Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121961 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »

Since over half the people you agree with on here are your aliases we should have seen this as coming( and hilarious).

Oh, yes, you could start a skillet factory with the irony in Ward calling out aliases.

And, just to be sure I'm following JimDickESPward's latest, if I read someone's link to Daily Kos and then reply to their post, that means I am posting a Kos link?
No, you used the link to reply to my post.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2022, 03:00:33 PM »

Let me see if I'm following.  You are saying that Facilitatorn is an alias of mine??  Not sure how else to read that, given that I don't post Daily Kos links and he does.
Say what? Your reference to the Daily Kos was a repost of a link posted by a moron as if it had any credibility.

Be nice, ward. I am one of the few friends you have left willing to help you give up you poisonous allegiance to the numerous false gods you blindly worship.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2022, 03:16:23 PM »

We cannot go downhill into a worse economy, it is already bad, we need to fix things and we need to make things better, and we need jobs, housing, and healthcare, for our people.

Clearly, you should hurry to tell the World Bank how to stop it from happening!

I have been trying.

Some things that I have suggested to them...

Invest in the ports in Mexico.

Make it as easy for the poor to get business loans after college as it is for the wealthy, and help the poor to have the same opportunities that the rich people have.

And I told them that if we can market and sell California orange juice to China and India that we could help our homeless people in California.

I told the World Bank about the cheap land in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for the refugees, etc, and told them that they can do trade with San Francisco.

I told the World Bank that the Entertainment Industry and the Modeling Industry can help in nations such as Colombia where Shakira and Sofia Vergara came from. I told them that the students from Colombia and from other places can come to the USA and they can study here and then they can rise and they can take opportunities to Colombia, etc. Shakira has the Barefeet Children's Foundation and she builds schools for the children in Colombia, and more things like that can happen. This prompted the World Bank to open their next post with the headline "Lights, Camera, Action!"

And I tried to help to expand trade between Latin America and Kentucky.

I tried to help the homeless in California, and the Foster Children, etc.

In Africa I told them to invest in civil engineering projects that they need, etc.

Some stuff the World Bank has loved, and some stuff they declined to post. They are trying to help the poorest of the poor, and they do not really like to talk about issues in the rich places like in Los Angeles where we have surpluses. We have surpluses and the people in government here are so corrupt that the money is not going to help the homeless. Instead of surpluses then we need to have food, shelter, and health care for our people. The money in California is not making it to help the poor homeless people and Foster Children, and abused women, etc, who need help. But, the World Bank wants to help the really poor nations, and Ukraine, etc, they are not interested in "rich people problems." They want me to focus my brain power on Africa and Latin America, etc.

Anyhow, I am trying to help the world economy, and I am trying to help the homeless people and the orphans and the abused women. I am trying to be a voice for the people who cannot speak for themselves. Cesar Chavez said that the best use of an education is to help other people, and that is what I have tried to do. I have tried to help. I think some people have listened sometimes, and sometimes I have helped.

I will help if I can.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 03:22:27 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2022, 03:27:20 PM »

The Senate got serious, ignored the Sleepy Joe misguided(and misnamed) assault weapons ban
and produced a filibuster free bill that makes sense in fighting mass killings in schools.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2022, 04:00:03 PM »

People need to put away their differences, and we need to come together to help the foster children, and the homeless people, and the abused women, and the poor people who need help and jobs.

Here in the USA we need to come together to help the poor, and to solve our problems, we need to stop fighting about issues that we disagree on and we need to come together to help the poor people. We know we are going to fight about guns and abortion, we are never going to agree on the issues of guns and abortion, so we need to skip all of that and we need to focus on issues that we do agree on such as helping the homeless and helping the foster children and helping the abused women, and the mentally ill, etc.

Recently we had the President of Mexico decline to come to the Summit of the Americas because Cuba and Venezuela and Nicaraqua were not invited. We need to put away our political differences and we need to come together for the good of the people, the poor people in Mexico needed for their President to be at the Summit of the Americas, he needed to be there to fight to help the orphans in Mexico and to help all of the people in Mexico who he is representing.

People need to put away their differences on the same old hot button issues that we will never agree on, and we need to work together on issues that we will always agree on, such as creating honest opportunities for people, and helping the foster children, and helping the abused women, and helping the mentally ill, and helping the homeless people. There are many things that we agree on that we can work together to accomplish to help people, instead of wasting time fighting on stuff that we are never going to agree on.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2022, 05:49:21 PM »

Since over half the people you agree with on here are your aliases we should have seen this as coming( and hilarious).

Oh, yes, you could start a skillet factory with the irony in Ward calling out aliases.

And, just to be sure I'm following JimDickESPward's latest, if I read someone's link to Daily Kos and then reply to their post, that means I am posting a Kos link?  I dunno, that's fairly convoluted, and seems to skip over the question of what I might or might not agree with.  Or if the story was a reprint from elsewhere.

Gotta learn to discuss the actual topic, Alias King.
it is equally funny that RedDickJimmES, who has never proffered an opinion here he has not lofted, sometimes verbatim, from one of a handful of right wing web sites accuses you of the same thing. He really is a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »

The Senate got serious, ignored the Sleepy Joe misguided(and misnamed) assault weapons ban
and produced a filibuster free bill that makes sense in fighting mass killings in schools.
LOL. Cannot stand be is going to get credit, can you, you Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2022, 05:54:22 PM »

And, just to be sure I'm following JimDickESPward's latest, if I read someone's link to Daily Kos and then reply to their post, that means I am posting a Kos link?
No, you used the link to reply to my post.
Nowhere near enough to meet the problem, but it is like 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2022, 05:58:50 PM »

And, just to be sure I'm following JimDickESPward's latest, if I read someone's link to Daily Kos and then reply to their post, that means I am posting a Kos link?  I dunno, that's fairly convoluted, and seems to skip over the question of what I might or might not agree with.  Or if the story was a reprint from elsewhere.

it is equally funny that RedDickJimmES, who has never proffered an opinion here he has not lofted, sometimes verbatim, from one of a handful of right wing web sites accuses you of the same thing. He really is a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Your above post has nothing to do with any previous conversations of mine.
Usually happens when you do not  actually read what is typed.
It is also telling that you never point to any right wing verbatim post I am alleged to have copied.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2022, 06:01:13 PM »

LOL. Cannot stand be is going to get credit, can you, you Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Try to learn to edit. Unless you are mimicking Biden misreading a prompter.
LOL!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2022, 06:35:47 PM »

Ward is just happy that Biden is here to lead in the difficult time republicans have created for us with their endless graft and malfeasance.

Ward is just about to break his ties with the republican death cult and see if he can make some kind of life for himself in the United States.

Ward, you new full throated support for President Biden will be a good start.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2022, 07:55:40 PM »

LOL. Cannot stand he is going to get credit, can you, you Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Try to learn to edit. Unless you are mimicking Biden misreading a prompter.
LOL!
If you say so, you Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2022, 07:56:41 PM »

Your above post has nothing to do with any previous conversations of mine.
Usually happens when you do not  actually read what is typed.
It is also telling that you never point to any right wing verbatim post I am alleged to have copied.
LOL. Nice dodge you Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2022, 12:35:43 AM »

The bill is a band-aid, at best, and will do far too little about mass shootings.

I applaud the proposal to increase support to mental health services, while noting that measure is unlikely to even do much about suicides and nothing about mass shootings.

The extra examination for 18-21 year olds is mostly a joke.

The boyfriend loophole for red flag laws is the most important of these in terms of reducing homicide by firearms. Still really not about mass shootings, but it's not nothing.

Still skeptical that even this light bill will get past the filibuster, but we can hope, even as the desire for substantive change is ignored or even laughed at by those who continue to put ridiculous gun ownership ahead of children's lives.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 577