Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264772 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1860 on: January 04, 2019, 04:58:45 PM »

the Rose Bowl... game has NEVER featured two 3 loss teams’ but that becomes more than just possible under an 8 team playoff system.

That would suck

Alarmist talk. Part of the negotiated agreements could simply preclude that.
. Really? Negotiated agreements of what?
In fact all of the Big Name bowls could be protected.
They already are.
But the PAC and Big would have to be reasonable as to who gets to play in it.
Why would either agree to change anything? And why do you not ask the same questions of the Sugar Bowl?

1) Who gets to play where and why.(To preclude your alarmist 'they sky is falling two 9-3 teams in the Rose Bowl' idiocy) AKA simple seeding by using all four major bowl games as playoff games. Please stop acting like a child. Or playing the fool. I'm not sure which.

2) Future James 'future', sheesh we've been over this. Not 'now', 'later' the future already. Again stop acting like a twit. It is annoying.

3a) To accommodate a change in the number of teams.

3b) I would be asking the same changes for all of them twit. Pay attention.

Question for you. After you answer the question, try and think outside the box to reason why it was asked.

How many of the Top 8 teams in the CFPR had 3 losses?
None.
Why do you ask?

So you don't know. I'm not surprised.

Okay I'm wasting my time, we're done here.
Ah. Didn’t think that one through did you?

No, I thought it through. I assumed you were smart enough to connect the dots I gave you.

Once again I was counting on you to show some intelligence. Although I've gotten enough examples from you showing it is not going to happen that I should really stop trying. But I'm a hopeful sort of person so...
Looks like those dots blocked your vision thingy.

Rave on MacDorf.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 04, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »

Haskins' successor sees the light of Day.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/01/justin-fields-5-star-transfer-quarterback-from-georgia-is-headed-to-ohio-state-report.html#incart_2box

I saw that today too. Incredible pickup for OSU. This kid is going to be electric in the right offense as long as he doesn't go all Jalen Hurts and neglect his passing game.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 04, 2019, 07:49:34 PM »

we're done here.

If only that were true
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 04, 2019, 07:58:14 PM »

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 04, 2019, 08:01:38 PM »

We love visiting Cali. Went five times last year, from Cabrillo Monument to Crescent City. If I could, I would try to retire to Carmel by the Sea. Big Sur and the Monterey Peninsula are two of my favorite places in the world.

Have lived here all my life.  Still a pretty nice place despite the bad politics and high taxes.   Carmel/Monterey is a great place.  Wife and I going up there for our anniversary later this year.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 04, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »

we're done here.

If only that were true
He has only posted twice about that topic since saying he was done. For cap that is admirable restraint.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 01:47:15 PM by whiskeypriest »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 04, 2019, 10:09:03 PM »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 05, 2019, 01:15:58 PM »

Oh give me land
Lotsa land
where the Bizun roam. 
Every year
Or so itseems.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 05, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25691009/usc-trojans-deny-new-york-jets-arizona-cardinals-permission-interview-kliff-kingsbury

Yeah, there's been a lot of chatter on the subject over the past couple of days.  He better be awfully good... that's all I can say.  So far, he looks a little Lane Kiffinish in terms of maturity and character.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 05, 2019, 05:39:52 PM »

The Colts are looking like Purdue vs the ohio state

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 06, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25691009/usc-trojans-deny-new-york-jets-arizona-cardinals-permission-interview-kliff-kingsbury

Yeah, there's been a lot of chatter on the subject over the past couple of days.  He better be awfully good... that's all I can say.  So far, he looks a little Lane Kiffinish in terms of maturity and character.

Follow the money.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 07, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »

ACC's title game contract includes out clause in case CFP expands

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25701172/acc-clause-charlotte-football-championship-game

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The ACC's football conference championship game contract with the city of Charlotte, which runs through 2030, includes an out clause that accounts for the possibility of a change to the postseason format should conference title games ever be eliminated, commissioner John Swofford told ESPN on Sunday.

While none of the FBS conference commissioners are seriously considering that, they are all willing to at least evaluate the current status of the College Football Playoff, which is wrapping up its fifth season.

Swofford said at this point, he still believes the four-team format works best.

"I think it's reasonable to evaluate it," he said, "but most of the noise is from outside the room, not within the room. I don't think we should have our heads stuck in the sand ... you want to re-evaluate it and see if it's accomplishing what you want it to accomplish, and certainly to this point I think it would appear the answer has been yes."

And there is the outside the box connect the dots thinking that I was trying to coax young Skippy into reasoning out himself when I asked him how many of the top eight teams had three losses at the end of the regular season. Alas he couldn't quite get there.

And before you yak James no one including me is saying it will happen. Just that there would/could be a way to protect all of the top four bowl games if expansion occurred.

You take the top eight teams and put them in the four major bowls. No conference CG game. No two 9-3 teams in your precious playpen the Rose Bowl. And once again it was/is conjecture about 'possibilities'. Not that it would happen but it 'could' happen.

This idea has been discussed before. Use the four bowl games. And not just in this fashion. They could keep the conference CG games and still use the bowl games as an 8 team quarterfinal then semi-final games then CG game. More games sure. But they play 16 regular season games, and potentially play 19, in the pros.

That suggested format has been out there for several years. And before you say it will never happen, remember you said four games would never happen. Times change. 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:45:44 AM by CaptainCargo »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 07, 2019, 09:13:13 AM »

Awful lot of contingent travel with that extra week.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 329