Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121776 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3210 on: March 20, 2023, 02:07:45 PM »

Do not worry, Red. No one wants to save your worthless life.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: March 20, 2023, 03:06:05 PM »

Re: Cut emissions quickly to save lives, scientists warn in a new U.N. report

Hubris squared.

Your utter disregard for any science you disagree with politically has previously been noted.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: March 20, 2023, 03:26:53 PM »

I do not know the name of the scientist, he started out with just an Associate in Arts Degree, and then he had such a sense of curiosity and he had such a desire to learn that he kept studying. He worked at China Lake, and now he is working at the University of California in Irvine as a research scientist.

The new stuff that he is working on has to do with the technology that we use to see the nuclear weapons at our ports and borders, we are improving our ability to see nuclear weapons. We are even working on being able to see nuclear weapons from space. The scientist said that he wants to use the same technology that they are using to see nuclear weapons to see and isolate Cancer and then he wants to use a laser set at the same frequency as the Cancer to go in and remove the Cancer while not doing any harm to the surrounding healthy tissue. He said it had to do with vibration, and everything having its own distinct vibration.

I am sure if he makes any breakthroughs that UCI will publish the findings.

https://uci.edu/research/index.php

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:38:24 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: March 20, 2023, 03:42:50 PM »

Hubris squared.

Your utter disregard for any science you disagree with politically has previously been noted.
what science did I disagree with?
And why would it matter?
Scientists challenge other scientists all the time.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:45:51 PM by Espnthree »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: March 20, 2023, 04:29:52 PM »

Yes they challenge on flawed data collection or experimental setup or other methodological problems.  Not on whether or not fossil fuel industry promoters feel threatened. 
All moot anyway since anthropegenic global warming and resultant mortality and suffering has now happened, a well documented reality for millions of people.  As Caliban's posted UN report makes clear. 

May our new member live long and prospero. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: March 20, 2023, 05:28:01 PM »

As Biden promises to fund research in order to search for a cure for Cancer, then we need to open new schools and libraries and laboratories all over the USA including in the poorest parts of Kentucky.

And we can teach kids the principles of science when they are young. We can also teach the kids how to make paper airplanes, and they can make and launch model rockets, etc.

As we provide our people with a free Associate in Arts Degree from our community colleges, then some students are going to accelerate in certain fields, and we need to nurture their enthusiasm, they may go on to cure Cancer.

America was built by scientists such as Ben Franklin, and many others, and many Americans will go on to do great things if we can teach them and get them started on their journey to success.

And I love how the scientists of today are incorporating all of the new knowledge to benefit humanity, such as the creation of Laser Eye Surgery while working on research on lasers, and how the technology behind a tool that we use to see nuclear weapons at our ports and at our borders may someday help us to better see and isolate Cancer so that we can remove the Cancer with a special laser.

Biden is spending a lot of money on research to find a cure for Cancer, and we need for some of the money to go to build schools, libraries, and laboratories in our poorest areas, including in Kentucky. And we need to teach the principles of science to the children at a very young age.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: March 20, 2023, 06:01:24 PM »

Hubris squared.

Liar. See supra.
And why would it matter?
True enough, you are a PROVEN LIAR so nothing you post matters.
Based on science, not political positions.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: March 20, 2023, 06:12:41 PM »

Hubris squared.

And why would it matter?

Sure!

Like the ones hired by the tobacco and automobile industries

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: March 20, 2023, 06:19:00 PM »

:(
Liar. See supra.
That is a challenge for you, not me.
Based on science, not political positions.
[/Quote On science
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:04:38 PM by Espnthree »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: March 20, 2023, 07:49:54 PM »

Four billion dollars is being pumped into the area by where the Ducks play Hockey, the area is going to be very nice when the work is completed, and Anaheim will receive even more tourists to compliment the 50,000 tourists that we already receive per day here in Anaheim.

We need for a new local owner to buy the Angels, such as Gwen Stefani, but we still have Disney which is expanding and which is doing fantastic, Disney is a great company, plus our local schools are training people for jobs at Disney, etc, we have a lot to be grateful for as we work to make things even better.

We also need to connect Anaheim and Las Vegas with a high speed train.

We are also redeveloping the area on Beach Blvd. Anaheim has a lot of projects going on.

I will keep sending the city my ideas as we work to improve our city.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: March 20, 2023, 08:21:53 PM »

I tried to get the San Manuel Native American Indian Tribe of San Bernardino to open a movie studio here in my neighborhood, just a small studio like the Occidental Studio in East Hollywood, but the Tribe was not interested.

Now New Mexico has the Camel Rock Studio which is owned by Indigenous People so maybe later the San Manuel Tribe will become interested in the movie business. And making movies gives them a voice, they can tell their own stories that they want to tell if they own a movie studio.

Salute,

Tony V.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: March 21, 2023, 11:32:36 AM »

And why would it matter?

Watch out, he is winding the watch of his wit, by and by it will strike.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: March 21, 2023, 11:38:37 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/20/1162711459/cut-emissions-quickly-to-save-lives-scientists-warn-in-a-new-u-n-report

The cloud capped towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind.
I sense a real tempest behind your posts to date.

I remain mum on this matter. 

Until someone reads me my...Miranda rights.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: March 21, 2023, 11:58:05 AM »

Yes they challenge on flawed data collection or experimental setup or other methodological problems.  Not on whether or not fossil fuel industry promoters feel threatened. 
All moot anyway since anthropegenic global warming and resultant mortality and suffering has now happened, a well documented reality for millions of people. 
But nowhere close to the predictions of the doomsayers.
Even Greta is backtracking on her calamitous warning in 2018 that said the end of humanity would come in five years without the elimination of fossil fuels.
She can be excused given her youth and innocence even though supposed adults named her a Person of the Year.
As for the rest of the Big Green lobby it  is more disingenuous than any fossil fuel enterprise.

As Calibanposted UN report makes clear. 
OILCAN
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 12:01:52 PM by Espnthree »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: March 21, 2023, 12:01:29 PM »

Cut emissions quickly...
for economic ruin, defence disadvantage and a miserable life for the nation's people.
Comparison is the thief of joy.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 577