Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 939665 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22170 on: January 07, 2022, 02:41:11 PM »

Yeah.  Bench player.

YEP

In case you havent noticed this  is a unique season which has put Burks in his sometimes starter role

And dont get started with how we are better with McBride or Quickley starting, please.   

Knicks left themselves in a quandary when they added a questionable medical case to an already questionable guy as our 1 and 2 lead guards.  COVID has not heled either but this is more about knees ankles and other body parts
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22171 on: January 07, 2022, 04:10:42 PM »

As for Burks, he's ...

Burks makes weird decisions.  Remember earlier in the season (maybe even the first boston game) a play he had to inbound the ball late in the 4th, couldn't find anyone at first, seemed to panic a little and nearly threw the ball away.  I love Burks the shooter.  When he is asked to make plays or stop plays from happening he is not as loved.

Take what he is.  Hope for spurts of brilliance, steadiness otherwise. Which is what you are getting.

Can be a rotation guy on a contender,  yes, no doubt.

Yeah.  Bench player. 

Alec Burks is shooting just 33 percent overall and from deep as a starter
Alec Burks is shooting 45 percent overall and 47 percent from long range off the bench.

Love Burks. Singlehandedly won us a number of games last year. And has been critical in several wins this year.

Seems much better coming off the bench. But I just attribute that to the mix, not to some weird psychology about starting. If there's chemistry with Burks and Julius, I haven't seen it.

(I don't think Fournier and Barrett seem to work well together either)

chipstern

• View Profile
Bully Boy [LJ]
« Reply #22172 on: January 07, 2022, 05:19:18 PM »

22-8-2-2

One foul

ZERO turnovers

In the third quarter Julius translated his anger & frustration into a level of aggression in which he muscled his way to the rack and helped bring the Knicks back into the game. 

As for Kenny and Charles, well, bully for them. 

Love is a two way street. 

Like it's okay for NY fans to express their ennui but not the other way around. 

I remember Derek Jeter being booed. 

I remember fans treating Eli Manning as a bum, irregardless of two Super Bowl wins, let alone Phil Simms...

I remember the back page of the NY POST, when Ewing was traded: GOOD RIDDANCE. 

Is Julius Randle beyond reproach? 

He is most DEF...not. 

Do I have issues with his faux pas? 

I do. 

Are we surprised that the manner in which he has been adjudged rubbed him the wrong way? 

PuhLEEEEESE. 

People making a big deal about his response?

The thumbs down? 

PuhLEEEEESE. 

To me, the manner in which he played in the third quarter best articulates his response. 

DribbleDribbleDribble?

No

EL TORO. 

Knicks fans have large balls but short memories. 

Am I the only one who remembers LARRY JOHNSON's love/hate relationship with Knicks fans? 

We traded Mase for him, and his back woes robbed him of the level of dominance he enjoyed as a Hornet. 

He was treated very rudely. 

Wish I could remember the specific game, but there was a performance in which he elevated his  performance to a dramatic level, and the fans responded with great enthusiasm. 

LJ's RESPONSE was, to my memory, EPIC. 

He comported himself in the manner of a little boy, his arms crossed on his chest, his lower lip thrust out, everything in his posture and coutennance betokening a pouting child. 

Oh, NOW you LOVE ME? 

Well.  Huumph. 

I'm not sure I'm ready to make up.

HA.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:55:55 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Burks Law
« Reply #22173 on: January 07, 2022, 05:28:50 PM »

As for Burks, he's ...

Burks makes weird decisions.  Remember earlier in the season (maybe even the first boston game) a play he had to inbound the ball late in the 4th, couldn't find anyone at first, seemed to panic a little and nearly threw the ball away.  I love Burks the shooter.  When he is asked to make plays or stop plays from happening he is not as loved.

Take what he is.  Hope for spurts of brilliance, steadiness otherwise. Which is what you are getting.

Can be a rotation guy on a contender,  yes, no doubt.

Yeah.  Bench player. 

Alec Burks is shooting just 33 percent overall and from deep as a starter
Alec Burks is shooting 45 percent overall and 47 percent from long range off the bench.

Love Burks. Singlehandedly won us a number of games last year. And has been critical in several wins this year.

Seems much better coming off the bench. But I just attribute that to the mix, not to some weird psychology about starting. If there's chemistry with Burks and Julius, I haven't seen it.

(I don't think Fournier and Barrett seem to work well together either)

Would help to have a top tier POINT GUARD. 

Burks coming off the bench in a sixth man role with the second unit?

RIGHT ON. 

Burks starting as a PG? 

MISCAST. 

PS: Still, while his individual stats and such from last night do not speak highly of him as a starter, let alone a point guard, the emergence, even if only for one night--or the sight of those accursed GREEN motherfuckers--of FOURNIER as a sniper and RANDLE as a bully boy, seems to suggest a certain chemistry Burks engendered. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The Dawg's kitty
« Reply #22174 on: January 07, 2022, 05:33:03 PM »

Unconditional love reserved for my little lesterdawgs and my little lestercat!

AKA POSITIVE PUSSY #3
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
BoZ's names
« Reply #22175 on: January 07, 2022, 05:40:48 PM »

I didn't understand why BOS mostly guarded FourEva with shrimpy Schroder.

BoZ used to have BoZ names for most of Knicks players, but this season only one that I am aware of.

As a sample, just look at this from a few years back ...

Is he getting OLD?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Ntilikina
« Reply #22176 on: January 07, 2022, 11:12:54 PM »

Hey, our Frank, ok actually the Dallas Knicks Frank, had a decent showing today.

3 rebounds, 4 assists and 7 points in 16 minutes.

Is he going to become a star for another team, as many other youths before him?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Ntilikina
« Reply #22177 on: January 08, 2022, 12:52:09 AM »

Hey, our Frank, ok actually the Dallas Knicks Frank, had a decent showing today.

3 rebounds, 4 assists and 7 points in 16 minutes.

Is he going to become a star for another team, as many other youths before him?

Uh...NO

Frank is a career role player. 

Which of the youths we let slide became STARS?

Trevor Ariza?

Channing Frye? 

David Lee? 

Timmy Hardaway has played well for the Mavs.  Not sure he is a star.  Was averaging 19.1 ppg for the Knicks when we traded him.

15.5 15.8. 16.6 14.6 since. 

Porzingis? 

22.7 6.6 1.2 when we traded him. 

20.1, 20.4, 20.6 since. 

Played well when healthy.  Scoring and FT shooting,  boarding and assists up.  Blocked shots down. 

A star?  He's a solid pro. 

Missing anyone? 

Eddie Curry? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22178 on: January 08, 2022, 11:27:24 AM »

Minus the Melo deal Knicks could have been building with Jamal Murray Zach Levine and or Domatis Sabonis

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Ntilikina
« Reply #22179 on: January 08, 2022, 06:07:52 PM »

Porzingis? 

22.7 6.6 1.2 when we traded him. 

20.1, 20.4, 20.6 since. 

Played well when healthy.  Scoring and FT shooting,  boarding and assists up.  Blocked shots down. 

A star?  He's a solid pro. 

Missing anyone? 

Eddie Curry?

(Porzingis) "KP tosses salads in Dallas" - The Great Kamster.

OTOH ...
... https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1934735-where-did-all-the-ny-knicks-draft-picks-go

Greatest trade of all time 🤪

Greatest bust of all time 🤣

"- Rest in peace, Ashley Babbitt 1/6/21 -" Chamaco Cartero The Moron.

"- Rest in peace, Chamaco's Intelligence. It never existed anyway -" Me
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:13:15 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #22180 on: January 08, 2022, 10:08:20 PM »

Don't know what else to say about this game.

RJB with the most points and the worst +/-, only because he played more minutes than anybody, 43.
Toppin played just 9 minutes. WTF, it's not like Randle was killing it.

Disaster from top to bottom.

"- Rest in peace, Ashley Babbitt 1/6/21 -" Chamaco Cartero The Moron.

"- Rest in peace, Chamaco's Intelligence. It never existed anyway -" Me

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Disaster
« Reply #22181 on: January 08, 2022, 10:24:24 PM »

Don't know what else to say about this game.

lol, a true wtf. Yes, why is Julius still on the floor after sucking ass to a spectacular degree when we're down by 23 with three minutes left? I figured maybe Thibs was trying to punish him. But that would be giving Thibs too much credit. Maybe Thibs was unwilling to put Toppin in the game because he has no clue what to do with OBI beside park him at the three point line.

A DISASTER INDEED.

*** that "apology" to the fans was def written by PR because JR clearly wanted to say F U to Knicks fans one more time!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 10:37:25 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Ashlee..I miin Ashey..I meen Ashly..doing good from da grave tho
« Reply #22182 on: January 08, 2022, 10:32:56 PM »

*** Mike Byrd said, "Bitch, you ain't getting into this house." BAM!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 10:54:48 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
AssLee AshLey
« Reply #22183 on: January 09, 2022, 04:23:27 PM »

Was Kiid really consecrating her memory? 

WOW

She precipitated her own end, by advancing violence. 

We're not debating politics here. 

If you knew anything about Ashley--AND WHY WOULD THAT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE--you would know that she was a violent, unbalanced, borderline PSYCHOTIC individual. 

A martyr? 

A WACKAMOLE.

She tormented and menaced her husband's ex-wife to the tune of not one but TWO COURT ORDERS OF PROTECTION.

And how did she accomplish this?

While they were both out and about in their automobiles, this Martyred Heroine attempted to run her husband's ex off the road.  HELLO.

When she copped a similar attitude in storming a barricaded door, manned by armed men seeking to protect congressman from a roiling, frothing mob, as she attempted to smash through a glass door, she caught a bullet. 

To portray this disgusting humanoid as a martyr is a slap in the face to all those who served and sacrificed on behalf of the citizens of the United States. 

Ashley aligned herself with hate and ignorance, at the head of a mindless mob, whipped into a frenzy by an embittered loser promulgating an absurd conspiritorial narrative, and advocating untrammeled violence. 

Hang Mike Pence?

Yeah, a heroic martyr. 

May she rot in hell. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:57:48 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile, Back On Planet Earth
« Reply #22184 on: January 09, 2022, 04:55:42 PM »

That was an ugly, ugly loss. 

One hardly knows where to begin. 

Julius's Jeckyl & Hyde manifestations baffle me. 

After an exemplary game at the Garden, where he eschewed settling for long jumpers with aggressive drives to the hoop, well....

RJ, IQ and Grimes were 9-18 from trey. 

Randle and Burks were a combined 2-12. 

Julius did not get to the free throw line a single time, and despite 12 boards and 6 assists, 6 turnovers. 

Worse, the Knicks were 6-15 from the FT line, while the Celtics were 15-17.  UNACCEPTABLE. 

PS: I love Obi, but the notion that somehow he is ready to supplant Julius, or that Thibs has gelded him, is dubious.  Two things.  ONE: Without both ROSE and WALKER, the kind of back cuts and P&R opportunities an effective PG can precipitate with an athelete like Obi are pretty much negated.  TWO: Obi has yet to display a consistent, effective, NBA grade outside shooting game on par with his college heroics, either in the form of a midrange stop and pop off of the dribble, or from three point range, where he has been a horrific 12-58.  EVERY TIME OBI HITS A JUMPER, AN ANGEL GETS HIS WINGS. 

PPS: Too bad we didn't get to see if Fournier was down for two effective games in a row.  The ripple effect of his absence was all too obvious, as the cutting lanes which might otherwise have been available to Randle and Burks with someone offering the threat of an outside game, were shut down, and they were forced to SETTLE FOR CONTESTED JUMPERS, rather than PRECIPITATE OFFENSE with drives to the hoop. 

PPPS: Of course, with drives to the hoop, it doenst hurt to hit your damn free throws. 

OH WELL....  San Antonio, Dallas, Atlanta and Charlotte beckon.  Things could get quite ugly in the forseeable future. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 06:05:35 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 1850