Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 569

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120000 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7020 on: January 06, 2024, 07:45:04 PM »

ISIS, ISIL, IS...or whatever they're calling themselves this week...have claimed responsibility for the bombings in Iran recently.
"Death to America" the People cried...LOL
Wasn't America at all.
It was Muslim terrorists!
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: January 07, 2024, 01:26:25 AM »

A Boeing plane came apart during flight and almost sucked the people out of a hole in the plane...

Air travel sucks.  Didn't you know that?

I would love to have money to travel right now, but not on Boeing. And Italy and Greece and the South of France are all great this time of year. Spain would be nice too. Just not on Boeing.

Salute,

Tony V.

All the Boeing drama just shown on my news.
"plug" in the side of the plane fell/popped out, the "plug"  being one that could be used as an exit door in a emergency.
Door sized hole then in side of plane.
Shirt was sucked off a small child and out of the plane.
Mother was hanging onto the child so it didn't follow the shirt.

The two people booked to occupy the seats next to the "plug"/giant sucking hole...missed their flight!

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: January 07, 2024, 03:48:00 PM »

Instead of the Republicans trying to be assholes regarding the immigrants, the stupid fuckers in Texas and in Florida could use their brains and they can organize and help people instead of just being pricks.

The assholes can wise up, and they can send the immigrants where they are needed.

For instance, the Farm Workers can join the United Farm Workers and can be sent where the farm jobs are. The construction workers can be sent to where the construction jobs are. Etc Etc Etc. And the educated immigrants can be Teachers and we can send the Teachers to areas such as Kentucky where teachers are needed.

We need to organize, and we need to send the immigrants to where they can do the most good for everyone concerned. Instead of the Republicans just trying to be assholes.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: January 07, 2024, 05:31:19 PM »

Instead of the Republicans trying to be assholes regarding the immigrants, the stupid fuckers in Texas and in Florida could use their brains and they can organize and help people instead of just being pricks.

The assholes can wise up, and they can send the immigrants where they are needed.

For instance, the Farm Workers can join the United Farm Workers and can be sent where the farm jobs are. The construction workers can be sent to where the construction jobs are. Etc Etc Etc. And the educated immigrants can be Teachers and we can send the Teachers to areas such as Kentucky where teachers are needed.

We need to organize, and we need to send the immigrants to where they can do the most good for everyone concerned. Instead of the Republicans just trying to be assholes.

Salute,

Tony V.

All. Of. This.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: January 07, 2024, 06:38:37 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/01/04/chatterley-mickey-mouse-copyright/

Lady Chatterley and Mickey Mouse enter the public domain and all you get is this column 

https://archive.is/DvUSQ

One of America's great humorists, one of her funniest columns.  Tears running down my cheeks.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: January 07, 2024, 11:10:53 PM »

It was a bit cheesy, but I did have a good laugh at the last line. Points to Alex and thanks for the link
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: January 08, 2024, 02:10:38 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/01/04/chatterley-mickey-mouse-copyright/

Lady Chatterley and Mickey Mouse enter the public domain and all you get is this column 

One of America's great humorists, one of her funniest columns.  Tears running down my cheeks.

Laugh out loud funny!

I knew Alex as a 9th grader in high school when she was a theater kid as were my own kids who were a couple years older.

Ha! Dropping that kind of information used to drive Utley batty.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: January 08, 2024, 05:40:51 AM »

Ah yes, me old mate Mutley...wonder what he's doing these days.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: January 08, 2024, 06:36:16 AM »

Not that it matters to anything....

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is 'sharp'.
I'm impressed with him..
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: January 08, 2024, 10:44:01 AM »

Laugh out loud funny!

I knew Alex as a 9th grader in high school when she was a theater kid as were my own kids who were a couple years older.

Ha! Dropping that kind of information used to drive Utley batty.

I remembered you knew her BITD.  A legitimate name drop.  Most of mine (except for Alan Ginsberg) were random encounters where we barely met.  Like passing Gorbachev when he was leaving the can with his security detail (he nodded at me, in a very Russian way) after he delivered an address at my university. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: January 08, 2024, 02:04:29 PM »

I'm impressed with him..

Competence and integrity in the center and the left. Nothing but criminality and obfuscation from the right.

It is the same story the world over.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: January 08, 2024, 06:22:53 PM »

I'm impressed with him..

Competence and integrity in the center and the left. Nothing but criminality and obfuscation from the right.

lol
Only in your dreams.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: January 08, 2024, 06:41:22 PM »

I'm impressed with him..

lol
Only in your dreams.

Yeah? Where is the lie?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: January 09, 2024, 12:29:58 AM »

I'm impressed with him..

lol
Only in your dreams.

Yeah? Where is the lie?

In bambuland, which is in the world, competence and integrity come from the Centre-Right/Right.
Also in Europe, as one by one the countries are replacing their failed Leftist govts with Rightist ones.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 12:34:44 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: January 09, 2024, 10:54:29 AM »

Trumps lawyers kicked off Tuesdays hearing by arguing that prosecuting a former president would open a Pandoras box. They claim Trump was working in his official capacity as president to (quote)ensure election integrity(unquote) when he allegedly undermined the 2020 election results and therefore has immunity.

Ensure election integrity.

Not a big emoji user but 😂
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 569