Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121962 times)

Holly Martins

Re: News in General,
« Reply #1665 on: October 17, 2022, 12:36:57 PM »

The Left has a problem with Crime as an election issue.

I'm sure Herschel Walker can fix crime with his honorary sheriff's badge and cartel decoder ring he found in a cereal box that fell open when he was beating one of his girlfriends.

Holly Martins

Re: News in General
« Reply #1666 on: October 17, 2022, 12:38:36 PM »

Please debate, Katie Hobbs.  Even David Axelrod thinks you are making a mistake. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 17, 2022, 01:34:07 PM »

The New York Times/Sienna poll now has the GOP leading dems in the generic vote 49-45.
A month ago the poll had the dems up by one.

I am shifting more towards Republican because I feel like they are more geared towards business, said Robin Ackerman, a 37-year-old Democrat and mortgage loan officer who lives in New Castle, Del., and is planning to vote Republican this fall.

Ms. Ackerman said she disagreed 1,000 percent with the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and erase the national right to an abortion.  But that does not really have a lot to do with my decision, she said of her fall vote. I am more focused on other issues.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 17, 2022, 01:41:26 PM »

I watched a show on Public Broadcasting last night about Ecstasy, it was eye opening.

I support the youth being able to dance all night at raves and clubs, I loved clubs when I was young, but the Youth need to be taught to avoid the Ecstasy and other bad drugs. When I was young everyone was doing cocaine, and then later it was meth, and I had to be smart enough to just say NO! and not use the drugs. I partied and I went to the clubs, and I threw parties, but I never let myself get addicted to drugs. I smoked cigarettes for 20 years, but eventually I quit that, but that was it, I never got into the drugs. That is what we need to teach the Youth, we need to teach the Youth to dance and have fun, but just say NO! to the drugs. Pot is legal, and they can never over-dose on pot, pot is safe enough. And they can drink alcohol. But, the pills need to stop.

One thing that we can do, is we can use the arts to stop the drug use. We can use music, movies, poetry, television shows, public service announcements, etc, to teach the Youth to just say NO! to drugs. Recently a little girl died in a restroom from fentanyl, they found her in a restroom at her school on the floor dead, they need to make a television show about that girl, and then put the television show on television for the Youth to watch when they come home from school. We can use television shows to teach the Youth to avoid the drugs. And there can be a huge public movement to get the Youth to avoid drugs.

And the pills are horrible, they never know what is in the pills, and one pill can kill a kid.

The kids think the pills are fun, but it is all BULLSHIT.

There is a club here in Hollywood called the Viper Room and it was owned by Johnny Depp, and River Phoenix over-dosed and died in front of that club. There is nothing cool about drugs. Whenever I go to the Viper Room I see that spot on the sidewalk where River Phoenix died. People need to have fun without the death. You do not have to over-dose to have fun.

In Amsterdam the police are not making much progress, but instead public education programs to teach the Youth are what is making the most progress.

If you can change how people think and feel, then you can change how they behave. We need to teach the Youth the truth about the drugs that they are going to come into contact with at the night clubs and raves, it is fine to go dance and have fun, but we need to teach the Youth to just say NO! to the drugs. The artists can help in the battle against the drugs that are killing our Youth.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 01:46:04 PM by FlyingVProd »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 17, 2022, 02:34:46 PM »

Red remains an asshole but he's right, I think.  It's going to be a Democratic bloodbath. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 17, 2022, 03:52:59 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/us/radioactive-school-coldwater-creek/index.html

The school's students are 88% minority, 64% financially economically disadvantaged.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 17, 2022, 04:42:06 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/us/radioactive-school-coldwater-creek/index.html

The school's students are 88% minority, 64% financially economically disadvantaged.
So what
So what is your point?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 17, 2022, 04:52:43 PM »

A Harvard/Harris poll asked if  the  Crime Spike across the USA is the result of
Woke Politicians
Or
Other Reasons.

64 percent blamed Woke Politicians
( 50 percent dems, 75 per cent GOP, 60 percent IND)

The fact that a majority of Democrats are not just ceding that wokeness is a problem in the abstract, but that it is directly responsible for one of the defining issues of the 2022 election (crime and public safety)  is bad news for the Left. It is  also yet another indication that the contemporary culture war can and should be a winner for Republicans, if they are willing to run aggressively on them, these are not boutique right wing base issues. They have implications that are felt across the political spectrum.

Wow, they used the term "woke politicians". No wonder the results were skewed. Normally a respected poster like Harris would avoid meaningless words designed solely to trigger negative responses.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 17, 2022, 04:59:00 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 17, 2022, 05:06:09 PM »

A Harvard/Harris poll asked if  the  Crime Spike across the USA is the result of
Woke Politicians
Or
Other Reasons.

64 percent blamed Woke Politicians
( 50 percent dems, 75 per cent GOP, 60 percent IND)

The fact that a majority of Democrats are not just ceding that wokeness is a problem in the abstract, but that it is directly responsible for one of the defining issues of the 2022 election (crime and public safety)  is bad news for the Left. It is  also yet another indication that the contemporary culture war can and should be a winner for Republicans, if they are willing to run aggressively on them, these are not boutique right wing base issues. They have implications that are felt across the political spectrum.

Wow, they used the term "woke politicians". No wonder the results were skewed. Normally a respected poster like Harris would avoid meaningless words designed solely to trigger negative responses.
Or the term has relevance.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 17, 2022, 05:20:29 PM »

Speaking of relevance,

http://studentaid.gov

It is live.

Good government, free of republican interference, delivers for the voters.

When you squash republican crooks, you can have nice things.

Vote for Democrats.

Keep marching.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 17, 2022, 05:20:36 PM »

Memo to Harry
Probably might  want to ignore Obama and his thoughts on Cancel Culture

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 17, 2022, 06:56:36 PM »

Oh dear, the Australian dollar is tanking against the US dollar.
AUD 1 = USD 0.61.
So, If I were thinking about travelling to the U.S. I would have to basically throw 39 of every 100 of my dollars in the trash bin on the way out.
Expected to be down to somewhere in the 50's cents next week...meaning I would lose 40 dollars or more in every 100 dollars of mine.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 17, 2022, 07:06:15 PM »

As far as redstains last weak fart, wise folk pay attention to proven leaders especially those whose work still sustains us.

Redstain ignores Obama because that President reminds him still of both his treason and his impotence.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 17, 2022, 07:07:01 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/17/mississippi-river-shipwreck-louisiana-baton-rouge

If we keep drilling and pumping, we will probably find more wrecks.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 577