Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 570

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120557 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7800 on: March 01, 2024, 08:42:21 PM »

I saw the re-release of "Stop Making Sense" on a big screen a couple of months ago.  So great....
Cedar-Lee Theater, dollar Mondays, 1984. With the arguable exception of Blood Simple the next year, maybe the best $1.00 I ever spent.

Blood Simple! my intro to the Coen bros. Fantastic.

Saw Stop Making Sense at Forest Hills in summer of 83! Exhilarating!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: March 01, 2024, 08:42:51 PM »

Never seemed them live but they have moved from my headphones to my playlists and have been with me most of my life.

LarryB!

• View Profile

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: March 01, 2024, 09:03:39 PM »

Mental state in USA should be worse. Brand new drug dealers swarming over the southern border unopposed. Welcome free food and shelter for at least 6 mos. the prez loves you. He will move some vets and poor people aside.

The drug dealers are already here. The people coming here are for the most part just like your folks who came before. Leaving a bad situation coming to the LAND OF OPPORTUNITY ready willing and able to work their asses off if they have permission to work (like Ukrainian refugees) and a path to citizenship.

Unlike any country in the world America IS America because of the immigrants whose toil, sweat and blood built this joint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8QxCD6ir8

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: March 01, 2024, 09:13:46 PM »

Unlike any country in the world America IS America because of the immigrants whose toil, sweat and blood built this joint.

Even when thousands  of them here illegally rape and kill our  kids while out on parole for killing and raping more of our kids.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: March 01, 2024, 09:34:18 PM »

We need to bring our immigrants out of the shadows and we need to make them legal so that they can be protected by our laws, there is no rightful benefit to keep them illegal, we need to make our immigrants legal like Reagan did.

And we need to work together with Mexico as a team to solve our mutually beneficial issues such as reducing crime and expanding trade. And our Senior Citizens can retire to live cheaply on beaches in Mexico, etc. A lot of Americans dream about retiring to a beach in Mexico. And Sammy Hagar has his club in Cabo. A lot of money is being invested in Mexico right now, and they are good hard workers, Mexico is going to be nice in 20 years. People from Minnesota are going to want to retire to live on a beach in Mexico, etc.

The same way that we need to open communication up with China, then so too must we open up communication with Mexico, etc. And Rudy Giuliani went to Mexico to give them advice, Rudy used to support Mexico as our good neighbor.

Also, on the issue of inflation, then our US Dollar is strong in Mexico, the Mexicans will work hard for the US Dollar, and they keep food prices low by working on our farms, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: March 01, 2024, 11:04:25 PM »

We need to make our immigrants legal so that they can be essential workers as we give a free education to Americans and send them all to school to be doctors, psychiatrists, scientists, teachers, etc. And as the people of Kentucky go back to school we can send them cheap products from Mexico, and from China, etc, and our immigrants help to produce cheap food here in America.

And Larry is right, the drug dealers are already in America, the meth dealers are White people, and they just busted a big drug ring that was selling meth in Canada and it was all white people. The people selling meth in California City are all White people, and the same in Apple Valley, etc. And keeping the Mexicans illegal does not do anything to stop the drugs, if we made them legal like Reagan did then it would bring them out of the shadows, and they could call the police to report a crime, etc. Bad things happen in the shadows, we need to make our immigrants legal and we need to bring them out of the shadows.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: March 01, 2024, 11:56:39 PM »

Instead of diverting attention by blaming the problems on the Mexicans, then we need to look at the real problems.

Mayor Bass is correct in stating that homelessness is our number one crisis in Los Angeles. So we need to look at what happened over the course of the last 30 years to cause us to have 70,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, and we need to deal with the issues. Meanwhile we have Proposition 1 in California that will get people into housing, and it will train people to work in the field of treating the mentally ill, etc, and then as people are helped a chain reaction can happen and they can learn how to help other people. And our best college for training psychiatrists is San Diego State University. We also need lots of Mental Health Associations, and Wellness Centers. And we need cheap Sober Living Homes for the people, etc.

And San Bernardino has the highest crime rate in the state, my Mother was born in San Bernardino, and it was nice back then, but now it is bad, all of my relatives left San Bernardino, they moved to nicer areas such as Redlands, etc.

San Francisco has China Town, and the Chinese will help to save San Francisco.

I do not know what to do about Oakland. Oakland is bad.

I guess groups like Homeboy Industries could help in Oakland, and in San Bernardino, etc. And churches. And Wellness Centers and Mental Health Associations. And cheap Sober Living Homes, and cheap Hostels. Biden could give money to the churches to help the desperate people, the same way that George W. Bush did, Bush gave money to the churches for the churches to help the homeless, etc. And Kiwanis International is everywhere and can help.

Our problems are not being created by Mexicans. And we can all benefit from bringing our immigrants out of the shadows and by making them legal.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: March 02, 2024, 12:25:53 AM »

Even when thousands  of them here illegally rape and kill our  kids while out on parole for killing and raping more of our kids.

You are thinking of your fat pasty pastor, congressperson or sheriff. White folks like to blame their rapes on people outside the home. Fortunately no one any longer believes them.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: March 02, 2024, 12:47:31 AM »

Red is supporting the most well documented American rapist still walking the streets in his bid to steal another term as president.

He wants the whole country to be more like this,

http://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-abortion-ban-domestic-violence_n_65dcd9a9e4b005b858312158
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: March 02, 2024, 06:05:07 AM »

Bambu,

I suspect your neighborhood is not one that is actually plagued with home invaders and street thugs. 

The knowledge that weve gained since 1982 unequivocally tells us something else. Serious violence is extremely concentrated in very particular places and, most importantly, among very particular people. Dispelling the notion of dangerous neighborhoods, extensive research on geographic concentration has consistently found that around half of all crime complaints or incidents of gun violence concentrated at about 5 percent of street segments or blocks in a given city.

...sophisticated analysis of social networks have demonstrated that homicides and shootings are strongly concentrated within small social networks within cities  -  and that there is even further concentration of violence within these social networks...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-25/beyond-broken-windows-what-really-drives-urban-crime

I live out of the 'Sydney basin' (50kms  S, W, N) now, semi rural, low crime area.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 06:25:13 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: March 02, 2024, 07:17:50 AM »

I saw the re-release of "Stop Making Sense" on a big screen a couple of months ago.  So great....
Cedar-Lee Theater, dollar Mondays, 1984. With the arguable exception of Blood Simple the next year, maybe the best $1.00 I ever spent.

Blood Simple! my intro to the Coen bros. Fantastic.

Saw Stop Making Sense at Forest Hills in summer of 83! Exhilarating!
Saw Blood Simple on April 1, 1985. A date I can Google because we chose to go to the movie rather than watch the NCAA hoops championship game because there was no way Villanova would be able to hang with Georgetown.  Game would be over by the 8 minute mark, why bother watching?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: March 02, 2024, 10:25:54 AM »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7768760/

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: March 02, 2024, 10:28:14 AM »

Do you actually think that matters to him? The Republicans have a wedge issue.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: March 02, 2024, 01:13:50 PM »

They have used the wedge issue to crack their skulls open and let their brains leak out.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 570