Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575]

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121468 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8610 on: Today at 10:41:02 AM »

Going back in time to strangle Gavrillo Princip in his crib. Which is more workable than yours.
A laughable redirection of the argument.
Only if you want to ignore history and the historical context of what is happening in Israel and Palestine. Which is convenient for you.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: Today at 11:04:20 AM »

November 29, 1947: The UN General Assembly passes UN Resolution 181, which calls for the partition of Palestine into a Jewish state and an Arab state.

November 30, 1947: Palestinian Arabs ambush a bus carrying Jewish passengers near Lod (Lydda), an attack often cited as the start of the civil war in Palestine.

December 2, 1947: The Arab Higher Committee, the leading organizer of the Palestinian Arab nationalist movement in Jerusalem, announces a three-day strike against the partition plan. Riots break out in the city, and violence between Arabs and Jews escalates.

#####

Well there you go.
Simple really.
If only...
Oh well, they didn't, so the wars began.
If only what? They had agreed to having the UN take their and and divide it up in clear violation of the UN"s stated principle of self-determination and which dispossessed their people of their lands and homes? Palestinians were 60% of the population and owned 90% of the land, and were being forced from half of it. Of COURSE they fucking objected. So would you. And despite the 76 years sine the partition, you would still be pissed about it to this day.

And about Israel's acceptance of the mandate?

"I see in the realization of this plan practically the decisive stage in the beginning of fl redemption and the most wonderful lever for the gradual conquest of all of Palestine.

- David Ben Gurion.

That was in reference to an earlier plan of partition (from the League of Nations, in a Resolution that referred to the 90% of the population of Palestine as the "existing non-Jewish population" which shows that disregarding the humanity of Palestinians did not begin with bigots and haters like you) but the Palestinians fully knew that Zionist leadership wanted a Jewish state that encompassed all of Palestine, "from the river to the sea" as some would phrase it.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: Today at 11:20:06 AM »

Going back in time to strangle Gavrillo Princip in his crib. Which is more workable than yours.
Only if you want to ignore history and the historical context of what is happening in Israel and Palestine. Which is convenient for you.
Hardly. Your selective use of historical facts cannot make the Arabs the good guys, if you will.
The partition of Palestine was a political decision by world leaders after World War Two.
The Arabs have bitterly disagreed but by choosing violence to protest have made Israel into a world power out of its  need to survive.
Now as more Arab nations seek more peaceful solutions comes Hamas, with no allies, save Iran.
Their tactics have guaranteed the deaths of its own citizens, many of which are deliberately used as targets  so as to engender world sympathy.
Hamas is evil. Arabs shun it. Israel, as it has done for 75 years, will  do what it needs to survive.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: Today at 12:21:04 PM »

Israel, as it has done for 75 years, will  do what it needs to survive.

The first step to Israeli survival is dumping Bibi. The second step is abandoning settlements. The third step is making amends to the people of Palestine.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: Today at 12:33:18 PM »

Hardly. Your selective use of historical facts cannot make the Arabs the good guys, if you will.
The partition of Palestine was a political decision by world leaders after World War Two.
The Arabs have bitterly disagreed but by choosing violence to protest have made Israel into a world power out of its  need to survive.
Now as more Arab nations seek more peaceful solutions comes Hamas, with no allies, save Iran.
Their tactics have guaranteed the deaths of its own citizens, many of which are deliberately used as targets  so as to engender world sympathy.
Hamas is evil. Arabs shun it. Israel, as it has done for 75 years, will  do what it needs to survive.
I am not arguing anyone is a good guy. Not after 76 years of eye for eye. I am saying the UN ignoring the right to self-determination for the Palestinians has created an untenable situation.  And Israelis are about as far from blameless as the Palestinians are.

And my sympathies are with the Palestinians, not Hamas. I just do not think that removing them from the playing field would result in a just solution,  but rather one where the just grievances of the Palestinians continue to be ignored. Those grievances will rise again, and violently, if they continue to be ignored. If people are not heard in a political way, they find another way. It is what happens to a dream deferred.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: Today at 01:31:28 PM »

I am not arguing anyone is a good guy. Not after 76 years of eye for eye.
A complete distortion of history.  Israel has always been willing to coexist with people who agree not to live in peace.
Regrettably the arrival of Hamas has taken that solution off the table in Gaza.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: Today at 01:40:29 PM »

I am not arguing anyone is a good guy. Not after 76 years of eye for eye. I am saying the UN ignoring the right to self-determination for the Palestinians has created an untenable situation.  And Israelis are about as far from blameless as the Palestinians are.

And my sympathies are with the Palestinians, not Hamas. I just do not think that removing them from the playing field would result in a just solution,  but rather one where the just grievances of the Palestinians continue to be ignored. Those grievances will rise again, and violently, if they continue to be ignored. If people are not heard in a political way, they find another way. It is what happens to a dream deferred.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: Today at 01:43:22 PM »

And anyone who is not the reigning monarch of Straw Man sophistry would acknowledge you are not saying anyone is a good guy in this three-quarter-century goatfuck.  Red loves to waste peoples time.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: Today at 02:06:52 PM »

A complete distortion of history.  Israel has always been willing to coexist with people who agree not to live in peace.
Yes, provided they leave like you advocate and let Israel control all of Palestine from the river to the sea, just like Ben Gurion envisioned.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: Today at 02:47:02 PM »

Yes, provided they leave like you advocate and let Israel control all of Palestine from the river to the sea, just like Ben Gurion envisioned.
I don

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: Today at 02:50:23 PM »

I don
Your gay apparel?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: Today at 03:09:11 PM »

I don
Your gay apparel?
Actually it looks like the words "vote for" were omitted between "I" and "don"
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: Today at 03:33:25 PM »

I do not advocate anything in Gaza until Israel wipes out Hamas completely.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575]