Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 569

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120264 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6495 on: November 15, 2023, 08:09:43 PM »

A Jennifer Jones movie...in the classroom:

"We will consider the country of Palestine...the original home of the Jews".

#####

Well there you go.
Game, set, and match.
Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys.
Jennifer Jones was married to Robert Walker.  He was so great in "Strangers on a Train."  Hard to believe he was on 32 when he died.

Great movie, and sad loss for American film.  Murdered by malpractice by his psychiatrist. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: November 15, 2023, 08:15:56 PM »

As for the rest... I did not expect any better of you. Yes, the word fertile is in the Bible. But the concept of a fertile Crescent running from Basra to, depending on your source, down the Nile is not.

Were you and YankGuy separated at birth in the Fertile Land of Esoteria?

LOL!
If you need directions from Moronvia let us know.

LOL!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: November 15, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »

As for the rest... I did not expect any better of you. Yes, the word fertile is in the Bible. But the concept of a fertile Crescent running from Basra to, depending on your source, down the Nile is not.

LOL!

LOL!
Thanks for playing.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: November 15, 2023, 08:47:02 PM »

Trivia question for ya in Movies thread, Yank.  Though Lime may beat you to it, if he's not out canvasing Phoenix for the Q Anon Shaman campaign.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: November 15, 2023, 08:48:52 PM »

LOL!

LOL!
Thanks for playing.
Dammit! I thought I was going to get one of your patented "Say 'goodnight' Gracie" as your snappish response.  I just lost $20.00 in the pool.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: November 15, 2023, 08:51:14 PM »

Trivia question for ya in Movies thread, Yank.  Though Lime may beat you to it, if he's not out canvasing Phoenix for the Q Anon Shaman campaign.
  I got that one. 

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: November 15, 2023, 09:54:33 PM »

Indeed.  Maybe Hairy can catch the bonus questions.  At least one, if he doesn't fiddle around. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: November 15, 2023, 10:23:02 PM »

Murdered by malpractice by his psychiatrist.
I told my Psychiatrist I had suicidal thoughts.
Since then he makes me pay in advance.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: November 16, 2023, 12:09:48 AM »

That seems totally in character with everyone who follows Steve Bannon and Steve Miller into every open sewer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: November 16, 2023, 10:37:16 AM »

An oldie but a goodie.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: November 16, 2023, 10:41:05 AM »

LOL!
Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but whoever hates reproof is stupid. And it is pretty obvious where you come down.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: November 16, 2023, 12:31:56 PM »

LOL!
Whoever loves correction loves knowledge,
Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 12:34:33 PM by Espnthree »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: November 16, 2023, 06:55:30 PM »

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88xeg3/gop-ghost-bus

Another crackpot theory.  With a cool-sounding name.  The Right wants so badly not to have to own their actions on January 6.  Ghost bus to the rescue!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: November 16, 2023, 07:59:15 PM »

Amanda breaks down the Trump technique of using sexism and misogyny to con people.   And how Ivanka helps.

https://www.salon.com/2023/11/10/i-am-not-a-misogynist-ivankas-testimony-shows-how-the-exploit-sexism-to-defraud-people/

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: November 17, 2023, 07:02:53 PM »

Bamboozling lenders?
Excuse me, the lenders should've done their homework properly.
Lenders are supposed to have expert valuers, expert accountants...margin rules, security rules, qualification rules.
Not supposed to just believe what loan applicants say...no matter their manner...ranters, ravers, BS artists, sweet, calm, demure..."good cop, bad cop" routines, braggers, and the "don't you know who I am" brigade.
Wise lenders never get themselves into trouble.
Investors...ditto.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:16:35 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 569