Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261627 times)

bosox26d

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4485 on: January 11, 2022, 10:24:05 PM »

It's like the Georgia QB went from Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White after the alleged fumble

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 12, 2022, 10:05:45 AM »

It's like the Georgia QB went from Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White after the alleged fumble

LOL, good observation Bo. Close games like this one was oftentimes only need weird shit like that call to tip the balance. And FTR I thought it was an incomplete pass.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:10:36 AM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 12, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »

LOL, good observation Bo. Close games like this one was oftentimes only need weird shit like that call to tip the balance. And FTR I thought it was an incomplete pass.
Same here

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 31, 2022, 01:20:25 PM »

My Way Too Early Top (Fuctionally) 10:

First, some teams that are not in it. Call these 12 through 21, in no particular order:

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie  I think they will be as good a team in terms of talent as last year and can certainly be in the playoff picture. But they have a new coach and their first game is in Columbus against a truly stacked the. In addition, there are games against ClemSIN, a resurgent (I expect) USC, and BYU. That is a tough schedule and I think they have had an unintentionally soft schedule the last few years (that is, it is not their fault Florida State, V Tach and USC were down last year) that has kept them elevated. Not this year.

Texas A&M  TAMU was in everyone elses top 10 preseason last year, but not mine. And they are in everyone elses top 10 this year and not in mine this year for the same reason: I just do not trust them. They also break in a new QB, although they open with a couple of light snacks before the real schedule sets in. There is a potential for any of the God apostrophe s conference West teams to be in the Top 20, which makes for a rough schedule.

Oklahoma State The Cowboys are just a couple of years away from dominating their league. But they lost a lot from their defensive backfield from last year, and the backfield is a bad place to be lacking in that Pure Prairie League.

BYU I have them as my G of 6 rep, but I think the schedule is too unmanageable for them. Hard to be a G of 6 team and be top 10 with more than one loss. They should be the G of 6 representative in the Committee Bowls, but it is hard to see them in the playoffs.

USC  It might take more than one year for USC to break through the carnage of the last year. They do have talent, but years of mismanagement is not going to go away overnight. The biggest question is the QB, which has seen a mass exodus of talent. If they can get Williams to follow Riley, that will help.

Oregon  Starting quarterback Bo Nix. Nuff said.

Old Mississippi  Maybe a reach, but I think Kiff has done well in the transfer portal. Replacing Corral with throwing Darts helps. But for them to break through to the Top 10 is tough. There is a pretty clear path for five losses for them. Or one.

the Louisiana State University  I usually down grade teams with new coaches slightly, but Brian Kelly is a real good coach, and I think LSU was just off under Ed the Orgys On and his loose touch. The talent has always been there for a top flight team.  The LSU schedule is a manageable one, but it is a tough division. I just think, as with USC, one year is not enough to flush the system.

Meatchicken  Pains me to put them in my Top 11, of course, but they have no Power 5 Out of Conference games. They get both the Pennsylvania State and Eventual 2022 2023 National Champion Michigan State in Ann Arbor and got a favorable draw from the Big However Many West. They should still have a strong run game, and even though they were powered by a defense that suffered plenty of losses and have some QB issues, and Harbaugh could well be a Dolphin in a week, the strong run game and favorable schedule should cap their losses at 2.

Michigan State  Yes, I know, I have them at 1. But this is reality, and the reality is they have one very big set of shoes to fill in III. They are using the portal well for their other holes, and I think the pass defense will improve, not that it could get much worse. But it is a tough schedule that could get them four or five losses pretty easily. I am comfortable with them in the real world top 20, though.

Anyway, here is my Top 11:

11. ClemSIN

Again, they are perfectly capable of returning to the top of the CFB ranks next year. But the worlds worst scrabble tile set never progressed last year, so until he does their offense is mired in mediocrity. The defense has carried them through and should still be strong. But Venable was considered a rock star DC for a reason. Will they be able to replace him and stay at the same level? On paper, it is a mushy schedule, but their two biggest games, OLotPT and Woke Forrest, are on the road. If this and the Meatchicken blurb read funny, it is because I have been toggling the two teams into this spot while writing this, and finally landed ClemSIN here and decided it was not worth rewriting the blurbs.

10. Wisconsin

The Big However Many did not do them any favors with the schedule reshuffle. They still draw both of their East teams on the road, and the East teams are the and Eventual 2022 National Champion Michigan State University. Still, they return a strong run game with their stud running back and I assume there is a reason Mertz was offered by Alabama and that reason may show itself any day. While they have some losses to make up on Defense, they should still be strong. Someone is winning the Big However Many West.

9. Kentucky

Someone is also winning the God apostrophe s Conference East, and I am taking KY. The Fightin Jellies return their entire starting backfield, including their starting QB and a thousand yard, 6 plus ypc running back in Rodriguez. They do need to do some work elsewhere on offense but are using the transfer portal well. Is this a reach? Probably. But the East is available for any team that catches fire.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 03:24:10 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 31, 2022, 01:25:45 PM »

8.  Oklahoma

It just occurred to me that it is impossible for me to misspell as opposed to mistype Oklahoma. I know way too many songs from musicals for a strictly heterosexual man. Anyway, Riley entering the coaching transfer portal has sent a lot of talent scurrying, including Caleb Williams who should have his head examined. But they seem to have replaced him through the portal before his spot had even cooled down. Riley recruited a lot of talent, and Venables will be the beneficiary.

7. Georgia

They are losing a lot from a generationally great defense. And I expect some God apostrophe s Conference East teams to be better than last years version of them, particularly Florida. The offense should still be good, and the defense will of course be almost as great. I just think there are enough snakes in the weeds for two losses.

6. Woke Forrest

Quarterback returns. So does the coach. Conference blows. Unless someone from the South Atlantic League rises up, they have exactly one game they should probably lose.

5. Baylor

I still like their back up quarterback better than the starter, although both return. Aranda is a good, solid old school coach, and I think the program can take advantage of the temporary conference instability with Oklahoma and Texas prepping for the move to God postrophe s Conference West also rans.

4. Utah

A PAWCP team is going to make the playoffs eventually. The Utes have a Rising young quarterback and their top runner returning for 2022, so why not them? I like their schedule, and the sort of meh state of the PAWCP makes them a threat if the get by that opening game with Florida. It also, though, means they cannot afford a misstep.

3. Alabama

It really does not matter how much talent they lose, does it? They lose some great players, every year, and it never matters. Fuck them. I hate them.

2. The

They are stacked. Well, like Alabama they are always stacked, but they are stacked with people like C J Stroud and Henderson and Smith Njigba who played significant roles in their 2021 success. If they can fix their defensive issues then they should be on everyones National Champion short list. Well, not jbott or bosox or cap but haters hate. There are some issues with the schedule; they do start the season with Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie, and they have the Pennsylvania State University and Eventual 2022 2023 National Champion Michigan State on the road. However, they get both archrival Meatchicken and OLotPT in Columbus, and while their cross conference draw is tough, both Wisky and Ioway come to Ohio. Last year the defense was a significant issue, but there is a ton of football talent there and a new DC to whip them into shape.

1.           Eventual 2022
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 31, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »

1.           Eventual 2022  2023 National Champion Michigan State University

Yeah, we lose III and Speedy Nailor, along with some long term starters on the offensive line. For what feels like the first time since the Raegan Administration, the starting center will NOT have the last name Allen. And yes, we had a horrible pass defense last year. But we are adding some Speed to the secondary, and there should be some improvement from the young starters. And more importantly, there really is not a pass heavy offense on the schedule before, or outside of, the. We do return Thorne, who has been better than I expected, and long term bromance partner Reed. Running game remains an issue without III, and I am not sure bringing in Wiskys second best running back who got dismissed from the team due to a prolonged hissy fit is going to cure that. Tuck has stepped up recruiting both in the regular world and through the portal. We are in play for a Top 10 spot, but the is a major stumbling block in the east and we draw Wisky from the West, and Minnesota, albeit both at home. And with the Pennsylvania State University and Meatchicken on the road, that becomes a difficult path to double digit wins.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: February 02, 2022, 06:38:01 PM »

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie  I think they will be as good a team in terms of talent as last year and can certainly be in the playoff picture. But they have a new coach and their first game is in Columbus against a truly stacked the. In addition, there are games against ClemSIN, a resurgent (I expect) USC, and BYU. That is a tough schedule and I think they have had an unintentionally soft schedule the last few years (that is, it is not their fault Florida State, V Tach and USC were down last year) that has kept them elevated. Not this year.

The general consensus would say you're right. But IMO ND isn't the talent deficient team they were years ago. And if you're going to want to get OSU it is best to get them early. Like Oregon did. Wouldn't be surprised in the least the see OSU lose this game. Nothing to do with hate, just an experienced observation when it comes to the Buckeyed. I won't mention that your hate of ND might be keeping you from placing them in the Top 10. Or use the haters hate line. Uhhh...wait a minute. :-)

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: February 03, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »

The general consensus would say you're right. But IMO ND isn't the talent deficient team they were years ago. And if you're going to want to get OSU it is best to get them early. Like Oregon did. Wouldn't be surprised in the least the see OSU lose this game. Nothing to do with hate, just an experienced observation when it comes to the Buckeyed. I won't mention that your hate of ND might be keeping you from placing them in the Top 10. Or use the haters hate line. Uhhh...wait a minute. :-)
I do not disagree with you. I just think it is more likely then not that the beats them because they have more talent, more experience and are at home. And that it is more likely then not that they lost.to ClemSIN at Clemson.  That is two losses. And there are other bumps threatening. They could certainly wind up in the Top 5.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: February 04, 2022, 04:14:31 PM »

I do not disagree with you. I just think it is more likely then not that the beats them because they have more talent, more experience and are at home. And that it is more likely then not that they lost.to ClemSIN at Clemson.  That is two losses. And there are other bumps threatening. They could certainly wind up in the Top 5.

Well shit,...., now I can't have a good argument with you.

The world really is turning upside down.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: February 06, 2022, 07:49:39 AM »

Well shit,...., now I can't have a good argument with you.

The world really is turning upside down.
I could toss in a "Shut the fuck up forum Nazi" for old times sake.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: February 06, 2022, 09:09:50 AM »

I suppose you could, if you could take the time off from the Leftist of the month club. That at least would show some good faith.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: February 06, 2022, 09:28:49 AM »

Fanspeak with trades is totally unrealistic, but fun.

Look at this haul:

7: R1 P7 CB Derek Stingley - LSU
14: R1 P14 OT Charles Cross - Mississippi State
36: R2 P4 G Kenyon Green - Texas A&M
66: R3 P2 CB Jalyn Armour-Davis - Alabama
67: R3 P3 S Lewis Cine - Georgia
76: R3 P12 LB Channing Tindall - Georgia
81: R3 P17 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
101: R3 P37 EDGE Boye Mafe - Minnesota
115: R4 P13 TE Jelani Woods - Virginia
146: R5 P4 G Cade Mays - Tennessee
154: R5 P12 G Chasen Hines - LSU
172: R5 P30 EDGE Tyreke Smith - Ohio State
176: R5 P34 WR Charleston Rambo - Miami
181: R6 P2 WR Danny Gray - SMU
182: R6 P3 EDGE Christopher Allen - Alabama
218: R6 P39 LB Josh Ross - Michigan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: February 06, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »

I suppose you could, if you could take the time off from the Leftist of the month club. That at least would show some good faith.
Dude, there are like, 10 of those.  I am going for leftist of the YEAR.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: February 06, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »

Dude, there are like, 10 of those.  I am going for leftist of the YEAR.

You've always been a go getter.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: February 16, 2022, 01:55:12 PM »

B1G to stay at 9 conference games.
Alliance with ACC and/or Pac12 not in the cards.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 329