Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3342 3343 [3344] 3345 3346 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1657260 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Trump Administration
« Reply #50145 on: September 11, 2020, 11:34:48 PM »

Trump back below 40%.

Here’s why,

http://www.salon.com/2020/09/11/trump-youre-no-fdr-or-winston-churchill--but-youre-a-lot-like-charles-lindbergh/

Wow!

Trump compared his public lies about the seriousness of the pandemic to FDR's famous "fear itself" quote and falsely claimed that Churchill gave speeches from the rooftops when "Hitler was bombing London."

Who among us can forget when Churchill reassured the British public that "one day ... like a miracle" the Nazis "will disappear"?

Or when FDR, in addressing the nation after the Pearl Harbor attacks, insisted that "99%" of the bombings were "totally harmless" and fears about the spread of fascism were a "new hoax" perpetuated by shady deep-state conspirators?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50146 on: September 11, 2020, 11:38:15 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/11/exclusive-trump-officials-interfered-with-cdc-reports-on-covid-19-412809

You can’t believe a word coming from republican cheat world.

Covid, like everything else, is much worse under their care than they’d like to let on.

Corruption that started in the households of folks like Red and Kiid has crawled and crept its way all through the government through false moralizations and increasingly thinly disguised racism.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50147 on: September 11, 2020, 11:56:20 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/11/exclusive-trump-officials-interfered-with-cdc-reports-on-covid-19-412809

You can’t believe a word coming from republican cheat world.

Covid, like everything else, is much worse under their care than they’d like to let on.

So little integrity, top to bottom in this administration.

So little integrity in the followers, as well.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #50148 on: September 12, 2020, 12:19:37 AM »

Trump compared his public lies about the seriousness of the pandemic to FDR's famous "fear itself" quote and falsely claimed that Churchill gave speeches from the rooftops when "Hitler was bombing London."

Not long ago Trump was comparing himself to Lincoln.

Shouldn't Trump be roundly mocked for such idiotic self-aggrandizement in the face of a huge national crisis caused by Trump's own failures?

This ish just isn't normal.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50149 on: September 12, 2020, 12:41:20 AM »

The people who have been protesting every night in Portland, they are now mobilizing full force to help people being evacuated.  Just tonight I saw accounts of people dropping off pallets of water at shelters, transporting evacuees without cars, delivering free gas masks to vulnerable people in evacuations zones, and organizing to get homeless people indoors.  They are tireless. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #50150 on: September 12, 2020, 12:46:24 AM »

"The Democrats who control this state, have been in charge of the legislature, and hold every statewide office have failed to take care of forestry management in California," Gallagher told host Tucker Carlson. "We have overgrown forests with brush piles ten feet high and dead and dying trees and it's a tinderbox waiting for a spark.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-wildfires-newsom-democrats-tinderbox-failed-management

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50151 on: September 12, 2020, 01:22:39 AM »

Gallagher should grab a bucket. Republican land management influence in California was fully weaponized by the time of governor reagan. We reap what tawdry white shitheels sow in America. Shitheels circle jerk and try to pass the responsibility off. You apparently tune in to this absurd morbid ritual. Why?

George Hoover Bush, or whatever the current imposter is calling himself, has a fire Katrina in the midst of his slow rolling Pearl Harbor-9/11 on the backdrop of a serious and on its way to Great Depression. His response is to begin seceding from The Union, raising his fuckwad idiot flag, and launching a hot bloody civil war.

God does not like us allowing our selves to in anyway elevate a trump. It’s very much a Golden Calf - Sodom and Gomorrah type of thing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:25:01 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #50152 on: September 12, 2020, 10:01:13 AM »

Gallagher obviously knows little about forest ecosystems.   If you remove slash and deadfalls,  rather than let it decay naturally in place,  the forest gradually starves of nutrients and weakens,  holding less carbon,  letting more water runoff (IOW floods worsen), and less timber that could be sustainably harvested.   Before affluent folks with cabins were so numerous out there,  and wielding so much political pressure,  controlled burns (which are how nature has returned nutrients to the soil in natural cycles) would have been the better management option.   USFS is actually trying to move towards controlled burns in some remoter areas.   

barton

« Reply #50153 on: September 12, 2020, 10:05:21 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-ben-sasses-big-idea-get-cameras-out-of-senate-hearings

Not all Sasse's ideas are gems,  but the switch to transcripts,  so Senators aren't performing for a camera,  has some merit.   Worth reading the whole thing.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #50154 on: September 12, 2020, 10:30:55 AM »

Not long ago Trump was comparing himself to Lincoln.

Shouldn't Trump be roundly mocked for such idiotic self-aggrandizement in the face of a huge national crisis caused by Trump's own failures?

This ish just isn't normal.

Even though large tracts of America is in flames and have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Antifa and all the odious apparatus of far-left rule, I shall not flag or fail. I shall go on to the end.

I shall lie to our country whatever the cost may be. I shall lie on the beaches, I shall lie on the landing grounds, I shall lie in the fields and in the streets, I shall lie in press conferences, and on the campaign trail.

Queen E2 should tell Trump she knew Winston Churchill and that he is no Winston Churchill, or tell him to fuck-off!

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50155 on: September 12, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »

WTF do I waste my time with you? You cannot admit an error and you don't accept evidence.

If the forum had a way to downvote comments (like reddit) and after so many downvotes the post got removed this would be a better place.  Opinions need to have consequences or else there is no social pressure to conform to the mores of the culture.   This "say anything without consequences" attitude leads to more and more extreme and vile opinions. Kid and others feel emboldened to express more vile opinions from behind the safety of their keyboard without censure in a way they would never say in a public setting.

So, you're not a free speech supporter?

The way to defeat speech that is false, divisive, inflammatory, etc...is with more speech!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #50156 on: September 12, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »

This isn't a first amendment laboratory. It's a small message board. I've got no issues with deleting posts and banning posters when it's clear the post or poster is a mere troll.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 11:18:53 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #50157 on: September 12, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »

Why does Smokey Bear say to clean your campsite before departing?

Maybe the Finnish leader can tell us.

Jesus Christ.  You are as dumb as Trump.
While my scorn for Kid's "intellect" is well-noted, this is still not possible.

Have you a 150 IQ?

He has 150 times your IQ. That is obvious, though in your favor you can shove more objects into your asshole. Aside from that, society doesn’t seem to demand much of you. You may be alright, despite all your faulty mental wiring.

Not for nothing but anyone I’ve ever met who mentioned their IQ or asserted a membership in MENSA was a total tool.

IQ is a useless to the educator.

I prefer the theory of multiple intelligences by Gardner and the concept of Grit and the Grit Scale that is being explored by Duckworth.

Each of those has their own flaws, however, they promote examining learners with regard to their individual interests and their personal ability to persist in the face of challenge.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #50158 on: September 12, 2020, 11:06:29 AM »

I'm not sure if kid was implying he had an IQ of 150, but that Trump did.

Has Trump ever claimed an IQ of 150, or just that he was a " very stable genius"?

He may have downplayed his genuis.

And fwiw, since when had "downplay" been a substitute for "lieing his ass off"?

Lex Luthor's IQ is estimated to be 225... Batman's? 192...Albert Einstein? Between 160 and 180.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #50159 on: September 12, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »

"The Democrats who control this state, have been in charge of the legislature, and hold every statewide office have failed to take care of forestry management in California," Gallagher told host Tucker Carlson. "We have overgrown forests with brush piles ten feet high and dead and dying trees and it's a tinderbox waiting for a spark.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-wildfires-newsom-democrats-tinderbox-failed-management

This is the Trump Party's version of "burn, baby, burn!"
Pages: 1 ... 3342 3343 [3344] 3345 3346 ... 4288