, 2019, 02:57:59 AM »

Smith showing glimmers

DSJ actually had a couple of heads up, hustle plays.  Hopefully that makes him tradeable.

1Q
Jr. Smith dies on a MyTurn screen, Holiday gets an open j.
Smith doesn't get back on D and Holiday dribbles 75' for a layup with Smith running next to him.
3:20 smith drives and thuds a layup off the backboard.

1Q looked pretty good for the Knix except for Smith.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: December 08, 2019, 03:58:13 AM »

MyTurn blocked a helluva lot of Knick shots in cruch time.
Including Randle (again, again) with :01 left (but Holiday called for a foul).

MyTurn with a pair of blocks on 2 of the Knix last 3 possessions.  Don't think I've ever seen a guy block 4 shots in the last minute (1:10) like that -- okay the 4th block was negated by Holiday's foul.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:01:16 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: December 08, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »

The team looked  much more together tonite.   They didn't fall apart when things got tough. Good 4th quarter effort. Considering Miller didn't have any time to prepare, nice start. 

Miller has a good chance to get head coach if he gets this team to hustle on a nightly basis. The effort on both ends will win games. .

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: December 08, 2019, 09:49:29 AM »

There's nobody in Free Agency worth holding our breath about in the near future.  So cap space means little without depending on a lot of luck. 

Doesn't SA want to move LMA because he's aging, doesn't protect the rim and is Mr. Mid-range on a team without outside shooters?
So they would trade him for Randle, a guy with a similarly flawed profile?

Really Rudy Gay is doing just fine in a Randle role already.  So Randle would just downgrade from LMA and take Rudy's spot.  I'd take Rudy's contributions over Randle.

Can't believe Pop would want Jr. Smith.
Then again why would the Knix want LMA?
Maybe we could knickname him The Big Melo.
While LMA is a slow-footed defender, not sure how he mentors Mitch, unless he teaches him feathery 16 foot turnaround J's. (beyond unlikely).

You're right that SA needs a shake-up.
But DeJounte-Randle-Poetl would be horrible spacing.
But they need to acquire shooters.  A guy like KZ.  Or Kawhi.

You know where's a good fit for LMA ... in Portland ...

Oh, I'd just be happy with  some BBIQ coming this way.  SA has a number of kids, one of whom could be sent our way as well - mostly unknowns.

For SA, Knox who still has potential would be the lure.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1848