Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261860 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1725 on: December 31, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »

I’m not going to talk bad about any other team,”. Who knows if they were the four best teams, but they were ranked that way. They played hard and played tough competition. I do think this team could compete and we’d put out a good showing. You never know what would’ve happened, but it’s out of our hands.”

Guess what team that player is from?
At least he has the good sense not to speculate on a game that could not happen.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 31, 2018, 12:36:27 PM »

I’m not going to talk bad about any other team,”. Who knows if they were the four best teams, but they were ranked that way. They played hard and played tough competition. I do think this team could compete and we’d put out a good showing. You never know what would’ve happened, but it’s out of our hands.”

At least he has the good sense not to speculate on a game that could not happen.

So bully for him. It has zilch to do with us.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 31, 2018, 01:10:34 PM »

No guesses?

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 31, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »

No guesses?
Brian Lewerke.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 31, 2018, 01:36:39 PM »

Steve Alford?

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 31, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »

Sounds like UCF.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 31, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 31, 2018, 03:35:53 PM »

Well there is no question at all that having a small group of people decide who the four "best" teams are is a flawed system.  To have language that suggests that "deserving" has nothing to do with it is doubling down on the flaw.

Whether someone "thinks" Georgia is a better team than Notre Dame or not really should not matter.  Georgia lost two games and Notre Dame lost none.   UCF has a better argument than Georgia IMO.  and again...I'm not suggesting that UCF would have put up a better game than Notre Dame, but they were the only other undefeated team.  That was the original purpose of going to any form of a playoff -- to put an end to the "I deserved it more than you did" argument.

Georgia lost two games. They beat Notre Dame by one point last year and arguably they had a better team last year and Notre Dame had a worse team last year.  Georgia did not deserve to be there...regardless of whether they might have been a better "match up" for Alabama.  We literally just saw that game.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 31, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »

Fickell's Bearcats pull it out. Good enjoyable game.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 31, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »

Well there is no question at all that having a small group of people decide who the four "best" teams are is a flawed system.  To have language that suggests that "deserving" has nothing to do with it is doubling down on the flaw.

Whether someone "thinks" Georgia is a better team than Notre Dame or not really should not matter.  Georgia lost two games and Notre Dame lost none.   UCF has a better argument than Georgia IMO.  and again...I'm not suggesting that UCF would have put up a better game than Notre Dame, but they were the only other undefeated team.  That was the original purpose of going to any form of a playoff -- to put an end to the "I deserved it more than you did" argument.

Georgia lost two games. They beat Notre Dame by one point last year and arguably they had a better team last year and Notre Dame had a worse team last year.  Georgia did not deserve to be there...regardless of whether they might have been a better "match up" for Alabama.  We literally just saw that game.

Okay, good argument.

If someone tell me to go out and pick the four best teams I'm personally not putting ND in there. Maybe not even putting them in there if they said the six best teams. But if someone said to me put the four best teams in there that 'deserve' to be in there I might have to think twice.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 31, 2018, 04:42:06 PM »

Any and all playoff systems are flawed. College football has no choice to but to devise a system based on voting. Always has,always will.

I prefer “ Georgia did not qualify” which was explained in detail by the Committee.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 31, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »

Only thing matters now is should Giants take the Okl. kid.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 31, 2018, 06:22:55 PM »

Ah well.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 31, 2018, 06:25:09 PM »

Worst call since Mrs. Grady told the village idiot, "You paid your dollar, it's ok if you don't pull out."

Calling my mother a whore?  Reaching to start the new year on a new LOW.

You have 10 seconds to retract .....
Read you own posts you vile pile of wasted sperm.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 31, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »

Besides it is not the new year yet you temporally challenged turd.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 329