Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121955 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5985 on: October 17, 2023, 11:44:25 AM »

In the asbsence of a "No" answer I'll assume the answer is "Yes".
You'll assume it anyway.     

One day you might figure out that all Palestinians are not Hamas, but I'm not holding my breath.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: October 17, 2023, 11:50:50 AM »

Rockets/missiles are stil being fired from Gaza into Israel...also from Lebanon into Israel.
Iran seems like it can't wait to start blowing up Israel.

A total clean out of Gaza seems the only way Israel can prevent being attacked from there again.
Total clean out and total control of exactly who lives there and what is imported to there, wouldn't want more weapons being stockpiled, rockets/missiles, automatic weapons and explosives (wouldn't want and more barbaric invasions from Gaza into Israel.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 11:52:29 AM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: October 17, 2023, 11:54:43 AM »

Everyone is morally responsible for their own acts. Tony is normally anodyne at best if not outright stupidly naive, especially when it comes to white Christians, Celebrities and the people of Battle Mountain, but sometimes the anodyne escapes people. Hamas and only Hamas, is responsible for its unspeakable acts of last Sunday, regardless of provocation. Israel, and only Israel, is responsible for any of its acts in pursuit of a justified military reaponse that violate international law.
You somehow combine cheap insults about Tony with a total misreading of the laws of war.
Israel is totally justified in wiping out Hamas. If Israel does not attack, Hamas will keep attacking
If you are naive about this remember Israel is not required  to stop  protecting its own citizens in order to spare Palestinian children.
As to the totality of the conflict there will never be Peace in the  Mid East until the jihadists are annihilated.
There is no law of war that makes victory a crime
And you willfully misread my posts, which has nothing to do with a war against Hamas but rather the treatment of Palestinian civilians and potential war crimes against them.
I didn
"I mean, how long does it take to check your own work?"
My error.
I did not misread anything
Hamas put its own citizens into military targets,such as schools, etc.
Israel cannot be held responsible if citizens die when military targets are destroyed.

Andrew McCarthy in National Review

in times of War courtroom proof that a target is a strategic enemy asset is not required before attacking. Again, targeting is a judgment call made by military professionals based on experience and battlefield intelligence. The United States armed forces do not conduct a trial or seek a judicial warrant based on probable cause before striking terrorist havens in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Yemen. Why, as Iraq War vet David French pointedly asks, would we expect Israel while fighting an existential defensive war against terrorists who repeatedly attack its territory  to abide by self-defense restrictions we would not tolerate for ourselves?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: October 17, 2023, 12:03:20 PM »

Wikipedia says Yes.
Why, with 2 million people crammed into Gaza, is the birthrate there 4.5 if there's reportedly little water and food always, and life there is miserable/horrible reportedly?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: October 17, 2023, 02:07:31 PM »

Of course Red sees schools as military targets. Any education is an existential threat to the lives of malicious fucktards like Red.

That is why his type attacks schools at home and cheers for their destruction in places like Palestine, Israel and Ukraine.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: October 17, 2023, 02:28:32 PM »

Wikipedia says Yes.
Why, with 2 million people crammed into Gaza, is the birthrate there 4.5 if there's reportedly little water and food always, and life there is miserable/horrible reportedly?
Miserable people still fuck.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: October 17, 2023, 02:40:12 PM »

Everyone is morally responsible for their own acts. Tony is normally anodyne at best if not outright stupidly naive, especially when it comes to white Christians, Celebrities and the people of Battle Mountain, but sometimes the anodyne escapes people. Hamas and only Hamas, is responsible for its unspeakable acts of last Sunday, regardless of provocation. Israel, and only Israel, is responsible for any of its acts in pursuit of a justified military reaponse that violate international law.
You somehow combine cheap insults about Tony with a total misreading of the laws of war.
Israel is totally justified in wiping out Hamas. If Israel does not attack, Hamas will keep attacking
If you are naive about this remember Israel is not required  to stop  protecting its own citizens in order to spare Palestinian children.
As to the totality of the conflict there will never be Peace in the  Mid East until the jihadists are annihilated.
And you willfully misread my posts, which has nothing to do with a war against Hamas but rather the treatment of Palestinian civilians and potential war crimes against them.
I didn
My error.
Israel cannot be held responsible if citizens die when military targets are destroyed.
Nice dodge. That is both correct and not a response to the point I was making.

in times of War courtroom proof that a target is a strategic enemy asset is not required before attacking. Again, targeting is a judgment call made by military professionals based on experience and battlefield intelligence. The United States armed forces do not conduct a trial or seek a judicial warrant based on probable cause before striking terrorist havens in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Yemen. Why, as Iraq War vet David French pointedly asks, would we expect Israel while fighting an existential defensive war against terrorists who repeatedly attack its territory  to abide by self-defense restrictions we would not tolerate for ourselves?
Again, also correct and not a response to the point i was making. But you never really care about honestly responding to anyone else's point.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: October 17, 2023, 02:41:13 PM »

Rockets/missiles are stil being fired from Gaza into Israel...also from Lebanon into Israel.

A total clean out of Gaza seems the only way Israel can prevent being attacked from there again.
Total clean out and total control of exactly who lives there and what is imported to there, wouldn't want more weapons being stockpiled, rockets/missiles, automatic weapons and explosives (wouldn't want and more barbaric invasions from Gaza into Israel.)
Excellent. So your response is ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: October 17, 2023, 03:00:47 PM »

Wikipedia says Yes.
Miserable people still fuck.

All over the world in poorer societies where mortality, especially child mortality, is high the birth rate tends to be high because parents cannot assume all their children will survive to adulthood.  Economic development and social stability correlates strongly with decline in birth rate. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: October 17, 2023, 03:03:59 PM »

Sure, Israel is only fighting Hamas soldiers.  And they honor the Geneva Convention!

BBC, today:

Hundreds of people have been killed in an Israeli strike on a hospital in Gaza, according to Palestinian officials; the Israeli military says it's investigating the incident.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: October 17, 2023, 03:10:12 PM »

No.
Obviously Gaza has to be evacuated completely and then searched thoroughly for tunnels, weapons, and terrorists.
Trouble is, terrorists don't walk around with signs on them.
The rubble removed, then only people who are not terrorists allowed to return.
The people evacuated to the Arab states that support them.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: October 17, 2023, 03:12:05 PM »

No.
Obviously Gaza has to be evacuated completely and then searched thoroughly for tunnels, weapons, and terrorists.
Trouble is, terrorists don't walk around with signs on them.
The rubble removed, then only people who are not terrorists allowed to return.
The people evacuated to the Arab states that support them.
Exactly. Ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: October 17, 2023, 03:25:12 PM »

He's obfuscating now by saying evacuated.

Funny, if he was driven from his home by an invading army, then pushed into a concentration camp, I don't think he would call it evacuation. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: October 17, 2023, 03:31:35 PM »

I didn
My error.

Again, also correct and not a response to the point i was making. But you never really care about honestly responding to anyone else's point.
Then you had no point.
It is part of your consistent MO

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: October 17, 2023, 03:40:32 PM »

I didn
My error.

Then you had no point.
It is part of your consistent MO
But you never really care about honestly responding to anyone else's point. You just pretend there was not one. It is the only card in your hand.

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 577