Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121779 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6450 on: November 13, 2023, 07:18:28 PM »

I asked you for your support that Tlaib provided "actual support for a terrorist organization." You have none, and nothing you cite provides that basis.
You only asked that question because you did not like the answer the House gave Tailib on the same questions.
I asked liee and then you for your basis for the assertion Tlaib supported a terrorist organization. Not what the House did.
And I responded that the House answered the question.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: November 13, 2023, 08:00:35 PM »

Most sensible post you have made in years
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: November 13, 2023, 09:11:03 PM »

I think everyone understands what a censure vote is, Luee, but you and Red have both been asked what the false narrative was and where she specifically  called for the destruction of Israel.

For the record, I believe that Tlaib is right on the edge of being an anti-Semite (and since I'm equal opportunity in such judgment, I view Trump as an anti-Semite) and in another context, and in other situations, such provocative statements such as "from the river to the sea" would be viewed by some as "dog whistles".  That said, I view her censure as clearly political and not nearly specific enough.

Anti Israel possibly Anti Jew but Palestinians are Semites

As aPalestinian is being anti Israel a anomaly?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 09:13:53 PM by LarryB! »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: November 13, 2023, 09:25:25 PM »

While Palestinians are a Semitic people the use of the term anti-Semitic has come to be understood as anti-Jewish.  If you prefer to use that term, go right ahead.

And again, it's certainly understandable that Palestinians have less than warm feelings about Israel, but the use of the term "from river to sea" is understood by many people as code words for violence and annihilation, in a way that as I suggested, in other contexts and situations, similar inciting language would be called a "dog whistle".

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: November 13, 2023, 09:33:54 PM »

I asked you for your support that Tlaib provided "actual support for a terrorist organization." You have none, and nothing you cite provides that basis.
You only asked that question because you did not like the answer the House gave Tailib on the same questions.
I asked liee and then you for your basis for the assertion Tlaib supported a terrorist organization. Not what the House did.
Yes you responded with a unresponsive response. As expected.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: November 13, 2023, 09:36:54 PM »

While Palestinians are a Semitic people the use of the term anti-Semitic has come to be understood as anti-Jewish.  If you prefer to use that term, go right ahead.

And again, it's certainly understandable that Palestinians have less than warm feelings about Israel, but the use of the term "from river to sea" is understood by many people as code words for violence and annihilation, in a way that as I suggested, in other contexts and situations, similar inciting language would be called a "dog whistle".
I will yield to your greater knowledge on that. But two things it is not are 10/7 disinformation, and a call for the destruction of Israel.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: November 13, 2023, 10:03:08 PM »

Nothing like stating the obvious.

All Lives Matter

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: November 13, 2023, 10:06:11 PM »

Yes you responded with a unresponsive response. As expected.
It just happens to be the ONLY response that matters.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: November 13, 2023, 11:04:41 PM »

Red makes a compelling case to remove gerrymandering that favors conservatives in any jurisdiction.

Remind him of his utter submission to the will of The House of Representatives when his inbred rapey fascist crew are back in the minority.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: November 14, 2023, 04:47:11 AM »

CEO of major bank in bambuworld;

"The dream of home ownership is now the preserve of the rich."

xxx

Sky News commentator:

"Demand [for housing] is thru the roof" [extremely high], "driven by [massive] immigration".

Para; "High demand, up go the prices [skywards at express pace]".

#####

Well there you go.
It's all very true, and was warned about by more than one expert and average Joe over the last few years.

Yes, the Aussie dream for average Joe of owning one's own home is basically over.
Not enough rental properties for everyone either.
Gonna be lots of people 'waltzing matilda', 'couch surfing', 'living with their parents forever', and living in cars/vans/caravans/mobile homes etc.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: November 14, 2023, 06:35:19 AM »

What did you think Defund the Police meant?

Full disclosure

My maternal grandfather was Jewish

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: November 14, 2023, 06:49:42 AM »

I thought that people should have come up with a better slogan for their policy ideas.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: November 14, 2023, 10:21:16 AM »

I would have thrown her in jail for life for inciting a massacre. Does that answer your question?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: November 14, 2023, 11:36:53 AM »

Only if the question is

what spin will Luee put on a US congressperson who criticizes Israeli violence against civilians and obstruction of a peaceful two state solution that respects Palestinian sovereignty and land rights, especially if said congressperson is Muslim?

She didn't incite a massacre, she is speaking out against the bigotry and injustice that keeps causing massacres.  And holding Israel responsible for their part in the ongoing cycles of violence and revenge.  Fuck yes, we all know Hamas is responsible, no one is absolving them for their amoral savagery.  But that doesn't mean Israel's shit don't stink.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: November 14, 2023, 11:46:10 AM »

I would have thrown her in jail for life for inciting a massacre. Does that answer your question?

The question was will you be voting for KKK endorsed candidates. Your answer is clearly yes.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 577