Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261603 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2475 on: September 15, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »

Hey jb glad you're alive and wel,  in or out of character

you cracked me up

and speaking of which, I was a little concerned that a 12-pack and a slick SC backroad...

I figured you had some pre-season bragging rights due you, but you never collected

and this place is way douchy, iwe're like an inbred Appalachian family, 3 or 4 generations down the line.

in any case, enjoy the Keystone

You take that back RichBob or I'll tell PappyUncle.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: September 15, 2019, 11:04:59 AM »

Hey jb glad you're alive and wel,  in or out of character

you cracked me up

and speaking of which, I was a little concerned that a 12-pack and a slick SC backroad...

I figured you had some pre-season bragging rights due you, but you never collected

and this place is way douchy, iwe're like an inbred Appalachian family, 3 or 4 generations down the line.

in any case, enjoy the Keystone

You take that back RichBob or I'll tell PappyUncle.

heh

wait til afternoon he's sleeping off the sampling of the 199 proof Tigers Paws he bottled last night

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: September 15, 2019, 12:06:08 PM »

Alabama weakness: Field Goal accuracy  98 misses since 2007, worst in the FBS (CBS)

The Kansas win at Boston College was its first against a power five team since 2008
Coupled with the Kansas State win over Mississippi State it marked the first time those two schools beat
power five teams on the same weekend since 1975

Maryland was 13 of 14 in red zone scoring the first two weeks of the season
It could only manage  TWO of 6 against Temple including four failures at first and goal.

Herm Edwards is 5-1 at Arizona State in games decided by 3 points or less

Eastern Michigan now has more wins against B1G teams since 2017 (3) than Illinois (2) and is tied with
Rutgers(3)

Minnesota is 3-0 and in each game rallied from behind with less than six minutes to go

The PAC12 is 5-6 against the Mountain West and the AAC

Notre Dame went 1-10 on third down but 5-5 on fourth down in routing New Mexico 66-14

The ACC had a miserable weekend. Inexplicable losses by Boston College(Kansas-at home)Georgia Tech( also at home to the Citadel who completed just ONE pass). Pitt beat Penn State in statistics but not on the scoreboard,West Virginia pummeled NC State, Virginia Tech struggled with Furman, and in a conference game North Carolina lost to Wake Forest.
Clemson, as the dominant team in the league, better hope the Playoff Committee holds onto its SOS blinders.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: September 15, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »

Offensive pass interference is seldom called. Should've been called there.

Are you talking about  at the end of the USC BYU Game?  I'll have to rewatch it.    All I saw was the defender reach out with his hand to trip the legs of the receiver on his way down.  That used to be called pass interference on the defense.  The contact before that looked incidental...but admittedly I might have had my Cardinal glasses on in the heat of battle.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: September 15, 2019, 12:28:06 PM »

In a league called the Big ten that has 14 teams sooner or later not being able to count can be a problem.

This is, no doubt, the new math that I've heard so much about.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: September 15, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »

I can barely remember my character other than he likes CLEM, hates tOSU, and has flights of fancy avoid mopeds and periods of dipsomania...

I needed that laugh.  Good to have you back!

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: September 15, 2019, 12:32:48 PM »

RE:
If I have not commented earlier, keep up with the sports/political cartoons.   You have some talent there!

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: September 15, 2019, 01:39:53 PM »

Is whisk still around or in hiding b/c Sparty debacle?

The ACC is no great shakes but all CLEM has to do is handle our business in conference,a greater concern is how do we prepare for the battle tested teams we would likely face in the playoff, or against the Cocks who were about 5 huge mistakes from being in a dogfight with ALA??

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:11 PM »

After a breath or two it would be relatively easy for you to recognize the style of a new poster called Hairy Lime ...or some such nonsense...

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: September 15, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

Saban needs his AD to take him down a peg or two.

I have a feeling Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia (maybe even LSU) are going to take care of that this year. 

Can you imagine Jalen hurts meeting Alabama in the playoffs?  Instant Classic

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 15, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »

Speaking of AD's, what 's your grapevine telling you about the USC spot?

Not much. I only know a couple of things.

Most everyone speculated that Swann was asked to "resign," probably at least under the pretense of the admissions scandal...but just as likely for some undisclosed political reason.  The incoming President, Carol Folt, took away all speculation by announcing that she already had a search committee picked out the next day and some oddly worded message about Lynn realizing he was not part of the team going forward.  I thought that was bad form.

My guess is she already has an AD picked out and someone she knows or has worked with in the past.  If that turns out to be the case after a supposed "national search," I'm going to really start watching her closely.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: September 15, 2019, 03:02:38 PM »

Drank a lot of Schafer Light as a kid, now I’m strictly a natural light guy and by “strictly” I mean I will drink any beer put in front of me.

Is there really a Hairy Lime?  B/C that’s from his favorite movie or another Graham Greene reference or both.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: September 15, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »

The ACC is no great shakes but all CLEM has to do is handle our business in conference,a greater concern is how do we prepare for the battle tested teams we would likely face in the playoff, or against the Cocks who were about 5 huge mistakes from being in a dogfight with ALA??
I am always around. If we can go unbeaten in the Big Whatever and we are still playoff bound! I did not get to see much of yesterday's games.

On the bright side, we put up 400 yards of total offense against a real good defense. on the other hand, how do you get 400 yards of offense, only one turnover, and only 7 points?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: September 15, 2019, 03:51:02 PM »

In a league called the Big ten that has 14 teams sooner or later not being able to count can be a problem.

This is, no doubt, the new math that I've heard so much about.
I note people on this forum have no issues with the number of teams in the Big XII or the concept of Syracuse and Pittsburgh being on the Atlantic Coast.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: September 15, 2019, 04:14:25 PM »

For that matter,.Tempe and Tucson have been on the Pacific coast since 1978.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 329