Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 261652 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2355 on: September 01, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »

« Reply #2355 on: Today at 06:36:20 PM »

SEC SOS took a big hit Saturday.  Four upset losses and an Arkansas squeak-by an FCS Portland State.
The league only plays 8 conference games and still has plenty patsies on its remaining non-conference lineup:
Charleston Southern,NewMexico State,Murray State,Tulane, UT Martin,Chattanooga,Southeastern Louisiana,Arkansas State,
LaMar,Northwestern State,  Southeast Missouri State, Troy, UTSA, Western Carolina, Samford, Abilene Christian, and East Tennessee State,

Which means a lot of pressure is on LSU this week at Texas, and Texas A and M at Clemson.

Otherwise it will be another battle between Alabama and Georgia but only the Champ will make the playoff. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: September 01, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »

Northwestern plays defense.

Teams that don't play offense....

No. Stanford just played 'better' defense.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: September 01, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »

« Reply #2355 on: Today at 06:36:20 PM »

SEC SOS took a big hit Saturday.  Four upset losses and an Arkansas squeak-by an FCS Portland State.
The league only plays 8 conference games and still has plenty patsies on its remaining non-conference lineup:
Charleston Southern,NewMexico State,Murray State,Tulane, UT Martin,Chattanooga,Southeastern Louisiana,Arkansas State,
LaMar,Northwestern State,  Southeast Missouri State, Troy, UTSA, Western Carolina, Samford, Abilene Christian, and East Tennessee State,

Which means a lot of pressure is on LSU this week at Texas, and Texas A and M at Clemson.

Otherwise it will be another battle between Alabama and Georgia but only the Champ will make the playoff.

Sigh.

It's a little early for me to be schooling you again.

The Big Ten Champ and other champs could all be two game losers.(With the probable exception of Clemson) One of the two SEC teams you so erringly leave out could only have 'one' loss. This is why Delaney was whining about the Conference Champion blah blah blah. He's smarter than you. He can see the possibilities.

PLEASE, try to start paying attention Skip old sock.

Sidenote: The Ducks are already swimming upstream as they got beat by Auburn.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 07:47:07 PM by CaptainCargo »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: September 01, 2019, 08:05:05 PM »

Thinking Fisher might be the best defensive player in the country. He reminds me of his coach.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: September 01, 2019, 08:50:49 PM »

Thinking Fisher might be the best defensive player in the country. He reminds me of his coach.

He's a pure pleasure to watch that's for sure.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: September 01, 2019, 08:53:35 PM »

Now that's the Oklahoma defense I've come to know.

This will probably be one of those rarity games that I'll have to agree with Stevo about offense.

Or, when nobody plays defense, well then it's all about the offense I suppose. ;-)

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: September 01, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »

« Reply #2355 on: Today at 06:36:20 PM »n

The Big Ten Champ and other champs could all be two game losers.(With the probable exception of Clemson) One of the two SEC teams you so erringly leave out could only have 'one' loss.
It’s week one and the SEC is in a hole based on SOS.
Good luck on your week 14 hopes.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: September 01, 2019, 09:30:47 PM »

The Big Ten Champ and other champs could all be two game losers.(With the probable exception of Clemson) One of the two SEC teams you so erringly leave out could only have 'one' loss.

You're the one that projected to the playoffs after week one and declared the SEC wasn't going to get two teams in. Not me. I just pointed out your homeriffic usual bias.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: September 01, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »

You're the one that projected to the playoffs after week one and declared the SEC wasn't going to get two teams in. Not me. I just pointed out your homeriffic usual bias.

You should pay attention to what I wrote.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: September 01, 2019, 10:39:29 PM »

No. Stanford just played 'better' defense.
Boise State played "better" offense.

One sided teams fly as far.as one winged birds.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: September 02, 2019, 07:15:13 PM »

Tonight

Notre Dame -18.5

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: September 02, 2019, 07:40:04 PM »

Why does somebody who "rarely" bets on sports continue to discuss gambling?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: September 02, 2019, 08:51:44 PM »

Play or fucking don't

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: September 02, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »

I'll fucking don't

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: September 03, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »

And thank God, too.  If I listened to the non-gambler Kid I would have lost my house.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 329