Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3797 3798 [3799] 3800 3801 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1636569 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56970 on: November 13, 2020, 09:06:53 PM »

"Some degree of abuse is inseparable from the thing itself"
- James Madison

Overall, the election was much closer than it should have been.
But the final results were fairly good at the presidential level.
Biden flipped back the 3 Midwest states Trump narrowly won in '16.
Also flipped AZ and GA, GOP strongholds not long ago.
306-232.

Florida was a disappointment.  As is the fact that OH and IA were not terribly close.
With NV, AZ, NM, & CO, really the West is even.  The GOP gets more states, but emptier ones. 
The EV's are just about even.

Obviously the next step is NC and shoring up GA.
Dems could have the entire Eastern seaboard except SC and FLA.
And at some point, Dems will crack FLA.

Again too many real close states this go.
But at least they fell BLUE for the first time in a long time.

GA on everybody's minds.

Next step is to expand efforts in Alabama and Mississippi.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56971 on: November 13, 2020, 09:10:34 PM »

The excuses start already

"The Trump administration is leaving Joe Biden a hot mess when it comes to COVID"

- Juan Williams, Fox News

Where’s the lie?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56972 on: November 13, 2020, 09:12:15 PM »

"It is a blessing that we have so many vaccine candidates - on the threshold - and that credit has to be given to this administration and this NATION.  Without this nation, these vaccines would not have been possible"

AMEN

Pfizer would like to disagree. So would the Russians and Chinese.

Me? I am willing to give them credit for having pushed to get them done, brickbats for trying to push things through prematurely, and a grade of incomplete on finishing the job.

Plus... it would be far less urgent, if Trump had just done his job.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56973 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »

Well run - and kind of celebratory presser today - complete with reports from key figures in COVID fight - and a zing at Governor Cuomo.

Thanks for the great work, Trump/Pence administration

Too bad for the press that they were unable to blurt out their asshat questioning.

----

So, do I have this right - Biden is planning on getting rid of the leaders of this operation, General Perna and the lead doctor?

As evidenced by this presser Trump has something in common with dogs; both can lick their own balls.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56974 on: November 13, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »

Elitist Andrew Yang , former corporate lawyer and democrat presidential candidate ( he won all of 22 delegates), and Ivy League educated egghead, is moving his family to Georgia and hoping he can vote in the Senate run-off elections.

Moreover he is suggesting other democrats do the same.
He was joined in that advice by fellow leftist Thomas Friedman a columnist of the New York Times.

Both Yang and Friedman are encouraging FRAUD!

It is illegal — a felony, in fact — to move to Georgia solely with the intention of voting, and not to establish a permanent residence.

It is also illegal to vote in a Georgia runoff if you have already voted in a Senate race in the general election in another state.

If Yang and his family move to Georgia for the sole purpose of voting in the runoff elections and have  cast votes in previous Senate race then they are pretty stupid.

But then, Yang is a partisan politician.

I guess Friedman removed all doubt as to what he is.

I’m sure they’ll have no trouble getting the appropriate yet unnecessary PHOTO ID.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56975 on: November 13, 2020, 09:23:07 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #56976 on: November 13, 2020, 09:39:26 PM »

Elitist Andrew Yang , former corporate lawyer and democrat presidential candidate ( he won all of 22 delegates), and Ivy League educated egghead, is moving his family to Georgia and hoping he can vote in the Senate run-off elections.

He was joined in that advice by fellow leftist Thomas Friedman a columnist of the New York Times.

It is illegal — a felony, in fact — to move to Georgia solely with the intention of voting, and not to establish a permanent residence.

It is also illegal to vote in a Georgia runoff if you have already voted in a Senate race in the general election in another state.

If Yang and his family move to Georgia for the sole purpose of voting in the runoff elections and have  cast votes in previous Senate race then they are pretty stupid.

I’m sure they’ll have no trouble getting the appropriate yet unnecessary PHOTO ID.
For what?  Buying beer at the Piggly Wiggly?
LOL

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56977 on: November 13, 2020, 09:56:23 PM »

Why do hate America?

No links,  no evidence,  no reason to think this account is true and accurate.   We can dismiss it,  on that basis.
Go ahead
Prove me wrong.
I dare you.

LOL!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56978 on: November 13, 2020, 09:57:19 PM »

Too fucking funny.

Ward is accusing somebody else of being a partisan, with Mitch McConnell in the Senate and Donald Trump (still) in the White House.

You have no idea whether Yang would establish permanent residence there or not nor whether or for whom he voted in his prior Senate race this year.

But you could have. It's a matter of public record, but you preferred to make stupid accusations, instead.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56979 on: November 13, 2020, 09:59:03 PM »

At least he didnt say "hasitasi HA", bitches!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56980 on: November 13, 2020, 10:08:29 PM »

Go ahead
Prove me wrong.

Nobody can prove anything to you, shithead.

We've demonstrated things to you, shared facts with you, and broken things down for you piece by fucking piece, but it never matters.

I did not coin the phrase "lie, deny, and obfuscate" about you out of thin air. You LIVE that approach to anything that disagrees with what you have claimed.

You cannot even admit when you misspell something.

So, I proved that Yang would be breaking the law by voting for Ossoff and Warner. It has been shown that it is not a felony for him to move there and establish a household and vote.

Prove you are not a lying shithead.

Go ahead.

I dare you.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:26:52 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56981 on: November 13, 2020, 10:25:38 PM »

It's been 100 days since our average daily death rate was this high. August 5th. The next mark is August 4th. Might take us a day to get there.

The one after that is May 24th - nearly 25 weeks ago.

It would still be a steep climb to pass our high for average deaths, just over double the current rate. I'm still hoping we won't get there, but with assholes like Ward spreading misinformation about masks, I fear it is all too likely that we will.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #56982 on: November 13, 2020, 10:40:15 PM »

You have no idea whether Yang would establish permanent residence there or not nor whether or for whom he voted in his prior Senate race this year.

Might want to re-read my post. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56983 on: November 13, 2020, 10:42:13 PM »

Kid wants me to chill, while the LIAR-in-Chief he continues to support keeps saying crap like this:

“We test far more than any other country so it shows obviously more cases."

Again, our daily cases have QUADRUPLED. Our testing has not. And our death rate is up about 57% in a hair under four weeks.

Shockingly enough, the death rate does not increase as a result of increased testing.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56984 on: November 13, 2020, 10:44:16 PM »

Might want to re-read my post.

Meaningless response illustrating my point.

You have no ability to point to a thing in your post that counters what I said, so you don't, while pretending that it does.

Like I said, Ward:

PROVE that you are not a shithead. Behave like somebody who can illustrate a point, instead of perpetually claiming that others just cannot fathom your simple prose.

I dare you.
Pages: 1 ... 3797 3798 [3799] 3800 3801 ... 4288