Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2072 2073 [2074] 2075 2076 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1686586 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31095 on: April 07, 2020, 05:05:31 PM »

You win.

Enjoy the day.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31096 on: April 07, 2020, 05:17:30 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/fact-check-trump-inherited-broken-obsolete-coronavirus-tests/index.html

Hard to "inherit" a faulty test when there was no test for this ever before, but that doesn't stop Trump from continuing to claim that this administration got it from the Obama administration.

Reminds me of the folks who cried out, "But where was Obama during Hurricane Katrina?!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31097 on: April 07, 2020, 05:19:59 PM »

You win.

Enjoy the day.

If I thought your claim that I had won meant you realized we had told you that before, then I might grant that you thought I had won.

And if I thought your saying "enjoy the day" meant that you were done posting bullshit and doltish crap for the day, then I would enjoy the day even more than I am otherwise.

But I doubt your "you win" or your "enjoy the day" are any more sincere than your posts about voting in Wisconsin.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31098 on: April 07, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »

Nah, humans can't impact the climate! No way!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31100 on: April 07, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31101 on: April 07, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »

I think you need more than

-  Democrats are more likely to vote absentee
-  Democrats are more concentrated in the big cities (numbers would help) and thus greater of their numbers need to wait in long lines
-  Democrats are poorer and thus cant afford as much as Republicans to take the half day off from their work (are you still using this one)

If it is important enough - voters will VOTE.

So maybe you need to add - Democrats do not find issues important enough (compared to republicans) that they will get through rain, sleet and snow (and roving bands of chickens) to cast their ballot.

You’re not a Republican you’re a member of the cult. You live in an altered state of reality.

Yep - ok

You take reality and bend it to conform to your ideology.

I’ve seen people like you.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31102 on: April 07, 2020, 08:07:19 PM »

Interesting -

In China, only patients showing symptoms and positive results in nucleic tests are included in the official tally of confirmed cases. Asymptomatic patients who have tested positive are monitored and placed under quarantine until they develop symptoms or turn negative in later tests.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/asia/coronavirus-wuhan-lockdown-lifted-intl-hnk/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31103 on: April 07, 2020, 08:15:02 PM »

Sadly, not sure what the answer is here

“We’ve known, literally forever, that diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and asthma are disproportionally afflicting the minority populations, particularly the African Americans," Fauci said. "Unfortunately, when you look at the predisposing conditions that lead to a bad outcome with coronavirus, the things that get people into ICUs, that require intubation and often lead to death, they’re just those very comorbidities that are unfortunately disproportionately prevalent in the African American population.”

scroll down

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-07-20/index.html

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31104 on: April 07, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »

I wrote the post below on March 24th, after our 82nd day, on which our death total equalled the Swine Flu (2009-10) death total from Day 138.

We are two weeks after that, just about two weeks and a day. Day 97. Our death total is just shy of 80,000. The Swine Flu crossed 80k on Day 241. It took them 73 days. It took COVID-19 fifteen days to see the same increase.

In the next week, we are going to eclipse another month of swine flu deaths, passing the 125,000 mark, Day 274 for them, Day 104 for us.

You complained, Kid, that I don't know what's going to happen, so I should stop posting projections. I don't know but my extrapolations so far are spot on. (Okay, I have missed by a day one way or the other, sometimes.)

I just hope to be very very wrong within the next 2 or 3 weeks, and therefore in the next 6 months, as well. And you just can't fathom that desire.

https://imgur.com/t/the_more_you_know/jfeONpT?fbclid=IwAR21chTDB1M5EpNsmtDF9iM3DMfIuoiFX9eQbAU6Ix-4v8xk19HVdV8kYFw

Exactly

As Trump said today - "it's like nothing anyone has ever seen"

But as Oz said - "maybe we can get it to act more like the flu"

We'll see starting this week.

I edited my post with this analysis:

It stops for COVID-19 on March 18th.

Going into 3/23, we're at 14,638 dead, which is Day 82 to Day 83. The Swine Flu of 2009-2010 doesn't hit that many dead until Day 138 (14,571).

Day 138 for us is going to be May 17th.

So, Kid...

Do you want to bet whether COVID-19 still ahead of the Swine Flu pace by the end of May, when it's Day 152 and the SF was up to 23,129 dead?

The end of June (Day 182), when the SF was up to 43,628?

Day 213 (what will be the end of July for us) saw that the Swine Flu had tapered off - a mere 59,367 had died.

Day 244 (our end of August) was at 83,472, having picked up again, with a vengeance.

Day 274 (our end of September) was at 125,881.
(post trimmed for sake of brevity)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 08:37:13 PM by josh »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31105 on: April 07, 2020, 08:34:15 PM »

Worldwide?

I think I assumed you meant US

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31106 on: April 07, 2020, 08:36:36 PM »

Sadly, not sure what the answer is here

“We’ve known, literally forever, that diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and asthma are disproportionally afflicting the minority populations, particularly the African Americans," Fauci said. "Unfortunately, when you look at the predisposing conditions that lead to a bad outcome with coronavirus, the things that get people into ICUs, that require intubation and often lead to death, they’re just those very comorbidities that are unfortunately disproportionately prevalent in the African American population.”

scroll down

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-07-20/index.html

Universal Basic Income. This will reduce homelessness and divorce.
Making healthy food accessible and affordable instead of more expensive. This will reduce the incidence of diabetes and obesity, among other things.
Equalizing health care, instead of the demonstrably racist and classist version we have now. (We recommend Universal Health Care.)
Eliminating inner city pollution, which will reduce asthma.
Make the cities more walkable - affordable, healthy groceries in every neighborhood. This, too, will reduce diabetes and obesity. It will also help to reduce the pollution.
All of those, combined, will severely reduce hypertension (high blood pressure).

Glad to help.

p.s. Yes, my answers are serious and sincere. And all of those are doable. Making the cities more walkable is likely the hardest - the rest of them can be done more economically than not doing them is.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31107 on: April 07, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »

Clinical trials you say?

We know where we can get plenty of “willing volunteers” to conduct the trials.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-bureau-of-prisons-just-bought-a-ton-of-hydroxychloroquine-trumps-covid-19-miracle-drug/ar-BB12f10e?ocid=sf2

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31108 on: April 07, 2020, 08:41:42 PM »

Worldwide?

I think I assumed you meant US

You probably did.

It would have taken a glance at the link, back then, or any number of other charts posted by people or articles posted by people to clarify that for you.

The US is just under 13,000 deaths now, where the world was 18 days ago.
The world is at 5 less than 82,000 as I type.

Same order of magnitude, now, but not for long. Another three days, at most, until it hits 6 figures in deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31109 on: April 07, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2072 2073 [2074] 2075 2076 ... 4288