Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261671 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4290 on: October 23, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »

Hey our defense stopped em one time. Wow.
What the fuck cap.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: October 23, 2021, 08:27:23 PM »

Wait.  20-18 in NINE overtimes?  WTF?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: October 23, 2021, 08:29:42 PM »

And if you had Army-Wake UNDER 125  -

You lose!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: October 23, 2021, 09:33:08 PM »

Obviously I want my beloved Spartans to win the Big However Many and go to the playoffs, but as a pure CFB fan I have to say I really want to see the's offense and Georgia
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: October 24, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »

A DEEPLY FLAWED OT set of rules. And BORING.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: October 25, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »

A DEEPLY FLAWED OT set of rules. And BORING.

Not as flawed as the NFL, which are plain stupid.

In the NFL, you at least have to gain yardage, first.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: October 27, 2021, 10:56:05 AM »

Obviously I want my beloved Spartans to win the Big However Many and go to the playoffs, but as a pure CFB fan I have to say I really want to see the's offense and Georgia

I too would love to see that. OSU has played one team with a pulse and lost. Their offense has racked up big numbers at the expense of some Sad Sacks whose combined record is 12/22. They may indeed have a good offense, they can't help it if their schedule is weakish so far. But their defense is not showing me a heckuva lot.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: October 27, 2021, 10:58:11 AM »

Cap,  Not to worry....looking ahead catches everyone once!

Is it true that between the 4 and 5th OT your HC was on the phone with LSU and USC?

Hope so, I've never liked him. Hope he takes our OC with him.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: October 27, 2021, 12:10:00 PM »

Cap,  Not to worry....looking ahead catches everyone once!

Is it true that between the 4 and 5th OT your HC was on the phone with LSU and USC?

Hope so, I've never liked him. Hope he takes our OC with him.
Better yours than mine.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:29 PM »

I too would love to see that. OSU has played one team with a pulse and lost. Their offense has racked up big numbers at the expense of some Sad Sacks whose combined record is 12/22. They may indeed have a good offense, they can't help it if their schedule is weakish so far. But their defense is not showing me a heckuva lot.
To be fair, the worst team 3 - 5 Indiana lost to is Penn State. The other four are currently ranked in the top 10.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: October 27, 2021, 03:56:17 PM »

Eventual 2021-2022 national Champion Michigan State 27, Meatchicken 17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv48MwEbaQ

Do you have any idea how many times I have watched the Trouble With The Snap video on YouTube in the last few weeks?  Actually, you probably do. Guess high. Anyway, Meatchicken has an explosive running game, but that plays into our defensive strength. I think we can get Meatchicken into more passing situations and control the line of scrimmage. Defensively, Meatchicken has a strong defense, but they really have not played anyone with a potent offense yet. Not that we have; it is not our or their fault that Washington and Miami were down this year. Anyway, we will see how they handle our big play capabilities. I foresee a huge day for Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner III, Reed and Nailor. And Thorne. Now that I think about it, 27 points is too few.  45 at least! Go for 2 because they will not let you go for 3! CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT! MAKE THEM REGRET THAT THEY WERE EVER BORN!

The 35, the Pennsylvania State University 14

Stroud has gotten better each week, and the continues to have the best set of skill position players on offense in CFB for him to work with. That was a pretty strong IU defense they hung 54 on last week, look at the first half of the Cinci game and the game against us if you do not believe me. I think Pennsylvania State has a good defense, but I do question the health and efficacy of their offense. If Clifford is quote right unquote they can put up some points but not enough to take down the if the has its offense in gear. And, well, ILLINOIS? Seriously, ILLINOIS?

Georgia 28, Florida 10

Georgia still has not given up more than one touchdown in a game. That defense is fun to watch in action. Offensively I am not entirely sold on their quarterback play. It is efficient rather than great, and if the defense was any less stellar that could be an issue.  But man that defense. Florida should have been their biggest in season challenge, but I just do not see their offense sustaining anything, and their defense is hardly special.

Oklahoma 42 Texas Tech 27  

Why did they fire the coach? You are TEXAS TECH. You are in Lubbock. Kids are not playing for you because of your quality program, they are playing for you because they burned some bridges in Austin. 5 and 3 is not that bad given who and where you are. How do you not get to finish off the year?  Anyway, that first half against Kansas should have taken the air out of the Let us Give the Heisman to Caleb Williams after a Game and a Half trial balloon, though in many respects the second half pumped a little more air into it. The press loves moments they can point to, and Williams delivered those.

Wisconsin 14, Iowa 13

If you can limit your turnovers, you can beat Iowa. I think Wisky can limit their turnovers.  Still have to score some, though. Defense wins championships only if you have enough offense to allow your defense o win championships. Neither of these teams has shown that much, or really any, offense.

Indiana 20, Maryland 14

Seriously, how many teams would not have five losses with that schedule? I am not sure who their quarterback will be this week, they all took a pounding last week. I am picking this game on the IU D, last week notwithstanding.

University of Southern California 31, Tucson Central High 10

That would be an insult to Tucson Central High, if there was such a thing. There isn

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: October 27, 2021, 04:00:19 PM »

University of Southern California 31, Tucson Central High 10

That would be an insult to Tucson Central High, if there was such a thing. There is not. Maybe they should not have fired RichRod. Anyway, having UA on your schedule is like having a FCS school on it, or Kansas.

ClemSIN 3, the Florida State 2

OK, probably not that low scoring. But ClemSIN looks just lifeless and clueless on offense. They have line and trust issue. The vowel guy is focusing on the pass rush and not his reads, and the consonant guy who I am told is pronounced Puma chon, did not look any better last week, although he may start this Saturday. They have a world of talent there, but it is just not clicking. Florida State is worse off, though, and despite Pickett charging through them ClemSINs defense is still stellar.

Steelers 49, Dolphins 24

Speaking of Pickett, I had my first sustained look at him last Saturday, and he was pretty impressive against a tough ClemSIN defense. Miami has been competitive against the Carolina schools, even with King out, but outside of a directional school from Connecticut they have barely slowed anyone down all year, let alone stopped them. Pitt is two games clear of the rest of the South Atlantic League Coastal COASTAL? WHAT FUCKING COAST? RIVERS DO NOT HAVE COASTS! And they look a good bet to match with Woke or NC State in the GooGoo Nut Cluster Bar South Atlantic League Championship Game. Or whatever it is called.

Baylor 27, Texas 24

I had such hopes for Texas this year. Not sure why.

Auburn 34, Old Mississippi 27

I expect Kiffin to get the LSU job. He has been at Mississippi too long. Anyway, I have  history of not being as high on Mississippi schools as others. They tended to play a lot of Austin Peays and build up unbeaten records, before getting wiped by the rest of God apostrophe s Conference. Mississippi did play a so so Louisville this year, and while they have struggled with Arkansas, who I think we thought too much of out of two games, and Tennessee, they did beat them, but I am staying on skeptic level. Auburn is at home, and the home Stevie B. Nix is the good Stevie B. Nix.

Oregon 35, Colorado 17

Yes, that the win is looking pretty good, but Oregon

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: October 27, 2021, 04:02:45 PM »

Oregon 35, Colorado 17

Yes, that the win is looking pretty good, but Oregons biggest problem is it is just one win, and the rest of their quality of opposition is wretched. If they were rolling over mediocre teams, that would be one thing, but they are not. They need to start being impressive over the likes of the Buffaloes.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 42, North Carolina 38

OLotPT has not looked impressive at any time this year, aside maybe from the last 10 minutes of the Wisky game, but they do keep winning. There were some people who thought, at the beginning of the year, that UNC might be Top 10, South Atlantic League Championship Game loser material. What were those idiots thinking?

Arizona State 31, Washington State 20

Can Jake Dickert keep the full time job at Wazzou? One thing we know for sure, he definitely has a shot...

Other references of things I suddenly realized I was channeling;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HD2xG92-0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsa0ar443SI

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: October 28, 2021, 03:57:18 PM »

Where did you get those numbers? The's opponent's overall record is 20 - 24. Not stellar, sure, but hardly PEA.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: October 30, 2021, 12:38:17 PM »

To be fair, the worst team 3 - 5 Indiana lost to is Penn State. The other four are currently ranked in the top 10.

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 329