Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261729 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4590 on: September 10, 2022, 03:08:46 PM »

Really, Texas?  You thought you were winning?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: September 10, 2022, 07:01:19 PM »

Wow. App State!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: September 10, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »

And Marshall!

No playoffs for Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: September 11, 2022, 01:12:06 AM »

Is the Sunbelt Conf a power 5 now? and where did they dig up the officials for Texas / Alabama

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: September 11, 2022, 08:13:03 AM »

Scott Frost seizes the early lead in the "Most Fired" contest. And Kirk Ferentz leads in the "Most Politely Elbowed Into Retirement" sweepstakes.

A great day for the Sun Belt Conference, while the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten lost all of its Power Five games. And who knew completely botching a safety call could have such an impact on the CFP race.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: September 11, 2022, 08:51:32 AM »

I am not sure if I forgot that Virginia was a P5 team, or that Illinois is in the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: September 11, 2022, 08:58:10 AM »

And Marshall!

No playoffs for Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie!

Careful bro, if you trip, you'll pole vault right out the window.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: September 11, 2022, 09:37:18 AM »

Is the Sunbelt Conf a power 5 now? and where did they dig up the officials for Texas / Alabama

Some really bad calls. But the eventual endzone call, I think, was the correct one. I could be wrong. My train of thought is this: Assuming there was no whistle before the Bama QB threw the ball. He wasn't down when he threw it, and it was deflected by a Texas player. So, no intentional grounding in the endzone. Just an incomplete pass. Had it not been deflected and wasn't intercepted it "might" of crossed the LOS. With the deflection that point is moot though. But to be truthful I really don't know the rule well enough to be sure I'm right or wrong.

But several pass interference calls and personal foul calls were missed as well as a ton of holding calls all over the field. Sloppy SLOPPY game for Bama. They looked like shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: September 11, 2022, 10:50:47 AM »

Some really bad calls. But the eventual endzone call, I think, was the correct one. I could be wrong. My train of thought is this: Assuming there was no whistle before the Bama QB threw the ball. He wasn't down when he threw it, and it was deflected by a Texas player. So, no intentional grounding in the endzone. Just an incomplete pass. Had it not been deflected and wasn't intercepted it "might" of crossed the LOS. With the deflection that point is moot though. But to be truthful I really don't know the rule well enough to be sure I'm right or wrong.

But several pass interference calls and personal foul calls were missed as well as a ton of holding calls all over the field. Sloppy SLOPPY game for Bama. They looked like shit.
The deflection only matter if the throw was aimed at an eligible receiver, which it was not.

Alabama looked awful. And while I expect Satan to dry the sloppiness out of them, I would still worry about that WR room.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: September 11, 2022, 12:12:10 PM »

Where did they get the players and coaches who do not know the rules?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: September 11, 2022, 12:21:34 PM »

The deflection only matter if the throw was aimed at an eligible receiver, which it was not.

I think the NFL is better.
The QB was in the grasp and the logical result of that play would be a safety.

Kudos to the officials for sorting out the college rules even if they were confused at first.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 02:34:33 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: September 11, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »

Nebraska has cooled on Frost.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: September 11, 2022, 06:29:22 PM »

I assume you have proof or have seen proof of that, so I'll take your word for it.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: September 11, 2022, 08:17:51 PM »

I think that would be impossible to officiate.
In the Texas/Alabama Game the pass in question was thrown forward and almost immediately batted away to fall incomplete. No official can guess where it might have gone.
My only question is if the offense throws an incomplete pass in the end zone which does not travel beyond the end zone is it , by rule, intentional grounding?
I guess not.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: September 12, 2022, 12:59:11 PM »

Strange lists of names as potential replacements for Frost. They keep including people who already have good gigs, like Matt Campbell and Mark Stoops. I would think the Nebraska job would be awful. A has been program with a community that thinks they should still be great. A lot of pressure with a small chance of success. I suppose for Stoops, they could pitch the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten West as an easier road than the God's Conference East, but Nebraska is further away from even the expanded playoffs than Kentucky.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 329