Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121770 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7590 on: February 13, 2024, 08:33:14 PM »

So what were you wanting to discuss?
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: February 13, 2024, 09:04:55 PM »

Sure sign of a DumbAss: The Dow hits all-time high and not a word of
credit to the President.  One correction and DoomsDay is here and it is
all Biden s fault.

Take a bow DumbAss of the Year, again!
Hmmm. 
What sent the Dow plunging ?
What has given us 18 per cent inflation since 2021?
Bidenomics.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 14, 2024, 06:16:04 AM »

I guess if I were to define my community as an American, I would say my community includes people of all races and religions, I have neighbors who speak Spanish who are part of my community, etc. My community is not based on the color of my skin or the language that I speak. And the Crystal Cathedral has lots of Asians, and I love the Asians, and I have had dear friends from the Philippines, and I had a roommate who was the daughter of a Chinese General.

California is a crazy place, and people are all coming here from all over the world. When I worked at Universal Studios we had 25,000 guests per day, and the population of Battle Mountain, Nevada, is only 5,000 people, so I met more people in one day than someone in Battle Mountain would meet in a whole life-time. Hollywood is crazy, and people from all over the world come here.

And we have the best schools, people from all over the world are coming here to Chapman film school, that is a wonderful local resource. Of note, some of the student films might cost $50,000 to make, so they might have production value, and some of the people might be highly trained and talented. I met a hot Blonde woman from Sweden who was coming to Chapman film school, I met her on the train and we talked about making movies the whole way, and she promised to hire me if she found success, I need to make Business Cards to hand out to people in situations like that, I should have given her a Business Card with all of my info on it.

In Hollywood it is hard if you try to define ones community, because my community has people from all over the world. My community is not based on the color of my skin, my community has people from all over the world. I might even marry an Asian wife, you never know. We will see what God has planned.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:18:04 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: February 14, 2024, 03:58:51 PM »

breakfast time in bambuworld.
Switched on tv, to be confronted with:
"Shots fired during Super Bowl Celebration".
"10 people injured, 2 people arrested".

The 'wild west' is back.
Fire shots in the air to celebrate, just like in the movies.

'The shots fired outside Union Station, 10 minutes after the rally had ended'.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 04:05:28 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: February 14, 2024, 05:36:36 PM »

Good people with guns.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: February 14, 2024, 05:39:29 PM »

Just another of the myriad moments of trigger pulling pointing the finger to why we must desaturate many many firearms from among our population here in the United States. Better border control, properly funded would go a long way to slowing this problem heading south and further destabilizing the population centers there.

That is what your news meant to tell you this morning.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: February 14, 2024, 07:02:11 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: February 14, 2024, 07:13:06 PM »

Good people need to have guns....because bad people have guns.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: February 14, 2024, 07:15:59 PM »

Super Bowl drew123 million viewers, an all time record, 21 million more that the 2020 game also won by the Kansas City Chiefs over the 49ers.

Taylor Swift and her romance with Travis Kelce (KC star) had a  lot to do with the increase since the game drew a ton more women viewers than the last one.
In an event known also for its TV commercials there were three that appealed to religion. He Gets Us had two showing people washing the feet of others, ala Jesus, and the third centered on prayer and narrated by Mark Wahlberg. Both ads spiked high on viewer attention and were chosen since the game came just a couple of days before Ash Wednesday.
MVP Patrick Mahomes began his victory response by saying All glory  to God !
The religious advertisers must have been pleased.

The He Gets Us ads are just a continuation of the White Christian Nationalists grift.

https://baptistnews.com/article/he-gets-us-is-feeding-massive-amounts-of-data-to-cambridge-analytica-and-conservative-political-groups/

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: February 14, 2024, 07:16:53 PM »

Good people need to have guns....because bad people have guns.

Too many guns

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: February 14, 2024, 08:15:21 PM »

Good people with guns.
The overwhelming majority.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: February 14, 2024, 08:26:49 PM »

Did you take a poll?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: February 14, 2024, 08:35:01 PM »

Good people with guns.
The overwhelming majority.

In the past few years, the percent of gun deaths from suicide has been 54-60%.  Guess the good people get pretty depressed. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: February 14, 2024, 09:43:47 PM »

So what were you wanting to discuss?
The post was informational.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: February 14, 2024, 10:30:53 PM »

I was walking through the parking lot at CVS and someone was playing Johnny Cash, that was cool.

Paramount is preparing to be sold, I hope that good new owners buy Paramount and I hope they create good local jobs and I hope that they are altruistic in their neighborhood. I hope they build a film school in their neighborhood and I hope that they hire local workers to work at the studio.

I personally would rather own Universal, but I wish the best for whoever buys Paramount. I hope that locals buy Paramount, I hope locals are hired for the jobs, and I hope that Paramount is altruistic in their neighborhood.

And right now if I owned Universal I would have Marli Buccola, and Mahlagha Jaberi, working, and I would hire Oliver Stone to make projects at Universal in Orlando, Florida. And Beach Blanket Bingo movies in Hollywood, and Fun In Acapulco movies in Acapulco.

A good friend in the entertainment industry told me that I need to find a mentor to help to make my current project, and that would be great, and I am open to having a female mentor as well, we will see what happens. I would love to have a Bungalow office at Universal and I would love to start shooting my movie, I just need to make the right connections and get things going on.

The Oscars are coming up, I would love to produce a party like Norby Walters did with "Night of 100 Stars." But, right now I would be lucky to even get to go to one of the parties, the people are lucky who get to attend the parties. And right now all of the limousine companies are booking up. I think the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles would be a good place for an Oscar Night Party with an outdoor party and outdoor bar there at MacArthur Park, and the best chefs can cook, the best bands can play, etc, and then the stars can sleep in the rooms there at the Park Plaza Hotel.

Sad about the violence at the parade, and I think Missouri needs more Asian immigrants, and more teachers, and better schools, etc. We need fresh new immigrant blood to mix in with the Americans in Missouri, etc, and we need to improve education, etc. And Kiwanis International can help in Missouri, etc. And the Cub Scouts can help, and the Girl Scouts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 577