Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121964 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5760 on: October 05, 2023, 12:40:40 PM »

Good guy with a gun #50,401:

Armed Man Seeking Wisconsin Governor Arrested In State Capitol
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: October 05, 2023, 02:27:58 PM »

What is interesting about that is the armed man was quickly let out on bail and returned later with an AK 47 demanding to see the Governor, again.

Which leads to the Chattanooga tragedy, where a father of three was murdered by a guy with 66 prior arrests. The city Mayor called it a senseless act of gun violence.
What it was was senseless that this predator was still on the streets.
That is not gun violence, that is criminal behavior sanctioned by the blind faith of an activist who holds political office.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: October 05, 2023, 02:53:25 PM »

The DA for Chattanooga is Coty Wamp, a Republican. That is whose "blind faith of an activist who holds political office" sanctioned the criminal conduct.

No thought on your part on the idea that someone with 66 prior arrests could buy a handgun and an AK 47?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 02:57:39 PM by Hairy Lime »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: October 05, 2023, 03:30:29 PM »

The DA for Chattanooga is Coty Wamp, a Republican. That is whose "blind faith of an activist who holds political office" sanctioned the criminal conduct.
And your point is what?
No thought on your part on the idea that someone with 66 prior arrests could buy a handgun and an AK 47?
I think you are a little confused.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: October 05, 2023, 04:19:38 PM »

And your point is what?
That the idea that the Chattanooga killer was on the street due to some liberal coddling runs hard up against the reality of Tennessee politics.
You are correct. My bad, I transferred the guns of the Wisky miscreant to the killer from the land of whiskey. However, the point about a person with 66 prior arrests having a gun still stands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: October 05, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »

More like 'bad man with a gun'...'hunting the Gov'.

The Gov should be armed with guns ready to fire...so he can protect himself.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: October 05, 2023, 07:14:27 PM »

What is interesting about that is the armed man was quickly let out on bail and returned later with an AK 47 demanding to see the Governor, again.

Which leads to the Chattanooga tragedy, where a father of three was murdered by a guy with 66 prior arrests. The city Mayor called it a senseless act of gun violence.
What it was was senseless that this predator was still on the streets.
That is not gun violence, that is criminal behavior sanctioned by the blind faith of an activist who holds political office.

From what I learnt from watching a video yesterday of the history of bail in the US ...surely a man with a gun after the Gov qualifies him for no bail...absolutely no bail, kept in custody for a serious crime intent.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 08:05:20 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: October 05, 2023, 08:00:51 PM »

Across the seas, 'America' comes to bambuworld:

Daily Telegraph today:

WAR on the HOMEFRONT

'Everyday people' living in tents as homeless woman told to move on.

Homelessness in NSW has spiked to record highs as the cost of living crunch drives more people on to the streets - but even then some are facing eviction.

#####

Yes, it'll now be 'Waltzing Matilda' for many people [at least nice weather can always be found around the nation by moving around thru the seasons], assaults and robberies could be a problem, 'sitting ducks'... because federal and state govts have stuffed it all up.

Yesterday it was revealed that "Bowser Bandits" abound, people filling their cars with fuel then driving off without paying as the cost of living surges to a level where people can't afford to 'live'.

The top 10 suburbs for 'petrol theft' like this were listed yesterday...yes, not one 'wealthy suburb/district' on the list.
Where I live is on the list.
The "Serious Crime and Robbery" section of the police force is now involved.

There are cameras everywhere at 'Servos' [service stations/gas stations]...people are foolish, they'll never get away with it, but will get themselves into serious trouble with the law...get themselves a criminal record...no going to America etc with a criminal record.

No money for fuel?...you have to walk to work etc, or catch public transport. No driving to the mall/supermarket. No driving kids to school/sporting matches/training, no driving to visit the relatives. No phones and tablets for the kids, no vacations, no going anywhere...no buying anything.
When the kids say "are we poor now daddy"?...you have to answer truthfully   "YES"! [then rattle off a list of those whose fault it is.]

"Daddy, my school bag has fallen apart, what shall I do?"
"Well, we'll have to make do with what we have...here, take this cabin bag, just wheel it along, it's good, you won't get a sore back, and it locks."
"But daddy, the principal won't like that, it doesn't have the school logo on it."
"If the principal objects, tell him to ring me".

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: October 05, 2023, 08:51:23 PM »

And your point is what?
That the idea that the Chattanooga killer was on the street due to some liberal coddling runs hard up against the reality of Tennessee politics.
You are correct. My bad, I transferred the guns of the Wisky miscreant to the killer from the land of whiskey. However, the point about a person with 66 prior arrests having a gun still stands.
What point us that?,

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: October 05, 2023, 10:14:28 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: October 06, 2023, 01:26:17 AM »

Red is as persuasive now as any tobacco or asbestos lobbyist peddling other forms of cancer hiding as consumer products protected by novel and fictitious legal theories that never stand up well to serious scrutiny.

He will be on to a full throated defense of child traffickers in the republican congressional caucus with the same shitty dumbass approach next.

He knows he is beat on guns and the environment so it is time for loser Red to move on 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: October 06, 2023, 08:14:02 AM »

And your point is what?
What point us that?,
The point to my comment? It is the point everyone here understands, including you.

The point of trying to have a discussion with you? None. None at all.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: October 06, 2023, 10:23:58 AM »

And your point is what?
What point us that?,
The point to my comment? It is the point everyone here understands, including you.

The point of trying to have a discussion with you? None. None at all.
Your discussions are usually based on your bigotry not facts.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: October 06, 2023, 02:11:37 PM »

Your discussions are usually based on your bigotry not facts.

That has a much stronger ring of truth if you substitute the clearly out of place second person pronoun for a first person pronoun that you have spent years convincing everyone is absolutely appropriate and accurate to the rest of your response

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 577