Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 589

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 127550 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2880 on: February 25, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »

Colombia elected a new President in 2022, and they elected a former rebel guerilla from M-19, and now Colombia is friends with Venezuela again. I do not like the sound of it.

But, he is a Catholic, and his wife recently held a private meeting with Pope Francis at the Vatican. Pope Francis is a man of peace, and generosity.

There was an actor named Paul Robeson, and he was a Communist, he ended up getting black listed along with Uta Hagen. What saved Paul Robeson is that he discovered the Catholic Church, and he saw the Brotherly Love of Christians, and he learned how Christians are supposed to help the poor and the needy and the orphans, etc, and he discovered that the Church met the needs of the people and that there was no need to be Communist. If people love each other, and if people help each other, then there is no need for Communism. Freedom with Christianity and the 10 Commandments and with the Golden Rule to Love Your Neighbor is all we need, there is no need for Communism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Robeson

So, if the President of Colombia is a Christian, and if he loves and respects Pope Francis, and if he loves his neighbors, then everything will be fine. The Catholic Church needs to embrace and help to guide the President of Colombia and we need to help the Colombian people, we need to continue to support schools for the poor children in Colombia, and we need to donate libraries to the poor villages in Colombia, etc. We need to draw close with our allies in Colombia.

Also, the Fashion Industry can be expanded in Colombia, and the Entertainment Industry, etc, and the World Bank supports such ventures.

We can also continue to support the Colombian Coffee Industry, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: February 25, 2023, 03:26:31 PM »

Blizzards and snow in California
Hollywood got a mention.

Break out the buckets, and save the water for the summer.

We are so lucky, we need the water, and the Western states which depend on the Colorado River were all getting edgy, people were getting ready to fight over water. California owns the rights to the water for our farmers, and for our people, and so some of the other states were getting ready to rebel against California owning the water rights. The rain and snow came just in time to help us to keep the peace, we have plenty of water for now, so there is no need to fight over water. But, we need to plan for the future, and we need to build more dams, and lakes, and new aguaducts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: February 25, 2023, 07:04:47 PM »

Hollywood got a mention.

We are so lucky, we need the water, and the Western states which depend on the Colorado River were all getting edgy, people were getting ready to fight over water. California owns the rights to the water for our farmers, and for our people, and so some of the other states were getting ready to rebel against California owning the water rights. The rain and snow came just in time to help us to keep the peace, we have plenty of water for now, so there is no need to fight over water. But, we need to plan for the future, and we need to build more dams, and lakes, and new aguaducts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Words straight out of my no1 radio host's [now retired] "Watering Australia" manifesto.
25 years he tried to tell politicians and govts...but they didn't listen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:03:04 AM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: February 26, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »

Hollywood got a mention.

Salute,

Tony V.

Words straight out of my no1 radio host's [now retired] "Watering Australia" manifesto.

Sounds like he was a wise radio host, too bad that he retired.

Biden and Harris keep saying they want to work on our water system, and they say they want trains, we need to get it all going, we need to put the homeless people to work, and we can put the immigrants on our Southern Border to work, and we can build more dams, lakes, and acquaducts, etc, and we can build high speed trains, etc.

There was one project here in Los Angeles, the money was there to get the work done, but the people in office waited too long to do the work and the money was lost. If the Government gives you money to do a project then you need to hurry and hire people and get the job done, otherwise you lose the money and the money goes back to the Government.

If we allocate the money to build high speed trains, and to build more dams, lakes, and acquaducts, then we need to hurry and put people to work to get the stuff built that we need.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 26, 2023, 07:26:21 PM »

A nice and cozy food for the cold weather is Chili Mac, made with Anthony's Rotini pasta, and with Stagg Chili, and with diced tomatoes with green chilies.

And with that you have a nice wine. I am drinking a nice Cabernet Sauvignon from California.

Wine and Chili Mac, that is what I am having as I watch the rain come down.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: February 26, 2023, 07:47:20 PM »

Can't you just keep that stuff on your Facebook page?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: February 26, 2023, 07:48:58 PM »

Can't you just keep that stuff on your Facebook page?

Why?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: February 26, 2023, 08:12:44 PM »

Because what you are doing seems best reserved for Facebook.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 26, 2023, 08:22:58 PM »

Because this is the national news thread.  Not the cuisine thread, or My Stream of Consciousness on My Every Random Thought thread.

Sorry.  If you really want to be a scriptwriter, then your posts here are a time-wasting exercise.  A real writer gets his ass in the chair and gets to work (and it's hard work) on a plot idea, several hours every day.  Join an online writer's workshop, where people write and then share their work, giving each other feedback and necessary critique.  Carry a tablet or notebook with you everywhere, to jot down ideas, bits of dialog, etc.  Stop this lazy sharing of pipe dreams here, and get to work on a script. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 26, 2023, 08:55:45 PM »

This forum needs to be more open, and I care about the fact that Bambu likes canned soup.

For me, I am having Chili Mac as I watch the rain fall.

And I already wrote one movie script, and a poetry book, and either they have value or they do not. If not, then I am not going to waste time writing more. I have lots of ideas, but I am not going to cast my pearls before swine. I am not going to waste my time. You guys can have Kanye West. You make Kanye West a billionaire while I starve, so you get what you want.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: February 26, 2023, 09:00:11 PM »

You're right. That I don't care to read about your love of Chili Mac while the rain falls is really a manifestation of my love of Kanye West.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: February 26, 2023, 10:03:45 PM »

I am trying to keep a good attitude, and I am sorry if I am projecting any negativity.

I want to see healthy progress happen here in California, and Nationally, and Globally.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 27, 2023, 02:31:59 AM »

I like reading the things Tony posts here in this "News In General" thread...about CA, America, and his personal life.

It's not like the forum resembles New York City at rush hour.
I can't see how a forum member's posting what they're eating to keep warm in the freezing cold in America today hurts anything...'caring and sharing'.

I'd be interested to know how all forum members are keeping warm...how they're heating their homes....how they're moving around/commuting on the icy/snow laden roads.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: February 27, 2023, 09:32:25 AM »

And I already wrote one movie script, and a poetry book, and either they have value or they do not. If not, then I am not going to waste time writing more. I have lots of ideas, but I am not going to cast my pearls before swine...

This is a narcissistic attitude.  Writing is a lifelong vocation and writers have to throw out lots of their work as a normal part of the process.  Ideas are a dime a dozen.  It is execution, craft - how the idea is developed - that makes the difference between boring garbage and a compelling story.  Most writers take years, sending manuscripts to dozens of editors, before they achieve their first published work.  The same is true of scriptwriting.  If you don't have infinite patience and perseverance, then FFS find some other activity.  Work someplace where your idealistic nature is fully engaged - Habitat for Humanity, the homeless shelter, whatever.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 27, 2023, 10:01:42 AM »

Hollywood got a mention.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like he was a wise radio host, too bad that he retired.

Biden and Harris keep saying they want to work on our water system, and they say they want trains, we need to get it all going, we need to put the homeless people to work, and we can put the immigrants on our Southern Border to work, and we can build more dams, lakes, and acquaducts, etc, and we can build high speed trains, etc.

There was one project here in Los Angeles, the money was there to get the work done, but the people in office waited too long to do the work and the money was lost. If the Government gives you money to do a project then you need to hurry and hire people and get the job done, otherwise you lose the money and the money goes back to the Government.

If we allocate the money to build high speed trains, and to build more dams, lakes, and acquaducts, then we need to hurry and put people to work to get the stuff built that we need.

Salute,

Tony V.

Look up the bipartisan Infrastructure Law
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 589