Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261799 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4155 on: September 14, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »

Arizona State 24, BYU 21

There is a lot of enthusiasm for the Sun Devils, a name that persists despite right wing cancel cultures attempts to change it, locally.  I am skeptical, if only because UNSC** and Southern Utah are more famous for, respectively, the most consistently annoying Food Network personality and a having the Southwests preeminent Shakespeare Festival. I was surprised, a little, by BYUs handling of Utah. They are now 2 and 0 against the PAWCP, although Arizona is awful.  It is at BYU, so an upset would not surprise me.

North Carodamnlina 27, Virginia 24

Wheels came off the Sam Howell for Heisman bandwagon pretty much before the band even wagoned. UNC had visions of the South Atlantic Conference championship game, but one more Conference loss will likely kill that. This is a conference game, right? I mean, normally but UNC is playing Wake Forest OOC, so you never know. UVA has cruised through its first two, but the Power 4 game was against Illinois, so that hardly counts.  I think UNC keeps their chances alive for now.

Oregon 63, Stony Brook 17

I dunno. West Egg to Oregon seems like an awful long trip to get the crap beat out of you.

Northwestern 27, Duke 7

Smart guys in pads!

Stanford 31, Vanderbilt 20

MORE smart guys in pads!

* Southern

** University of Nevada Sin City. I explain these things only once.

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: September 14, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »

josh -

Duck you and fuck your cut and paste apostrophe rule.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: September 18, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »

Three and oh Baybee!

SC's frosh is throwing darts to London.

I think we can beat this the team.

My pick on the NIU game was pretty much on target... for the half time score.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: September 18, 2021, 09:00:50 PM »

Beloved Stony Brook has score a TD against the #4 Ducks. And in the 1st quarter no less. If nothing else goes right today that will be enough.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: September 18, 2021, 09:03:08 PM »

Sabin is right, his team can't play well for an entire game.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: September 18, 2021, 09:06:22 PM »

The Spartans as well as the Wolverines are looking stout.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: September 18, 2021, 09:10:08 PM »

D.J. Graham's int was a thing of beauty. Defense baby, defense.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: September 19, 2021, 11:45:29 AM »

I do not know what is wrong with Scrabble Tile, but ClemSIN is really going to test the whole "Defense wins championships" saw. If they don't get him right ClemSIN has some losses in them.

Looks like BYU is the best team in the PAWCP South.

I could see bosox getting ready to post for a while, but it does look like the has their feature back. They will have to fix the defense before they get to the meat of the Big However Many East schedule.

Great game in Happy Valley. The White Out lived up to its reputation, and the game matched it. The leaping touchdown from the TE was my second.favorite play of the night. The Big However Many is going to be really interesting.

On one hand Bama looked beatable against an offensively challenged Florida. On the other, they won and I cannot shake the feeling that Satan is going to take the game to tell his team, I told you you weren't as good as your press clippings and no one will come within twenty of them for the rest of the year.

I was watching the IU game and, first, the targeting ejection of IU's stud linebacker clearly changed the game, and all i could picture was cap going nuts in his mom's basement.  Second at one point I heard "Irving Poindexter is running loose in the secondary" and I thought, there is a sentence i never thought I'd hear. Turns out IU has a wr whose last name is Ervin-Poindexter. Too bad.

There is a chance we could go into the Meatchicken game with both unbeaten. Schedule is doable, though we are at IU the week before and Meat has Whisky.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: September 19, 2021, 03:59:57 PM »

Would be if BYU played in the Pac12.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 04:02:15 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: September 19, 2021, 04:57:50 PM »

Would be if BYU played in the Pac12.
Sigh.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: September 19, 2021, 06:14:21 PM »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: September 19, 2021, 07:04:15 PM »

Ohio State converted  its entire game day management to modern technology a week ago.
All Tickets and parking passes are now accessed via hand held phones and refreshments are paid via credit cards.
As you might expect it was not a smooth transition and thousands of fans were inconvenienced.
OSU promised they could fix the electronic problems.
Meanwhile the team laid an literal egg against Oregon.
The team made coaching reassignments.
Saturday on the field the team beat Tulsa, but not convincingly
Athletic Director Gene Smith concluded the ticket, etc snafus of last week were mitigated.
But.
25,000 fans from a week ago did not attend the game.
It was the smallest OSU Home Crowd in 50 years dating back to the Woody Hayes era.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:06:58 PM by Espnthree »

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: September 19, 2021, 09:55:11 PM »

I do not know what is wrong with Scrabble Tile, but ClemSIN is really going to test the whole "Defense wins championships" saw. If they don't get him right ClemSIN has some losses in them.

I could see bosox getting ready to post for a while, but it does look like the has their feature back. They will have to fix the defense before they get to the meat of the Big However Many East schedule.

Great game in Happy Valley. The White Out lived up to its reputation, and the game matched it. The leaping touchdown from the TE was my second.favorite play of the night. The Big However Many is going to be really interesting.

On one hand Bama looked beatable against an offensively challenged Florida. On the other, they won and I cannot shake the feeling that Satan is going to take the game to tell his team, I told you you weren't as good as your press clippings and no one will come within twenty of them for the rest of the year.

I was watching the IU game and, first, the targeting ejection of IU's stud linebacker clearly changed the game, and all i could picture was cap going nuts in his mom's basement.  Second at one point I heard "Irving Poindexter is running loose in the secondary" and I thought, there is a sentence i never thought I'd hear. Turns out IU has a wr whose last name is Ervin-Poindexter. Too bad.

There is a chance we could go into the Meatchicken game with both unbeaten. Schedule is doable, though we are at IU the week before and Meat has Whisky.
Tulsa let me down

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: September 19, 2021, 10:14:39 PM »

Meanwhile the team laid an literal egg against Oregon.
A literal egg? I would've paid to see that!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: September 19, 2021, 10:17:21 PM »

Tulsa let me down
Wait for November 20. We'll have your back. Actually, 10/30 should do you right first.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 329