Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121789 times)

Holly Martins

Re: News in General
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2022, 09:56:14 AM »

Shocking and saddening news from Japan.  The weapon was reported to be handmade.

With a population of 125 million, Japan had only 10 gun-related criminal cases last year, resulting in one death and four injuries, according to police. Eight of those cases were gang-related. Tokyo had no gun incidents, injuries or deaths in the same year, although 61 guns were seized.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:07:52 AM by Barton3.0 »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2022, 03:31:43 PM »

Reportedly New York wants to look at your Social Media records now before they allow you to carry a gun. It is all bullshit, what part of "Shall not be infringed" do they not understand? Americans have the right to own guns, period. People need to stop trying to take 2nd Amendment rights away from Americans.

https://www.newsweek.com/gun-control-new-york-wants-make-you-submit-social-media-history-purchasing-1228579

And on the issue of Social Media, they lied and accused me of doing things I never did just because people disagreed with my political views, they accused me of supporting terrorism, and of associating with terrorists, and it is all bullshit. And they consider the Jan 6th people to be terrorists, and I was never associated with any of that, they see that I am a Republican and they assume I support Trump which I do NOT, I never voted for Trump, and I never supported Trump, I wanted Marco Rubio instead of Trump. Anyhow, it is all bullshit, and people are making up lies if they do not agree with you. I am really beginning to dislike Facebook, and I will never join TikTok.

I would like to buy America On Line and make it the new form of Social Media for Americans, I could make AOL great again, with new features to make it even better. AOL can be the social media for Americans. And I still have AOL, but it all needs to be updated, and there needs to be apps for my Apple to put AOL on my Apple, etc. I could make AOL great again.

Anyhow, guns are part of America, people need to stop trying to take guns away from Americans, and people need to learn how to live with guns. And people can buy guns and they can learn to shoot, and then they can shoot back to protect themselves and their families.

We also need to expand the hiring of armed guards for schools, and public places, etc, which will help to create jobs for veterans, etc.

Taking guns away from the good people will not help anyone, and we have a right to own guns in America.

And we have our whole Bill of Rights that we need to protect.

We also need to support our Constitution and all 3 branches of government, the President cannot just make an executive decision to over-rule the Supreme Court, the President needs to respect the Supreme Court.

We need to unite as Americans, and we need to stop trying to take rights away from other Americans.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2022, 03:52:48 PM »

Instead of fighting among ourselves as Americans, we need to work together as a team on issues that we all agree on, such as improving our economy, and helping our homeless people and our mentally ill, and helping our foster children, and improving education, and doing other good things. There are many things that Americans need to come together to do that we all agree on. And we can be a great force for good in the world, we could do a lot of good things instead of wasting time fighting over the most divisive issues.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:56:00 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »

Reportedly New York wants to look at your Social Media records now before they allow you to carry a gun. It is all bullshit, what part of "Shall not be infringed" do they not understand? Americans have the right to own guns, period. People need to stop trying to take 2nd Amendment rights away from Americans.

https://www.newsweek.com/gun-control-new-york-wants-make-you-submit-social-media-history-purchasing-1228579

And on the issue of Social Media, they lied and accused me of doing things I never did just because people disagreed with my political views, they accused me of supporting terrorism, and of associating with terrorists, and it is all bullshit. And they consider the Jan 6th people to be terrorists, and I was never associated with any of that, they see that I am a Republican and they assume I support Trump which I do NOT, I never voted for Trump, and I never supported Trump, I wanted Marco Rubio instead of Trump. Anyhow, it is all bullshit, and people are making up lies if they do not agree with you. I am really beginning to dislike Facebook, and I will never join TikTok.

I would like to buy America On Line and make it the new form of Social Media for Americans, I could make AOL great again, with new features to make it even better. AOL can be the social media for Americans. And I still have AOL, but it all needs to be updated, and there needs to be apps for my Apple to put AOL on my Apple, etc. I could make AOL great again.

Anyhow, guns are part of America, people need to stop trying to take guns away from Americans, and people need to learn how to live with guns. And people can buy guns and they can learn to shoot, and then they can shoot back to protect themselves and their families.

We also need to expand the hiring of armed guards for schools, and public places, etc, which will help to create jobs for veterans, etc.

Taking guns away from the good people will not help anyone, and we have a right to own guns in America.

We also need to support our Constitution and all 3 branches of government, the President cannot just make an executive decision to over-rule the Supreme Court, the President needs to respect the Supreme Court.

We need to unite as Americans, and we need to stop trying to take rights away from other Americans.

Salute,

Tony V.

You like dead kids, don't you?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2022, 11:39:24 PM »

Thanks, Kid.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2022, 11:11:50 AM »

You should see the other thread yesterday.  You would clean run out of thank yous.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Holly Martins

« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2022, 11:47:36 AM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »

On the issue of education...

I have a friend and her son just turned 18, and she asked for advice, she is full blooded Indian and lives in the forest away from any big cities. She used to live in my home town with me back when we were teens, and we went to parties together, and drive in movies, and I was friends with her Father, I used to hang out with her and her Dad a lot. Her son grew up in the forest, and he does not know anything about the world.

So, I told her to send him to our old hometown, to Lancaster, and he can get a job at In N Out Burger, and he can attend Antelope Valley College. Lancaster is a good town, and the In N Out Burger pays their managers $120,000 per year, and Antelope Valley College is a great community college where he can get a good education.

She liked my advice. She is a cool person, and I hope I helped. I wish her son the best, 18 years old and going to college, that is such a fun age.

Some people are saying to drop out of school and do construction labor, but that is a bullshit path. There are plenty of ignorant people to do manual labor. If you have a chance to get a good job and to go to college, then I recommend college. And you can meet your future wife in college.

But for the people who love to do construction, then by all means, and we need housing, so we need people to build housing. It is all about your own personal choice. But people need to have the option of going to college.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 03:28:30 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2022, 03:21:14 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Taking my guns away from me will not save children. You are only taking away my right to self defense. I have the right to own guns, and my right to own guns is protected in the Constitution.

The world is a hard, evil place, and you need to own guns for self defense. Or be rich and have body guards. When I am rich I will have body guards.

And the children in schools can have better security and more armed guards to protect them.

Of note, I worked security for Suzanne Pleshette, at Empire West, the stars all have security, the poor people need to have security too and the poor people have a right to self defense.

I know some very bad criminals who I do not want in my house, and I have a right to defend myself against people like that. I have a right to protect myself from evil people.

I love children, and my children will be protected by me with a gun.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2022, 05:43:31 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Taking my guns away from me will not save children. You are only taking away my right to self defense. I have the right to own guns, and my right to own guns is protected in the Constitution.

The world is a hard, evil place, and you need to own guns for self defense. Or be rich and have body guards. When I am rich I will have body guards.

And the children in schools can have better security and more armed guards to protect them.

Of note, I worked security for Suzanne Pleshette, at Empire West, the stars all have security, the poor people need to have security too and the poor people have a right to self defense.

I know some very bad criminals who I do not want in my house, and I have a right to defend myself against people like that. I have a right to protect myself from evil people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Your children are more likely to die with your gun being in the house, or kill each other, or you. Or you are more likely to kill yourself.

The evil in the world is not healed by gun possession, but is in fact exacerbated.

School children need the security of growing up and knowing that the adults in their world are not armed with millitary grade weapons. 

Your support for your alleged "right" is a detriment to our society.

Idiot.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2022, 06:38:35 PM »

Tony doesn't believe in science or statistics.

All the facts that contradict what he wants to believe have about as much chance convincing him as they do Ward or Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2022, 09:19:22 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Salute,

Tony V.

Your children are more likely to die with your gun being in the house, or kill each other, or you. Or you are more likely to kill yourself.

The evil in the world is not healed by gun possession, but is in fact exacerbated.

School children need the security of growing up and knowing that the adults in their world are not armed with millitary grade weapons. 

Idiot.

That's one opinion

And a lost debate.  Can't keep from using the immature tongue.  Sad.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2022, 10:11:59 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Salute,

Tony V.

Idiot.

That's one opinion

And a lost debate.  Can't keep from using the immature tongue.  Sad.

/snort/

Kid chiding somebody else for "the immature tongue."

Laughable.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 577