Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 939243 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22260 on: January 13, 2022, 02:57:36 PM »

He would get an extension soon just like the Knicks have to decide on RJ's extension, and ATL is loaded at the wings.  He was getting fewer minutes than Timothe Luwawu Cabarrot.

Reddish injured his ankle in a 12/31 game which is why he has been limited.  He had previously injured the ankle on 12/23 and also had an earlier wrist injury.  Bears watching if Cam can stay healthy

https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/player.php?id=4772
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22261 on: January 13, 2022, 02:58:33 PM »

Should be pointed out how Knicks have not made the same mistake with Knox that they did with Frank.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: KP trade tree grows taller
« Reply #22262 on: January 13, 2022, 03:10:16 PM »

So since the Porzingis trade brought us the Dallas pick at 19 last year and the Dallas pick brought us the Charlotte pick and the Charlotte pick brought us Cam Reddish  we really must thank Cuban and the Mavs.

BoD will not accept the final tally, as by his logic, we got NO ASSETS BACK, but the Dallas trade begat a lot of moves and signings.  AND CAP SPACE IS SURE AS HELL AN ASSET. 

* The first of two Dallas picks finally summed out to REDDISH

* The Dennis Smith aquisition was flipped for ROSE

* The cap space from warm incoming bodies Matthews and Jordan, and outgoing bodies Hardaway and Lee and Trey Burke, allowed us to sign a host of free agents, including MORRIS, who was ultimately flipped for #1 & #2 picks which turned into QUICKLEY, JOKUBIC and MCBRIDE, and to sign RANDLE, Portis, Payton, Bullock, GIBSON, BURKS, and eventually NOEL.  Some of that cap space [Payton & Bullock] was converted into FOURNIER.  Oh, and Austin Rivers was transformed into JERICHO SIMS

* We still have our own 2022 #1, our own 2023 #1 and the Mavs 2023 #1

Porzingis, Hardaway, Lee, Burke > Randle, Burks, Noel, Gibson, Rose, Quickley, McBride 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:16:25 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22263 on: January 13, 2022, 03:32:01 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded OBI now.   I think with Cam you have a guy who can give you minutes backing up Julius and he can also defend the wing.   Thibs likes versatility and Cam is the more versatile player.

Obi and Kemba seem to be the pair of players we most could live without.  The question is what would we get back?  Can we acquire a good young PG with that package?

I also think that we move our first round pick.   OBI+Kemba+our first.  That might be enough potential and talent to return a starter.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22264 on: January 13, 2022, 03:45:39 PM »

If we deal Toppin it is for value.  I think across the NBA his acq. value is pretty high.  Who do you have in mind as a trade addition?  I have heard Dallas is in on Schroder.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22265 on: January 13, 2022, 03:53:50 PM »

If Dallas isn't going to re-sign Jalen Brunson in the offseason then it behooves them to move him and get something back.   We could easily offer them their own pick back in 2023 or the package I described above.  Kemba on the cheap to nominally replace Brunson.   OBI for value.   And a first if we have to kick it in.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #22266 on: January 13, 2022, 04:12:45 PM »

If Dallas isn't going to re-sign Jalen Brunson in the offseason then it behooves them to move him and get something back.   We could easily offer them their own pick back in 2023 or the package I described above.  Kemba on the cheap to nominally replace Brunson.   OBI for value.   And a first if we have to kick it in.

NO

Way

PS: As you duly noted, Brunson is an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT in summer of 2022.  And you would give up OBI and a #1 NOW.  Puhleese.  Don't see Knicks doing that, not to mention, fans who would lose it if we traded OBI. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:15:59 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22267 on: January 13, 2022, 04:20:37 PM »

There are folks to keep an eye on. Brunson is one for sure.

There is no rush and no fire.

Mitch Noel Sims
Randle Obi Taj Luca
Fournier Reddish
Barrett Grimes
Burks Quickley McBride Walker Rose

Cam, when he is physically ready and caught up, fills a Reggie Bullock sized hole in our lineup with some added room to grow. We replaced Franks wingspan in less then half a season for a middling draft asset and the expiring contract of Kevin Knox.

The Burks Barrett backcourt is about not only ability but availability as well.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22268 on: January 13, 2022, 04:21:46 PM »

If someone needs an emeritus PG, one of our beloved two may go.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22269 on: January 13, 2022, 04:22:24 PM »

NO

Way

PS: As you duly noted, Brunson is an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT in summer of 2022.  And you would give up OBI and a #1 NOW.  Puhleese.  Don't see Knicks doing that, not to mention, fans who would lose it if we traded OBI.

Do we have cap room to offer an unrestricted FA?

PS.  Fans are going to have to reconcile themselves with the fact that one or more of the youth we've drafted recently will be moved.   I don't want to lose OBI who is my favorite Knick. But I don't want to lose RJ, I don't want to lose IQ, I don't want to lose Grimes, etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:24:10 PM by Kam »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22270 on: January 13, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »

Cruel

Does Knicks management have a plan for Randle and company beyond following a failed blueprint?

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-knicks-same-as-the-old-knicks-210814867.html

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: January 13, 2022, 04:28:56 PM »

Cruel

Does Knicks management have a plan for Randle and company beyond following a failed blueprint?

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-knicks-same-as-the-old-knicks-210814867.html

It's not the same at all.  That team had no youth and no picks.   This team has plenty of young players with upside and is stocked with picks.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: You are hired
« Reply #22272 on: January 13, 2022, 04:29:53 PM »

I would give Sims a look behind Mitch and if it looked off, I would quickly go to a vet. If Sims holds his own or better, let it ride. I think Jericho finally missed a shot tonight.

I also like the Obi and Randle frontcourt some.

Obi and Noel are actually somewhat interesting in that they are similarly sized and both really good at covering ground. If there is no bully on the other second unit, it may be worth a longer look.

I hope this game is a harbinger of the perimeter guys finding their way into sustainable roles and we can keep this level of play going.

That is what I would tell you if I had any say on Knicks affairs, which I do not.
I would also ask you to work as an assistant for a while.

On an different subject, I would say BoZizzley really, really does not like Russell Westbrook.
What did Russ do to deserve that disdain?

Ask the Sac Kings

Kamster, I know he just had a very bad game, following a few bad games, but BoZ-s dislike is old and runs deep.
Poor Russ musta done something to BoZ, either in this life or in some prior one, and I do not know what that could be.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:16:54 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Cameron Elijah Reddish
« Reply #22273 on: January 13, 2022, 04:38:11 PM »

Biblical Tidings

Immanuel AND Elijah AND Obadiah AND Jericho

Thibs has a taste for Old Testament Prophets [and Bronze Age offensive schemes]

My favorite Prophet is Elijah.

I always drank his wine for Passover, after drinking mine of course.

After all, as the one no-really-Jewish participant in the festivities, I also was in charge of opening to door for him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:15:56 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22274 on: January 13, 2022, 04:43:34 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded OBI now.   I think with Cam you have a guy who can give you minutes backing up Julius and he can also defend the wing.   Thibs likes versatility and Cam is the more versatile player.

Nooooooooooo!

Obi is a verb. In development. Not a normal asset. Just needs time to get where he's going. 

He already seems incredibly resilient, a great physical talent, a strong attitude and entertaining as fuck.

I don't think he's a one-trick freak.

Would. Not. Trade. The. Man.
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 1850