Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 265223 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4350 on: November 15, 2021, 06:11:30 PM »

The Pennsylvania State University 27, Meatchicken 21

Well, Michigan DID score 21.

But Pedophile State came up 10 points shy of that bold prediction.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: November 18, 2021, 01:09:41 PM »

A couple of key games, but with the bulk of the God apostrophe s Conference teams enjoying some cupcakes in advance of traditional rivalry games, it is not a deep week.

EVENTUAL 2021-2022 NATIONAL CHAMPION Michigan State 42, The 25

I saw these numbers in a dream, floating around my head. A Kelly Green 2, a scarlet 2, a Kelly Green 4 and a scarlet 5. I put them together in the order that makes the most sense to me. The possibility that my dream was telling me the score would be the 52, MSU 24 has occurred to me as more likely, but who am I to predict defeat, under any circumstances. I am not sure we have an answer to their receivers. Even above the talented starting 3, the has good tight ends and we have not covered them well, even more so than our not covering wide outs, all year. But, the Hell with it. We pressure Stroud and force him into bad decisions. Toss in some big plays against the the defense which remains suspect (oh, the verbal gymnastics required when an apostrophe is unavailable!) and Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner III having a big day on the ground and UPSET! Come to think of it, this could well be the game that makes or breaks III as a Heisman winner.

Meatchicken 31, Maryland 17

Maryland showed a strong run defense against us for a half, but that left them open for a pretty efficient passing attack.  Meat does not have a quarterback as good as Thorne, or receivers as good as ours, but they should be good enough.  Maryland needs one more win to become bowl eligible, but that will have to wait until next week. Meatchicken needs to keep pace with the winner of the MSU slash the game to keep playoff hopes alive.

Woke Forrest 31, ClemSIN 24

Yes, ClemSIN still has a pretty good defense, but Woke has been putting up points all year long.  ClemSIN still has not shown a reliable offense. I am still surprised at this. Woke has a pretty poor porous defense, so ClemSIN can win if they can keep the Woke O in check.

Alabama 42, Arkansas 24

At some point the absence of a credible run game is going to be an issue for Alabama (cough Georgia end cough). Pirate Sound* Kansas had one big OOC win that is looking less and less impressive as the year has gone on. They do have some big wins in God apostrophe s Conference, but they have also given up a lot of points to teams with good passing games. Like, say, Alabama has.

Utah 35, Oregon 30

Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!

Cincinnati 27, Southern Methodist 20

This is the first team with a pulse Cinci has played since Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie. They have been less than impressive for weeks despite winning. I think that continues this week. SMU has dropped a couple in a row, but they are still a quality Gang of 6 team, so an upset is possible. Predicitong mid majors can be so Fickell.

UCLA 35, Southern California 27

Why is this not the last regular season game of the year for these teams? Why is college football so bent on denying me the pleasure of childhood memories?  First no Oklahoma Nebraska showdown, now UCLA and USC moved up a week?  Bastards. Rat bastards. The string is being played out in SC, has been since September, but they should be up for UCLA.

Oklahoma 35, Iowa State 27

The Caleb Williams band wagon has officially taken Meek s cutoff, or died of dysentery or whatever Oregon Trail reference works best. Toast. It is toast. Anyway, ISU was thought to be a major player in the Pure Prairie League, and they are still dangerous, but I think Oklahoma rights its ship.

Kansas State 27, Baylor 21

For much the same reason Purducken beat MSU and Iowa. Big wins followed by good opponents are rough to do, especially on the road. Anyway, once Tuck signs that ten year 95 million dollar offer from MSU I suspect Dave Aranda is next up for LSU. That new tv deal for the Big However Many rocks.

Oklahoma State 27, Texas Tech 14

Unlike God apostrophe s Conference, the Pure Prairie League is not shy about scheduling moderately tough games in advance of the big rivalry games. Moderately tough. Okie State should set up Bedlam, Round 1 nicely.

Wisconsin 27, Nebraska 10

Wisky has been on a roll since dropping three of four at the start of the season, all to pretty good teams. There are two ways of looking at this, first that they have corrected and improved their offensive issues since the Meatchicken game. Or, second, all their games have come against the Big However Many West (and Eastern doormat Rutgers) which is awash in mediocrity. Actually, I think it is a combination of the two. Settling on Braelon Allen seems to have solidified the running game, but other than Iowa they have ploughed through pretty loose soil. I was surprised that Nebraska extended the program killing Frost, but this is probably the wrong year for a program like Nebraska to be courting coaches. Way too may better openings. That is probably going to save more than one job. Like Mullins in Florida.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 35, Georgia Tech 20

Everyone knew the change over from the single wing offense, or whatever outdated offense they had, was going to be tough for GTU, but they remain a wreck despite recruiting for a real offense for a couple of years. I do not think OLotPT is anything like one of the four best teams, but them getting in the playoffs is about a 33 percent chance right now, especially if Alabama loses to Georgia

Mary Hardin, Mary Hardin Baylor 42, Trinity 13

D III playoff time! They had two teams in common on their schedule, Texas Lutheran and McMurry. Both waxed the heretic schismatics, but against McMurry MHB scored 77 points, while Trinity did not score a point**. That is a definitive data point right there.

Mount Union 52, Washington and Lee 7

Sure that is two generals the Mount is going against, which is tough, but keep in mind one of them was a rank traitor to his country. And last Saturday, they lost the battle for the Shenandoah. The last time that happened to Lee his surrender followed hard after.

* Arrrr.

** The game was cancelled. That does not change anything.

Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: November 18, 2021, 02:33:39 PM »

For the Michigan Haters out there---Seton Hall beat them in basketball this week, in Michigan.

Ha!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: November 18, 2021, 03:38:28 PM »

Let's send congrats to Rutgers for the B1G win. Many had picked Michigan to win it all, but there is pandemonium in Piscataway, today!

https://www.onthebanks.com/2021/11/7/22768757/rutgers-field-hockey-wins-big-ten-championship-michigan-tayla-parkes-meredith-civico-kerrie-burns
Any loss in any sport by Meatchicken warms the cockles of my heart.

Michigan women got revenge on the soccer pitch.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: November 20, 2021, 12:55:45 PM »

Eeeesh!
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: November 20, 2021, 01:25:34 PM »

Double Eeesh!!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: November 20, 2021, 01:32:12 PM »

Either the Spartan DC doesn't have the athletes to play the Buckeyed receivers up on the line or he's stupid. Hopefully it's the former. This last TD pass for OSU was because the CB was 10 tards off the line. That's about as stupid of a coverage for that position on the field as it gets.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: November 20, 2021, 02:26:09 PM »

I blame the refs.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: November 20, 2021, 02:39:09 PM »

Either the Spartan DC doesn't have the athletes to play the Buckeyed receivers up on the line or he's stupid. Hopefully it's the former. This last TD pass for OSU was because the CB was 10 tards off the line. That's about as stupid of a coverage for that position on the field as it gets.
It is talent.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: November 20, 2021, 04:52:12 PM »

Played them even in the second half.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: November 20, 2021, 06:59:56 PM »

Whether Bama wins or not I think OSU jumps Alabama in the next poll.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: November 20, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »

Hard to believe this group of green Keystone Kops beat the Buckeyed.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: November 21, 2021, 11:16:08 AM »

MSU is on a level with Rutgers.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: November 22, 2021, 10:16:47 AM »

So, Georgia is in, even losing in the God apostrophe s Conference Championship game. The, Alabama and Meatchicken are in if they win out. Cinci also? PAWCP and the South Atlantic League winner will have at least two losses, but there is a chance Okie/Okie State is a one loss conference champ. Would either of those teams jump Cinci if they win out? How about a 2 loss Bama?

And did C J Stroud clinch the Heisman Saturday, or does he need a strong showing against an actual competent pass defense?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: November 22, 2021, 12:28:52 PM »

I dont know - I vote for Gordie Lockbaum every year
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 329