Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261607 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4695 on: November 08, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »

Other then the vicious and unprovoked assault by a Michigan player on the unprotected helmet of a MSU player, did I miss anything these last two weeks?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: November 08, 2022, 08:12:29 PM »

Well, I rarely call out Nick Saban for doing something stupid, as he rarely does something stupid. But when he went for 2 points I remember saying to the tv screen, before the try, "Well this is stupid Nick, got your head up your ass or what?"

It sure bit him in the ass later.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: November 09, 2022, 10:44:22 AM »

Under what conceivable circumstances do The or Meatchicken not make the playoffs? 
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: November 09, 2022, 03:38:27 PM »

Starting with playoff implications.

Georgia 35, The Old Mississippi State 3

Is there a path that does not lead to Georgia being in the playoffs? Neither of their two remaining God apostrophe s Conference games are total stiffs, but even with a single loss, if they win the C a s C Championship game even with a loss, they are in. If they are unbeaten going into the Championship game, they get in regardless of the result. Mississippi State is a decent team, but Georgia should handle them.

The 52, Indiana 10

The winner of the The v Meatchicken game is in roughly the same boat as Georgia, except it is harder to envision either team losing one of their remaining games except to each other, and it is harder to see either losing the conference championship game. The real question is, does a once beaten Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten East team get in? The got their hiccup game out of the way last week and should handle Indiana with ease.

Methchicken 49, Nebraska 3

Because to me it comes down to Georgia, the The UM winner and one of four teams for the playoffs. Tennessee, TCU, UM The loser and LSU. Any other scenario will require chaos. Or, I suppose, an utter blow out in the The v UM game. Nebraska is just not good anymore, so Meatchicken should not be tested here.

Tennessee 42, Misery 21

Is there a non chaos scenario where Tennessee does not get in? They should be favored in all of their games, only the Cocks pose a challenge. I can think of one, which I will get to later. I like teams that have not been in the playoffs before getting in, so go Vols. Missouri is not a major hurdle.

Texas Christian 35, Texas 27

Here is one of two teams that could knock Tennessee or the IINB10 East loser out. TCU running the table. TCU has three games they could lose, and a fourth in the Pure Prairie League Championship game. They have played a highly ethnocentric schedule though and I think one loss could knock them below the other one loss teams, even if they win the PPL championship game, as no other PPL team has fewer than 3 losses. Texas is an interesting challenge.

The Louisiana State University 35, Arkansas 17

And here is the real wild card. LSU has a game in hand on Old Mississippi and though they still have games against teams that back in September were highly thought of in Arkansas and TAMU, they should run the table. Which gives them a punchers chance against Georgia. Does a two loss God apostrophe s Conference Champion get in over a one loss Tennessee, Georgia, The, Meatchicken, TCU? Which of those would LSU knock out with a win over Georgia? Probably Tennessee, since it is hard to imagine a scenario that would result in three G a s C teams in the playoffs. That would then leave the fourth spot for either the IINB10 East loser and TCU for the last spot.

University of California * 31, Colorado 14

Is the PAWCP still in play for a spot? USC can bolster their resume with wins over UCLA and Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie. That would give them two more quality wins and should put them in a good position. The problem is, they would need to win the Conference as well, and I am not sure, with that loss to Utah, it looks like they need some help to get there. Anyway, they should have an easy game against the Cradle of Coaches.

Oregon 40, Washington 17

Did the absolute pantsing by Georgia in week one permanently kill off Oregon as a playoff team? They have won out since, including games against some good teams, and if you take the view that Georgia is the class of CFB, and I think most of us do, losing to them should not be a deal breaker. But here we are. Anyway, I hope they lose to Utah next week. The PAWCP is not doing divisions for its playoff this year, and an Oregon loss to Utah should result in a 3 way tie for two places. The final tiebreaker is, I believe, letting Larry Scott decide, and then doing the opposite, which is wise.

ClemSIN 27, Louisville 20

If ClemSIN had been at all impressive this year, a single loss to OLotPT should not knock them that far down. But they have not been impressive, and they are on playoff life support, needing a lot of chaos to get to the top 4. I do not even have much confidence in them getting past the Vile.

North Carolina 27, Woke Forest 24

Included because I suppose there are some wild possibilities out there that could put the fourth spot in play for a 1 loss UNC. A couple of TCU losses, LSU losing one of its cake games, a Good Bad and Ugly PAWCP finale, that kind of thing. But the South Atlantic League is the deadest of the power 5.

Old Mississippi 35, Alabama 27

Old Mississippi needs LSU to lose one of its remaining conference games, and then win out through the God apostrophe s Conference Championship game. Not winning the Championship, even being a G a s C team with one loss, probably knocks them out because they are not Tennessee. Alabama needs LSU to lose twice to make the G a s C Championship, and that is not happening. Toast!

EVENTUAL 2022 QUICK LANE BOWL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 24, Rutgers 17

Now for the games with no bearing on the playoffs. We need two wins to be bowl eligible, so we better beat Rutgers and Indiana. Not feeling it against the Pennsylvania State. Our offense has just not been what it should be this year, but I think we can beat the Scarlett O Haras. Actually, I suspect that, given the state of the race in the West, we might bump up to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, which I might be able to get tickets for.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 35, Navy 17

OLotPT did us all a service by knocking out ClemSIN. They were a pretender.

The Pennsylvania State University 24, Maryland 17

Maryland is 6 and 3 with games against PSU, The, and the traditional year end rivalry game with Rutgers. 7 and 5 is a good season for them.

Colby 27, Bowdoin 20

I missed the first two games of the BBC series. Sorry. The Cheese beat the Fightin Lawrence Chamberlains.

* Southern

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: November 09, 2022, 03:43:46 PM »

The more snobby of the Bowdoin students refer to Colby as "The University of Maine-Waterville."

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: November 10, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »

Under what conceivable circumstances do The or Meatchicken not make the playoffs?
Losing to tOSU.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: November 10, 2022, 09:46:53 AM »

Losing to tOSU.
A one loss Methchicken gets in over a one loss conference champion from the Bilge XII, ACC or PAC.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: November 10, 2022, 03:29:43 PM »

Losing to tOSU.
A one loss Methchicken gets in over a one loss conference champion from the Bilge XII, ACC or PAC.
No way.
Michigan has a terrible sos ,  best win is Penn State (to date)and without beating tOSU will not play for a championship.
 TCU, still undefeated, has 5 top 25 wins and a  Big12 Championship  game. Coming up
Oregon with a loss (to Georgia) has 3 top 25 wins and a likely  shot at a fourth in Pac12 title game.

A Michigan Loss to the Best team in the league and it will get the same fate as a one loss Tennessee, a nice Bowl Game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:31:29 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: November 10, 2022, 04:00:23 PM »

Assuming they win out the only thing that would keep Tennessee from being in the playoffs would be LSU winning the conference championship game.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: November 10, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »

Assuming they win out the only thing that would keep Tennessee from being in the playoffs would be LSU winning the conference championship game.
Tennessee cant win the SEC or even play for it.
The only one loss team from the SEc that could go would be Georgia

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: November 11, 2022, 09:29:09 AM »

Georgia 35, The Old Mississippi State 3

Is there a path that does not lead to Georgia being in the playoffs? Neither of their two remaining God apostrophe s Conference games are total stiffs, but even with a single loss, if they win the C a s C Championship game even with a loss, they are in. If they are unbeaten going into the Championship game, they get in regardless of the result. Mississippi State is a decent team, but Georgia should handle them

I think this game will be much closer than this. Maybe even an upset special.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: November 11, 2022, 09:34:23 AM »

As always, your Big10 arrogance is showing skippy.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: November 11, 2022, 09:46:11 AM »

How is that?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: November 11, 2022, 12:56:32 PM »

How is that?

I assume your inability to control it.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: November 11, 2022, 02:30:06 PM »

How is that?

I assume your inability to control it.
LOL
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 329